shape
carat
color
clarity

gia report

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luish

Rough_Rock
I am buying a diamond and the GIA report is from march 1 2007... I am supposing that the report is too old because nobody wants to buy it... it''s that right?

Moh 10

Brilliant_Rock
It could have been sold and returned.
Also, there is no guarantee you are the first buyer of ANY diamond even if the report was dated yesterday.
Diamonds are not thrown away after divorce, death or trade in.

Anyway, who cares?
Diamonds are zillions of years old.
I would not give any thought to a 2007 date on a GIA report.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Retailerls average diamond inventory turns less than once a year.
Not unusual that the stone has been sitting in stores at daytime and safes at night.
It could be a virgin
30.gif

trion.

Rough_Rock
Others would know the exact date, but the only time this seems like it would be a concern would be for AGS grading after they changed the way they graded. I don''t think GIA has changed their grading guidelines in awhile. I think AGS was 2005? But I could be way off there.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/20/2009 10:53:17 PM
Author: trion.
Others would know the exact date, but the only time this seems like it would be a concern would be for AGS grading after they changed the way they graded. I don''t think GIA has changed their grading guidelines in awhile. I think AGS was 2005? But I could be way off there.
if you could get the specs for this stone then PSers can tell you if its inside the AGS 0 box.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/20/2009 9:26:58 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
Retailerls average diamond inventory turns less than once a year.
Not unusual that the stone has been sitting in stores at daytime and safes at night.
It could be a virgin
30.gif
LOL!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results