shape
carat
color
clarity

GFCO gem report

gemstonelover81

Rough_Rock
Hi, I’ve just purchased a 2.4ct thereabouts trillion cut, unheated tanzanite at around SG$900. Wanted to check if my buy is worth the price i paid for. Comes with a cert from GFCO Gem lab.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We would need to see pictures, otherwise we cant guess about the quality

JackTrick

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not seeing terribly much information online pointing to GFCO being a reputable lab. Which starts me from a place of suspicion. If the gemstone is a blue/violet tanzanite and is reporting to be unheated, my suspicion grows!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do you think?

IMG_5358.jpg

My guess is that IRL it will be windowed and quite grey. I probably wouldn't buy it because it wont be vibrant blue/purple like top qualify tanzanite.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As FYI, there not much of a markup for heated vs unheated tanzanite compared to other gems like ruby / sapphire. Do not be swayed by the fact that it is unheated unless it's a mind clean thing that it must be unheated for personal reasons.

JackTrick

Brilliant_Rock
Ah, from the picture it at least looks unheated (caveat, all identifications with online photos should be taken with a grain of salt).

I've seen really really nice top tier unheated tanzanite with great cutting and gorgeous mixtures of green, violet, and blue. Those have been priced at $450/ct.

While tough to judge actual color, I'm not crazy about the windowing (the area in the center you can mostly see through).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results