shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA reports

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jeeyun

Rough_Rock
Why do standard GIA reports not include measurements for crown and pavillion angles? These numbers seem fairly important in determining the quality of a diamond. What is GIA's motivation for not including this information?Also, my fiance just purchased a diamond with the following GIA report details.shape. round
measurements. 6.20-6.27 x 3.76mm
weight. 0.88 carat
depth. 60.3%
girdle. thin to medium, faceted
culet. none
polish. very good
symmetry. very good
clarity grade. internally flawless
color grade. f
flourescence. noneI asked for the Sarin results also:
diam. 6.24mm (6.19 - 6.27)
depth. 3.77mm 60.4%
crown. 34.2' 14.7% 0
pavil. 41.0' 43.3% 0
table. 3.54mm 57% 0
culet. 0.6% ver. small 0
girdle. 0.9thin - 1.4medium 1.1% 0I have two questions about this diamond. Should the tiny discrepancies in numbers between the two reports concern me at all? What are the zeros at the end of the Sarin report lines for?Thanks for any help.
smile.gif

jeeyun

Rough_Rock
Thanks for alleviating my worries, leonid!
smile.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Jeeyun,Small differences between GIA and Sarin report are ok and due to measurement errors of the machines.The measurements for your diamond are very sweet - 1.7 HCA - within Tolkowsky ideal range.I don't know why GIA do not release crown and pavilion data... Probably they think that public is not ready to digest the info
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results