shape
carat
color
clarity

getting lost in stupid stuff

audball

Ideal_Rock
Ok, shoes! Excuse the terrible quality of the cell phone camera...before and after shots. Before showing the leather flower they came with and the black logo on the side. After showing the satin flowers with pearl/sparkle center and the black logo carefully painted over. The imprint is still there, but the color is a perfect match and you can't see it unless you're looking right at it and it doesn't show from any distance/in photos. Woot!

img_20130930_163815_913.jpg

img_20130930_163752_802.jpg

img_20131004_090132_125.jpg

img_20131004_090155_662.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your shoes! Your changes make them go from so-so to wow! The sparkly centered flower is just perfect :love:

Who would put a black logo on a white shoe?! Why not stick it on the bottom or inside or even under the flower petals?

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1381075192|3533135 said:
I love your shoes! Your changes make them go from so-so to wow! The sparkly centered flower is just perfect :love:

Who would put a black logo on a white shoe?! Why not stick it on the bottom or inside or even under the flower petals?
Aww, thanks! I'm really happy with how they came out! The satin flower makes them feel MUCH dressier to me than the leather one with no pizzazz. And your guess is as good as mine! I have NO idea what would possess someone to put a black logo on the side of the shoe. It's not just their white shoe, either, they other colors have it too! DSW has the shoe in yellow and white, but I found another color (can't remember what it was, though) on a different site...
http://www.dsw.com/shoe/b.o.c+yarina+flat?prodId=dsw12prod4830054&activeCats=cat10006,cat20068

I got them for under $30 with tax, I think they were $26.95 in store? I as pleased! I figured for the price I'd give my changes a go and worst case, I wouldn't be any further from a shoe than I was. It definitely took some time to make them perfect, but the 1 hour + at the craft store to find the perfect paint color and replacement flowers + the time it took to paint the logo in, totally worth it in the end, I think!

Thanks for your sweet comments!

ETA: I also love the pattern on the inside! There are some subtle shades of peach, too! And it's a really soft material that feels SUPER nice even without any socks or tights!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LoveLikeCrazy --

Your dress sounds beautiful! I hope you'll post pics of the whole transformation! I'm glad the seamstress was there and able to talk with you :appl:

Yay for makeup! I like your idea of taking the foundation and concealer. One less thing to worry about!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Photography, witness, and hair cut done. Hoping to confirm with grandparents & brother today so I can have all room changes done by tomorrow evening. Ketubah frame and tux on Tuesday. New dress for me to wear to ceremony? If so, get that tomorrow. (also check out another store for a dress for "A")

10 days to go!

Done:
STD's mailed
his w-band bought
venue selected/booked
wine tasting arranged
cake
invitations
figure out who is sharing room with "A"
who to drive "A" over on the day of
Place in our house for TWO guests to stay (not a couple so need two locations)
My necklace (sapphire & diamond)
my w-band
new kippah for FI
kippah for "A"
DRESS
order kosher wine for blessings
plane ticket for out of town guest
gift registry
Staying Friday night too!
KETUBAH!!!
photographer
engagement photos -- taken!
someone to watch animals for at least 2 nights
find a glass to break
toasting glasses
special Kiddush cup
schedule mikvah visit for me
chuppah
new tallit for FI
translate Hebrew sections to English to print for guests (leaving this to FI)
rental car of OOT guests
underwear to go with dress
outfits to wear for e-pics! :-o
veil (hanging with my dress now!)
shoes
flowers
dinner menu
kippot (plural of kippah) for guests
brunch menu (so close!)
pre-wedding counseling with Rabbi
NEW date and time for ceremony set
dress fittings
marriage license
call all guests to notify of change/cancel
confirm changes with winery regarding guest count and timing
change menu
figure out what to wear for dinner
GET A NEW KETUBAH!
Called both CA guests and postponed visits.
Called witness and confirmed.
Called lady we aren't using for the cake and was glad we didn't choose her -- she is apparently out of business.
FI haircut
Confirm changes with photographer.
cancel car rental

In process:
nails (1st place no good... trying 2nd place soon!)
dress for "A" (waiting for September since she's growing fast!)
wine pairings (just about done!)

