shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA vs. AGS etc??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

m650

Rough_Rock
What is the whole GIA and AGS certificate?? And I know there are a few others out there like JEGG or something?? (I''m sure I butchered that up) What is what, and which is better?? How do they are scale their stones?? Anything you can help a lost diamond guy would be great, thanks!!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
GIA and AGS are generally on par in the color and clarity grading. Only difference is in Cut grading. AGS is stricter in cut grading for round cut, slightly different flavor than GIA, and is the only lab that grades Princess on cut performance, which you are interested in.

m650

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply. And like I said, I''m completely new to this, so what exactly is cut grading?? And I understand a bit of the GIA (whats considered colorless and near colorless, due to my Mother and all her diamonds) but what is considered good for AGS??

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
AGS cut grading, top grade is AGS0 or sometimes stated as Ideal cut.

Here is an example. http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/5003/.

AGS recently change their report format to Plat and Gold report, so the report will look different from the above for stones graded in 2009.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results