carat
color
clarity

GIA HCA AGA OH MY!!!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi All,
Have not had time to read all, which is a shame because th debate is interesting.
The stone is likely better in an earring or pendant where brightness can matter more than fire.

But the buyer may like the idea of a much larger stone.
So eeerg you have loads of top and conflicting advice, now its up to you

mchap

Rough_Rock

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would strongly prefer the eye clean options from WF vs one that might not be eye clean. I typically prefer options from WF to JA, because stones from JA still need ASET/IS images to confirm good performance, whereas ones from WF are going to be amazing.

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock

I like the first and third Whiteflash ones ... they say eye clean. I also like the one posted by @mchap - it’s a bit smaller but also a bit cheaper. Would also recommend WF because of the excellent trade-up policy ... plus, as @lovedogs mentioned, you need the images from JA but already know the ones from WF will be amazing - the videos are WOW (I never get tired of looking at the ACA videos).

@Ereeg - I don’t know if we’ve converted you, but if we have, you won’t regret it! :twirl:

p.s. I really need to proof read before I post instead of after

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would "inquire" about the 1.31. The price is really nice if it is "eye-clean" enough. If not, the other two are really nice. You can ask for pictures side-by-side
to get a better idea about the stones. You can also ask them to "talk" you through the stones and tell you what they see. They will be honest with you
and since they have them in-house and can compare they are really are your best resource.

Izzy70

Shiny_Rock
I can’t comment on the diamonds but I can recommend Whiteflash, I used them to purchase a 1.067ct I VS2 diamond pendant and sent overseas to a small island off the English coast! The local jewellers were not interested in supplying any diamonds in the parameters I asked for.

Ereeg

Rough_Rock
So I have "narrowed" it down to these 4 diamonds from online. I still have the local jewelers looking for stones within the ideal range to see what they come up with...

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/compare.aspx?idnos=4089369,4065507,4089366,4001980

1: 1.337 G SI1 Expert Selection

2: 1.26 G SI1 Expert Selection

Most eye clean SI1 on the list per WF.

3: 1.324 I SI1 A Cut Above

4: 1.39 I VS2 Premium select

All are eye clean. The premium select has good measurements, I think. They are all within $1000 of each other. Size is a factor, of course. What diamond would you choose and why?? IN YOUR OPINION Does G versus I make a large difference in a white gold setting? I don't want to go below 1.25 ct as size matter for the Mrs. to be :) :)

This will go in either Vatche U113 or the Whiteflash Classic Knife edge setting with some mods (medium height, claw prong, soften knife edge-that tiffany classic look lol). Deciding wt gold vs platinum.

Becca is great help at WF. Any help for an anxious guy is appreciated from everyone! And thank you so much for the support and guidance!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I have "narrowed" it down to these 4 diamonds from online. I still have the local jewelers looking for stones within the ideal range to see what they come up with...

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/compare.aspx?idnos=4089369,4065507,4089366,4001980

1: 1.337 G SI1 Expert Selection

2: 1.26 G SI1 Expert Selection

Most eye clean SI1 on the list per WF.

3: 1.324 I SI1 A Cut Above

4: 1.39 I VS2 Premium select

All are eye clean. The premium select has good measurements, I think. They are all within $1000 of each other. Size is a factor, of course. What diamond would you choose and why?? IN YOUR OPINION Does G versus I make a large difference in a white gold setting? I don't want to go below 1.25 ct as size matter for the Mrs. to be :) :)

This will go in either Vatche U113 or the Whiteflash Classic Knife edge setting with some mods (medium height, claw prong, soften knife edge-that tiffany classic look lol). Deciding wt gold vs platinum.

Becca is great help at WF. Any help for an anxious guy is appreciated from everyone! And thank you so much for the support and guidance!

I prefer the ACA to the others. But of the non ACA choices, my favorite is the 1.26 ES.

I personally wouldn't have any issue with an I colored stone, but of course I'm not your intended :) If you think she is color sensitive, then I think a G is a really safe bet.

Ereeg

Rough_Rock
Do you prefer the ACA just because it’s ACA? I still am not convinced people could tell the difference between that and an ES when just viewing the diamond in normal situations. Not meaning to be condescending at all, hope it’s not taken that way. I just doubt it’s that much different??

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you prefer the ACA just because it’s ACA? I still am not convinced people could tell the difference between that and an ES when just viewing the diamond in normal situations. Not meaning to be condescending at all, hope it’s not taken that way. I just doubt it’s that much different??
I can't say whether or not anyone could see the difference IRL, but I'm going off of the images (including IS/ASET), and picked my favorite one(s). I don't like the images of the 1.33, because there's a lot of strange green on the edges of the ASET, and somehow the front image of the diamond itself looked a little dark/mushy? I can't quite explain it, and I'm sure IRL it would look fine, but comparing it to the others it's not my favorite. The PS one also looks fine to me, but I wouldn't want to pay an extra 1K for a less well-cut stone. That leaves the 2 I mentioned before.

DickyB89

Rough_Rock
I'm no expert but filtering on Whiteflash to your desired specs I immediately came across the 1.324 and it certainly seems to be in the sweet spot of what you are looking for and priced less than the other similar options (ACAs) whiteflash has. I am wondering if it is a low I closer to a J color and that is why it is priced so well. It says it is eye clean so it must be a pretty good SI1.

We went with an H ACA and it seems extremely white the only time you can see color is a little bit on the side if you really focus on it so I can't imagine an I being much worse. The rest of the specs on this one seem to be as ideal as can be. Small table and high crown means tons of fire. And fat arrows are also more desirable by most here.

Again just going by what I've learned in my search a few months ago but assuming you have come around to the online idea which I would also recommend, I would put this one on hold and ask about the color and confirm it is eye clean.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
F84F6795-924F-4C5C-9B57-63A9498F4BB0.jpeg
Just a word about losing size for PS parameters...here is a side by side of my 1 ct, uncertified diamond we bought when we knew nothing about diamonds and my new PS parameter 0.3 ct diamond from James Allen. I gave up a ton of size to stay within my budget, but this little stone outperforms the bigger one in literally every way possible and this is not even a great picture.

Yes, I thought my .57 G SI2 CBI was much larger appearing than one would think. To me, it compared in presence to my uncertified original .75 D likely a 60/60ish round.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
F84F6795-924F-4C5C-9B57-63A9498F4BB0.jpeg
Just a word about losing size for PS parameters...here is a side by side of my 1 ct, uncertified diamond we bought when we knew nothing about diamonds and my new PS parameter 0.3 ct diamond from James Allen. I gave up a ton of size to stay within my budget, but this little stone outperforms the bigger one in literally every way possible and this is not even a great picture.
I must echo this sentiment based on my new 2.01 (with essentially no spread whatsoever!) versus my former DOG of a stone that was 3.29. I, too, decreased in size by a lot, but WOW, such a difference.
So happy for you and your beautiful new ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results