To do:
hair
his tux
frame to hang ketubah
confirm cake with 2nd lady & figure out new decorations
change hotel reservations (now going over Thurs instead of Wed)
cancel extra hotel rooms
figure out what to wear for ceremony
figure out new timing of nails & hair in relation to new ceremony time
Confirm with my brother.
Talk to aunt to see if she thinks grandparents will still attend.
call Expedia to figure out how to cancel airplane tickets and get refund (we did the insurance so hopefully they'll refund!)
Thank you cards

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wine pairings:

rose to sip with appetizers
un-oaked chardonnay with soup
cave man red (red blend) with salad
2008 cabernet with main course
champagne with cake (or dessert -- see confusion below)

Canceled airplane tickets. No refund but they are sending a "travel credit" -- in the name of the wedding guest, non-transferrable. We don't travel commercial so that is fine. We'll have her up to visit when things calm down a bit.

Cake -- I am SO torn! FI and I had been talking and I suggested that t 3-tiered cake for 60+ might look a bit silly at a dinner with only 5-7 people. He suggested I ask them to leave bottom tier off and we can still have pictures. I really don't want a picture of a 2-tiered cake the day after people have eaten part of it. I'd almost rather cancel the cake entirely and have chef do dessert.
But.... when else in life do I get to have a wedding cake?
I suppose the thing to do is cancel entirely if they'll give us a refund. Otherwise keep all 3-tiers and get great pictures.
With dinner at 7pm on 10/17 and the photographer coming to do pictures on 10/18, should I leave the cake delivery for 10/17 and just be careful to cut from only the back side? Or should I have chef do desserts for dinner and then we can have cake after the wine tasting 10/18 so the photographer can be there?
GAH!!!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1381158767|3533556 said:
wine pairings:

First -- I'm not a wine drinker but this still sounds tasty! Yay for getting that checked of your to-do list!

Canceled airplane tickets. No refund but they are sending a "travel credit" -- in the name of the wedding guest, non-transferrable. We don't travel commercial so that is fine. We'll have her up to visit when things calm down a bit.
Total bummer -- but I guess you're no worse for the wear here. A visit later in the year will be nice!

Cake -- I am SO torn! FI and I had been talking and I suggested that t 3-tiered cake for 60+ might look a bit silly at a dinner with only 5-7 people. He suggested I ask them to leave bottom tier off and we can still have pictures. I really don't want a picture of a 2-tiered cake the day after people have eaten part of it. I'd almost rather cancel the cake entirely and have chef do dessert.
I suppose the thing to do is cancel entirely if they'll give us a refund. Otherwise keep all 3-tiers and get great pictures.
With dinner at 7pm on 10/17 and the photographer coming to do pictures on 10/18, should I leave the cake delivery for 10/17 and just be careful to cut from only the back side? Or should I have chef do desserts for dinner and then we can have cake after the wine tasting 10/18 so the photographer can be there?
GAH!!!!
Okay -- so this is my take. I think a giant cake will be a cost you don't need to take on and will probably look out of place with so few guests. I think scrapping the cake for 10/17 is the way to go. Get the chef to do a wonderful dessert and have that complete the meal.

That being said, I totally get wanting a cake! We certainly did! But why not a small cake just for the two of you on 10/18? I think a cut cake for pictures will lose it's affect anyway, even if you're careful with taking just from the back. We're having a teeny cake for just the two of us, a 2 layer 8" round cake. Could you do dessert on 10/17 and a petite "just for two" wedding cake to cut and have for pictures on 10/18? Best of both worlds?

Pinterest has some really great inspiration ideas for tiny cakes!
http://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=petite wedding cake

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1381160148|3533572 said:
wine pairings:

First -- I'm not a wine drinker but this still sounds tasty! Yay for getting that checked of your to-do list!

Total bummer -- but I guess you're no worse for the wear here. A visit later in the year will be nice!

GAH!!!!
Okay -- so this is my take. I think a giant cake will be a cost you don't need to take on and will probably look out of place with so few guests. I think scrapping the cake for 10/17 is the way to go. Get the chef to do a wonderful dessert and have that complete the meal.

That being said, I totally get wanting a cake! We certainly did! But why not a small cake just for the two of you on 10/18? I think a cut cake for pictures will lose it's affect anyway, even if you're careful with taking just from the back. We're having a teeny cake for just the two of us, a 2 layer 8" round cake. Could you do dessert on 10/17 and a petite "just for two" wedding cake to cut and have for pictures on 10/18? Best of both worlds?

Pinterest has some really great inspiration ideas for tiny cakes!
http://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=petite wedding cake

It will be nice to see her when things are less crazy! We'll have her and the other CA person up later when we can actually enjoy having them here.

