shape
carat
color
clarity

Getting to Know and Love my OEC

GamGam

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This is the stone for my 50th Wedding Anniversary gift. I'm just beginning the search for a mounting, but know I want bezel + milgraining and a few side stones. Something with an antique flavor to match the stone, but not too ornate. I have a long time to decide since our anniversary date is mid-October. But I decided to purchase the stone now since diamond prices seem to be on the rise. It's difficutl to photograph an unmounted stone, so I put it on an antique pin which was my aunt's. I'm thrilled with the diamond. The specs: 1.97 carat; L color; VS1 clarity.

dscn3374.jpg

dscn3371.jpg

dscn3370.jpg

dscn3362.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GamGam, it's absolutely stunning!! What a beautiful way to commemorate 50 years of marriage. You must be thrilled - I can't wait to see it set!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GamGam, contrats on your 50th. :appl:

I love your diamond; it's just beautiful!!!!

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful, I love how it picks up all the colors around it :love:

Happy 50th, GamGam!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
My goodness, that is gorgeous!

Where did you find the stone?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a beautiful stone, GamGam! I can't wait to see the finished product! Congratulations on 50 years! What a wonderful milestone!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
that stone is stunning! can't wait to see the ring! :bigsmile:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is delicious GamGam! I can't wait to see how you set it. An early Happy 50th Anniversary!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy 50th! That stone is gorgeous...have you looked at any of the JBEG settings? Most of their settings have an
antique feel and they are really pretty!

http://jewelsbyericagrace.com/

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy 50th - that's quite an accomplishment!

Your stone is beautiful - could be set almost any way and would still be gorgeous!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy 50th!! That is just an incredible stone. I can't wait to see how you set it!!

GamGam

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you soooo much for your kind comments. Your taking the time to post a reply and compliment my stone really warms my heart. And thanks, too, for all the links to mountings. I've posted all of them in my "Eye Candy" folder, and will look at them over and over. The stone came from Old World Diamonds, and Adam was so helpful. I was happy that the stone had a GIA report, and Adam assured me that it was a nice stone and very bright. But such a large, on-line purchase rattled the bones in my anxiety closet.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I think we all understand the uncertainty with buying online, but as long as we buy from vendors with a return policy, there is thankfully no risk!

Come back when you narrow down the setting choices!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful stone, congrats!

BHMom

Rough_Rock
That's a seriously beautiful diamond. I'm sure any setting you choose would look phenomenal together.
P.S. Maybe you'd feel more comfortable going with a local jeweler, are you in a large city? I'm sure some PSers can give you recommendations.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: Congratulations on your 50th wedding anniversary!!! :appl:

:love: The stone is gorgeous!! :love:

I'd suggest spending some time at http://singlestone.com/ for inspiration! Here are a few bezels! If I had a choice, haha, I'd take the last one! Though the first one is very pretty!

pretty singlestone.jpg

ss bezel-y.jpg

ss bezel.jpg

this is interesting.jpg

GamGam

Shiny_Rock
Premium
BHMom|1306858629|2934495 said:
That's a seriously beautiful diamond. I'm sure any setting you choose would look phenomenal together.
P.S. Maybe you'd feel more comfortable going with a local jeweler, are you in a large city? I'm sure some PSers can give you recommendations.
BHMom,
You are so right about my comfort level with the setting. I am going with a local jeweler. I asked them to verify that the stone matched the certificate, and he confirmed that it is, indeed, the stone and very brilliant and clean. He said it was "a keeper". Since I'm so unsure about the setting, I need to see and try, and they are willing to work with me.

Loves Vintage, I have been in email contact with Singlestone before receiving the stone, and I have 2 of those settings + another in my "eye candy" folder. But I've notified them that I'll be getting the setting locally. Thanks, though. You and I must like the same style of ring!! 8-)

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
What an absolutely gorgeous stone! Congrats on 50 years!

bethprov

Shiny_Rock
I just wanted to echo the previous posts and say Happy 50th and congratulations on your beautiful stone! Please post when you get it set!!!!

edited for my usual spelling mistakes!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful stone, GamGam! I too recently bought an L colored OEC and just love the color. I'm really looking forward to seeing your stone's new "home". Please keep us updated!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh my :love: :love: :love: Getting to know and love that one shouldn't be too much of a hardship!! It's gorgeous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results