shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA to End Censorship of Lab Diamond Grades

Ada Diamonds CEO

Rough_Rock
Trade
Since 2006, GIA has redacted high-fidelity information from grading reports of laboratory-grown diamonds. Today, they announced that they're ending that policy and will report the same 4Cs information to the public, regardless of diamond origin:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since 2006, GIA has redacted high-fidelity information from grading reports of laboratory-grown diamonds. Today, they announced that they're ending that policy and will report the same 4Cs information to the public, regardless of diamond origin:

Ooooh, thanks for posting this - I have previously moaned about how they must have the info in order to give their wider grading bands, so I'm pleased they are seizing the opportunity to produce something on par with their Mined report offerings! :))

I think this and AGS getting back into the market is perhaps indicative of a change in market perception - if the 'big boys' think MMDs are worth grading, perhaps the perception is they are here to stay and a market segment worthy of interest to business/people previously opposed to them.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooh, thanks for posting this - I have previously moaned about how they must have the info in order to give their wider grading bands, so I'm pleased they are seizing the opportunity to produce something on par with their Mined report offerings! :))

I think this and AGS getting back into the market is perhaps indicative of a change in market perception - if the 'big boys' think MMDs are worth grading, perhaps the perception is they are here to stay and a market segment worthy of interest to business/people previously opposed to them.

Good for consumers for certain by making MMDs more "respectable".

DK :))

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just came here to post this! Exciting news!!!

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock
YAY! It's about time!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results