I love the cute little cakes you posted!
Your points are exactly what I've been going back over and over the last couple of days. 3-tier would look goofy. Pre-cut in pictures would be strange.
The only hesitation right now is that we have a contract and have already paid in full. It is basically up to the baker if she'll refund us or not. If she refuses to refund us, I'd probably skip the cake with dinner (chef can do something for dessert -- maybe his mini white chocolate goat cheese cheesecakes?) and then have the fully intact cake for pictures 10/18.... and then FI and I can enjoy our cake in our room with a couple of bottles of wine. :lickout:
(not in one sitting!)

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1381160790|3533576 said:
It will be nice to see her when things are less crazy! We'll have her and the other CA person up later when we can actually enjoy having them here.

I love the cute little cakes you posted!
Your points are exactly what I've been going back over and over the last couple of days. 3-tier would look goofy. Pre-cut in pictures would be strange.
The only hesitation right now is that we have a contract and have already paid in full. It is basically up to the baker if she'll refund us or not. If she refuses to refund us, I'd probably skip the cake with dinner (chef can do something for dessert -- maybe his mini white chocolate goat cheese cheesecakes?) and then have the fully intact cake for pictures 10/18.... and then FI and I can enjoy our cake in our room with a couple of bottles of wine. :lickout:
(not in one sitting!)
All you can do is ask, right? Maybe she'll let you cancel altogether or alter the contract down to a smaller cake (with a partial refund) if she hasn't begun working on any of the components yet. I like the idea of dessert with dinner and cake for pictures the next day with leftovers in the room...we're so doing that too.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Grandparents will be there. Grandma doesn't feel up to going but Grandpa said he wants to go so they WILL be there...

Yikes.

So glad it was my aunt who talked to them and not me!

I'm going to make sure she is comfortable. They already hae ADA room nearest dinner. Winery has a Mercedes to drive them to/from as needed. Lunch waiting in room for them. Dinner delivered to room if needed.

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1381172213|3533680 said:
Grandparents will be there. Grandma doesn't feel up to going but Grandpa said he wants to go so they WILL be there...

Yikes.

So glad it was my aunt who talked to them and not me!

I'm going to make sure she is comfortable. They already have ADA room nearest dinner. Winery has a Mercedes to drive them to/from as needed. Lunch waiting in room for them. Dinner delivered to room if needed.
I'm glad they're going to make it! You're so sweet to make sure all those things are lined up to make their stay more comfortable!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tux ordered!

His ring in to be sized. Pick up tomorrow.

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1381198354|3533983 said:
Tux ordered!

His ring in to be sized. Pick up tomorrow.
YAY!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Full list too long! Got some more done tonight!

Done recently:
wine pairings
his tux
cancel extra hotel rooms
Confirm with my brother.
cancel airplane tickets (got travel credit)

In process:
confirm cake with 2nd lady & figure out new decorations (hoping to cancel -- no website functional, left message on phone...)

To do:
hair
frame to hang ketubah
Thank you cards

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay.... working on timing of everything. Precise hours not needed, just trying to sort myself out as to what HAS to be done each day. Also getting together lists of what to have and where.

Do you see anything I'm missing? Suggestions on timing?

What make up would you suggest? Ideally, they'd do a free sample/trial Thursday morning and it would be simple enough I could do it again myself Friday for pictures. (Umm... I NEVER wear makeup. In part due to rosacea (under control now!) and in part because no one ever showed me how... I'll be watching YouTube and asking for help at the makeup purchase place.)

Monday:
mikvah (scheduled for evening -- may call to reschedule for Tuesday so it isn't just before my exam?)

Tuesday 10/15:
mid term exam
FI SOMA
pick up tux

Wednesday 10/16:
pick up dress
nails
ring polishing (jeweler ready to polish up all rings and my necklace)
pack stuff for winery (working off of careful packing list so no forgotten toothbrushes or medications...)

Thursday 10/17:
hair
makeup (I think I'm going to do a MAC mall trial thing then purchase so I can duplicate for Fri?)
1pm signing (FI thinks he wants to wear tux & gown for this... I'm torn for the reasons we talked about here earlier. We do have to drive by the house, so we could change before drive over. Or they may have a room we could use near Rabbi's office?)
dinner (leaning towards my black dress for this -- comfortable and looks nice! Plus keeps me from spilling dinner on my dress before pics!)

