shape
carat
color
clarity

gift from my Mother

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone.... I hope all of you are going well today. I went this morning and spent sometime with my Mom when we started talking about my new princess cut solitaire that my Husband is going to suprise me with. I know he has done and ordered the ring and I''m thinking he already has it stored in his Dad''s safe, but says that he is waiting for a special occasion to give it to me. The only thing I can think of would be our anniversary that will be coming up after his Sisters wedding this spring.....

But back to visiting with my Mom... we were talking about my soon to be ring, when she went to her jewelry box and took out her ering that she wore for the last 5 years that my Dad was alive. After his death she put the ring away and just wore her gold wedding band, and me or my Sister hadn''t seen this marquise ring since! She brought it to me and told me that it would make her so happy if I would wear the ring as my sig. right hand ring!!!! I was so excited for her to give this to me! She said I could reset it if I would want to, but I think I will leave it as is for awhile and then maybe in the future I will reset. She said she would dig the papers out on it this weekend so that way I could put them away with all my other important papers.

The only stats I have on the ring is that the center marquise is .50ct and the setting has .75ct. And get this... the stone color is a K !!!! There was some K color talk on her the past few days in another thread so I was in shock when my Mom told me that this very VERY white diamond as a K!!! The ring came from a local jeweler that also sales H & A diamonds... but his prices are CRAZY!!!! So that''s why me and my husband didn''t purchase my new ring to be from him.

So All I can say at this point is

center stone : .50ct Marquise
color : K
clarity : I1...... believe me when I tell you this is the cleanest I1 stone I have ever put my eyes on in my life!!!!! This is just by what my Mom said... I''m thinking that it might be a SI1..
setting : 14k white gold with plat head.

Okay.... when it comes to pictures... I haven''t had much practice at taking pictures of diamonds, so bare with me on picture quality... they could be alot better. I''m hoping that my skills will grow by the time I get my princess... So here are some pics of my Mom''s ring and I alos took two of my .25ct wedding band that I''m wearing right now... the quality could be better. I will probably wear it with my princess until I find a very small micro pave diamond band to wear with it.

so here are some pics... tell me what you think... good and bad! Thanks for everyone looking!!!

alittel to big.JPG

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have any idea of how to post more then one picture per post.... so please ... I hope no one minds if I make like a crazy amount of post for you to see my pics....
emsmile.gif

almost the same.JPG

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much SanDiegoLady....

Here is another pic...

okay.... I''m having picture problems... I''ll have to figure this out... one moment please...

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
okay... I just think that some of my pictures aren''t sized right... so I''ll have to get the hang of this...lol!

But anyways... another pic.

bow tie.JPG

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
My ring size is a 5.5 on my left hand and this ring is a 6.... so I could wear it on my left hand if I would want to... but I like a good snug ring...

open box.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its lovely and incredibly special and precious!

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
There is just no way that the clarity of this diamond is right.... I can''t wait to get the papers... I just know it''s a SI1... or better ... I can''t see nothing in it!!! But I still haven''t looped it yet....

up close no color.JPG

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 1:59:39 PM
Author: Lorelei

Thanks Lorelei! Yes it is very special.... I still don''t think I''m going to reset it asap or anything... but in time I will reset it.... the setting is really 80''s 90''s to me.... I think it would look amazing in a very delicate halo set east west....
27.gif

..... but I must not start anything til after I get my new solitaire.... I have to hold to that promise to myself....
7.gif

I can do that ..... at least I think I can....
20.gif

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
and just for fun here is a picture of my little .25ct diamond band that I wear everyday. I will wear it with my princess solitaire when I get it until I can find me a micro pave half eternity band....

Stone color is H I and clarity is SI1.....
1.gif

band on hand.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2009 2:05:03 PM
Author: SparkleNut

Thanks Lorelei! Yes it is very special.... I still don''t think I''m going to reset it asap or anything... but in time I will reset it.... the setting is really 80''s 90''s to me.... I think it would look amazing in a very delicate halo set east west....
27.gif

..... but I must not start anything til after I get my new solitaire.... I have to hold to that promise to myself....
7.gif

20.gif
Hehehe!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a lovely gift from your Mom. The Marquise is beautiful.
30.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely gift from your mom, wear it in good health always!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely and wonderful gift!!

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone... she sure is a sparkler... and I love sparkle!!! LOL!!! But it was so sweet of my Mom to give this to me. I would have never thought in a million years that she would just up and do this...

But like I said.... a great big thank you to.... SanDiegoLady, Lorelei, Kaleigh, Diamond*Dana, Kelli !!!

You are all so sweet....
emsmile.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a special gift! I love the center stone and it does indeed look very clean and white!! I also love the shape of the MQ, gorgeous!

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
That is such a pretty and special ring. Wear it in good health!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a lovely special gift. The more I see Marquise cuts the more I am loving them!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
what a nice gift!
36.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful and special gift!!
36.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What a great sentiment, and what a pretty stone! Wear it in good health.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
That marquise is beautiful-the shape and proportions are perfect! What a special gift-wear it in good health!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I love marquise--wear it in health!

cheers--Sharon

Burk

Ideal_Rock
That''s so sweet! Pretty ring!

got2goldens

Shiny_Rock
How sweet of your Mom to give you that ring
1.gif

I love Marquise, and that one is a beauty.
I think that stone in an east-west halo would be a total knockout...

Kat

MMT

Ideal_Rock
What a special gift from your mom
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 2:05:03 PM
Author: SparkleNut

I still don't think I'm going to reset it asap or anything... but in time I will reset it.... the setting is really 80's 90's to me.... I think it would look amazing in a very delicate halo set east west....
27.gif

7.gif

20.gif
If you're anything like me you won't be able to resist that reset for long
31.gif
. Your marquis would look lovely in a halo setting - there are some nice examples here on PS but don't look at them now or you'll get too exited
28.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely and special gift.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
sparklenut - i think this is great! how wonderful for your mom to give this to you!

i''m also really pleased you''re not going to reset it straight away. i think that says to your mom ''it''s precious just the way it is'', and it respects the memory of the ring your parents chose; this isnt just a piece of jewelry - this is somebody''s precious memory!

what a nice mother! what a loving daughter! what a great gift. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results