Friday 10/18:
breakfast
hair
makeup
wine tasting
pics in tux & gown

To bring to signing:
glass to break
glass for blessing
kosher wine
rings
ketubah

To bring to winery:
tux & shoes
dress & veil & shoes
comfy shoes & clothes
ketubah (to show guests)
flowers
makeup stuff
hair stuff
cup for blessing (to use in pics)

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1381203243|3534025 said:
Full list too long! Got some more done tonight!

Done recently:
wine pairings
his tux
cancel extra hotel rooms
Confirm with my brother.
cancel airplane tickets (got travel credit)

In process:
confirm cake with 2nd lady & figure out new decorations (hoping to cancel -- no website functional, left message on phone...)

To do:
hair
frame to hang ketubah
Thank you cards
Single digits for you!!! And your to-do list is super tiny!!! :))

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1381208243|3534046 said:
What make up would you suggest? Ideally, they'd do a free sample/trial Thursday morning and it would be simple enough I could do it again myself Friday for pictures. (Umm... I NEVER wear makeup. In part due to rosacea (under control now!) and in part because no one ever showed me how... I'll be watching YouTube and asking for help at the makeup purchase place.)
I'm not much of a makeup wearer either, so I hired a makeup artist so I wouldn't have to fret about getting it right myself. I know lots of girls do the MAC makeup trials for the day-of, just make sure you are incredibly clear that you want simple, natural, not overly done-up makeup since you don't wear it regularly and it won't feel comfortable to you (assuming that's the case, anyway). If they keep it neutral, natural, and simple, you should be able to replicate the look yourself.

Monday:
mikvah (scheduled for evening -- may call to reschedule for Tuesday so it isn't just before my exam?)

Tuesday 10/15:
mid term exam
FI SOMA
pick up tux

Wednesday 10/16:
pick up dress
nails
pack stuff for winery (working off of careful packing list so no forgotten toothbrushes or medications...)

Thursday 10/17:
hair
makeup (I think I'm going to do a MAC mall trial thing then purchase so I can duplicate for Fri?)
1pm signing (FI thinks he wants to wear tux & gown for this... I'm torn for the reasons we talked about here earlier. We do have to drive by the house, so we could change before drive over. Or they may have a room we could use near Rabbi's office?)
dinner (leaning towards my black dress for this -- comfortable and looks nice! Plus keeps me from spilling dinner on my dress before pics!)

Friday 10/18:
breakfast
hair
makeup
wine tasting
pics in tux & gown

To bring to signing:
glass to break
glass for blessing
kosher wine
rings
ketubah

To bring to winery:
tux & shoes
dress & veil & shoes
comfy shoes & clothes
ketubah (to show guests)
flowers
makeup stuff
hair stuff

I think the timeline looks pretty good! For 10.17 -- I can understand why your FI would want to wear the tux/dress to the signing since *that* is really your wedding moment, but I also understand the practicality of waiting until you get to the winery to keep your attire as fresh as possible. It's totally personal preference, though I think I'm leaning towards your side of waiting to get dressed until you're at the winery.

audball

Ideal_Rock
We got two wedding gifts in the mail this week! It was pretty surreal. We have my (teeny tiny) shower this weekend, too! I need to get to buying some thank you cards! I started a log on our google drive where we have all our shared wedding spreadsheets (mostly regarding expenses). I am collecting information on date received, giver, address, gift description, and thank you note status. Hopefully that'll help when it's time to sit down and get to writing! I don't suspect we'll have many to do (less than 20 I'd guess), so I think I'm going to wait and do them all in one sitting.

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Okay.... working on timing of everything. Precise hours not needed, just trying to sort myself out as to what HAS to be done each day. Also getting together lists of what to have and where.

Do you see anything I'm missing? Suggestions on timing?

Monday:

Tuesday 10/15:
mid term exam
FI SOMA
pick up tux

Wednesday 10/16:
pick up dress
nails

Thursday 10/17:
hair

Friday 10/18:
breakfast
hair
makeup
wine tasting
pics in tux & gown

To bring to signing:
glass to break
glass for blessing
kosher wine
rings
ketubah

To bring to winery:
tux & shoes
dress & veil & shoes
comfy shoes & clothes
ketubah (to show guests)
flowers
makeup stuff
hair stuff

TP!!!!! i have rosecea too! OK i have been wearing Bare MInerals for 6-7 years. My derm recommended it and i have never turned back. It goes on so natural or you can play it up. I have a slight addiction to that now...WITH THAT SAID - Sandals uses MAC Cosemetics. I was super scared/weary that the makeup would cause a rosecea breakout (i have atypical type...my face gets red, super "bumpy" and itchy as hell with the breakout...def don't want that on my wedding!). So i went to the MAC counter and had my makeup done just recently to see how my face would react prior to booking the makeup. She used the liquid "Mineralize" line on my face (concealer and foundation). I asked her to do my whole face to have fun and play it up. Well, she did an INCREDIBLE job!!! I would totally post a pic here if i wasn't against posting my pic on a public forum.

So i would say that Bare Minerals was always recommended by my derm. Do you have a lot of triggers? If you have a Bare Escentuals store near you i would be inclined to have you try them for a trial and use their makeup since it is supposed to be one of the best for sensitive skin. It's also more natural looking. If you want to try MAC, i would use their mineralize line. It comes in both liquid or powder. Since i'm stuck with using MAC, i am buying the mineralize liquid foundation and concealer with me because i do not know if the resort will carry that special line. If you have any more questions, concerns let me know! I have a bunch of triggers...i am mostly controlled by metrogel and i only use the aveeno ultra calming face cream and i use cetaphil to wash. Up until this point Bare Minerals is the only makeup that didn't mess up my face. I am happy to know i can wear other brands, but i think i'll stick with bare minerals for everyday because it is so light and natural.

AUD! The shoes came out so good! I wouldn't even notice the little paint over if you hadn't mentioned it! Great job!

My updates: went to TA to make a payment on our trip. She ended up booking our candlelight dinner for the night of the wedding. We also booked 2 excursions! I am looking into secretly booking SO a massage the day of the wedding. Do you think this is a good idea? We aren't doing wedding gifts, we are just writing each other notes - but i figured it might be nice for him to get a little pampering while i am getting ready!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
LLC, when is your date? You have so much done! Lucky!

The candlelight dinner sounds amazing. Has your FI ever gotten a massage before? When I had my first massage, I didn't drink enough water and I ended up with a fever... Not trying to scare you. I think you just have to drink a massive amount of water afterwards to replenish your muscles. Just wouldnt want that to happen on the day of.

I think I might book my FI an appointment to do a facial and a shave before the wedding... now that I am thinking about it, he might much rather have a fishing excursion instead. lol. ;))

I also wear BareMinerals and love it! My favorite thing about it is you can build up the coverage depending on your skin. Some days I need to just even things out a little so I just quick throw it on and other days I use the concealer brush and I can really conceal blemishes. Plus it really looks natural.

I am thinking about going and sitting down with a travel agent and seeing what sort of prices they could get us for the two places we are considering and then go from there.

We talked to FI's parents last weekend and they werent thrilled with the idea but supportive for the most part. I think we just need to get the ball rolling and start making some decisions.

Engagement pics this Sunday! As of right now, they weather looks great! Fingers crossed!

Wow, this is all over the place. hahaha!

TP, so soon!!! I am so excited for you! :appl:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Aud, your shoes are adorable! Love the new flower! It really dresses them up. :appl:

audball

Ideal_Rock
antiquesparkler|1381342324|3534831 said:
Aud, your shoes are adorable! Love the new flower! It really dresses them up. :appl:
Thanks!!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great updates all around!

I'll be back tomorrow for more personal replies (since it is 11:30 and I have to be up in less than 5 hours...) but wanted to say thanks for all the makeup suggestions.

MASSIVE progress here...
but you'll have to wait until tomorrow for the big news :bigsmile:

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1381386800|3535174 said:
Great updates all around!

I'll be back tomorrow for more personal replies (since it is 11:30 and I have to be up in less than 5 hours...) but wanted to say thanks for all the makeup suggestions.

MASSIVE progress here...
but you'll have to wait until tomorrow for the big news :bigsmile:
EEeeek! You better come back soon! I know it's only 630am there, but I'm already being impatient! It's a good thing I was already in bed before you posted this!

Big news!? I need to hear it!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Come back, TP! Cant wait to hear the BIG news!!!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm MARRIED!

Still doing ketubah with Rabbi 10/17. Still doing dinner/breakfast/wine at the winery. All plans (as modified already) still happening.

But we did the civil paperwork at 7:30 this morning. The judge was super nice with a great sense of humor. Our witnesses showed up with 12 hours (or less) warning. Had three even though we only needed two. One even brought a camera and took pictures!

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1381421469|3535323 said:
I'm MARRIED!

Still doing ketubah with Rabbi 10/17. Still doing dinner/breakfast/wine at the winery. All plans (as modified already) still happening.

But we did the civil paperwork at 7:30 this morning. The judge was super nice with a great sense of humor. Our witnesses showed up with 12 hours (or less) warning. Had three even though we only needed two. One even brought a camera and took pictures!
WHAT!?! We need more details than this!! You can't just fly by and post that!! Come ON!! What changed?! Details, details, details!!

AND CONGRATS!! :)) :appl:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1381421666|3535326 said:
TooPatient|1381421469|3535323 said:
I'm MARRIED!

WHAT!?! We need more details than this!! You can't just fly by and post that!! Come ON!! What changed?! Details, details, details!!

AND CONGRATS!! :)) :appl:

We need to file some paperwork with DH's (yay!) work ASAP and in order to get things sorted out, it needs me listed as a spouse. Since we already had the marriage license, I talked with the Rabbi. He was too busy so I called the courthouse and got connected to a judge who agreed to meet us before the court session today.

Signed with two amazing witnesses and a third taking pictures. The judge skipped the "ceremony" part and only did the legal stuff -- "So... You wanna be married?" me: "Yep." B: "Ya."
A bit later he said "Oops! I messed that up... You both want to be married. But do you want to be married to each other?" :lol:

We went out to coffee after with the witnesses.

By an hour later, we were able to go back to the court (5 minutes after they officially opened) and pick up certified copies of the registered marriage license.

Awesome day!
The judge made lots of great jokes. Our witnesses are a super fun bunch. Relaxed. Nothing fancy or anything. Just us and a few special people!

ETA: If we weren't already doing this with Rabbi next week, we wouldn't have signed papers just to make administrative stuff easier! It just seemed reasonable given we were already going to sign to move this part up a week so that an ugly paper mess can be sorted out rather than getting more confused.

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1381422225|3535336 said:
We need to file some paperwork with DH's (yay!) work ASAP and in order to get things sorted out, it needs me listed as a spouse. Since we already had the marriage license, I talked with the Rabbi. He was too busy so I called the courthouse and got connected to a judge who agreed to meet us before the court session today.

Signed with two amazing witnesses and a third taking pictures. The judge skipped the "ceremony" part and only did the legal stuff -- "So... You wanna be married?" me: "Yep." B: "Ya."
A bit later he said "Oops! I messed that up... You both want to be married. But do you want to be married to each other?" :lol:

By an hour later, we were able to go back to the court (5 minutes after they officially opened) and pick up certified copies of the registered marriage license.

Awesome day!
The judge made lots of great jokes. Our witnesses are a super fun bunch. Relaxed. Nothing fancy or anything. Just us and a few special people!

ETA: If we weren't already doing this with Rabbi next week, we wouldn't have signed papers just to make administrative stuff easier! It just seemed reasonable given we were already going to sign to move this part up a week so that an ugly paper mess can be sorted out rather than getting more confused.
Is the work stuff related to the insurance problems you've been having? How's he feeling by the way? I hope that the legal status helps get things moving!!

So happy for you! :)) Still looking forward to all the other stuff you have planned! Can't wait for pictures :))

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1381424211|3535363 said:
TooPatient|1381422225|3535336 said:

Awesome day!

Is the work stuff related to the insurance problems you've been having? How's he feeling by the way? I hope that the legal status helps get things moving!!

So happy for you! :)) Still looking forward to all the other stuff you have planned! Can't wait for pictures :))

Related to the insurance stuff!
What a mess that has been...

He is feeling so much better! Still got a ways to go, but he's able to sleep most nights and is sitting & standing straighter than ever before. Less pain and more ability to do some stuff. Still not able to use hands well enough to type or use a mouse (or hold a phone or use a tablet computer or...) so that is a problem.
His x-rays at the start were very crooked with his neck WAY out of alignment and rubbing in all sorts of bad ways. The MRI he had day before yesterday looks much better. (Or at least much better to my non-medical eyes! I don't know what the bones under looked like, but just from the overall shape it looked substantially better than what he started with.) There was some question going in whether they would be able to correct without surgery. I'm hoping the dr today and the other dr Friday will both confirm that the progress supports continuing these treatments and not needing to go through a neck/spine surgery.

Still fighting with the insurance. Still trying to get HR to sort this mess out. Still arguing over "financial emergency" with the investment company.
We're out of pocket entirely on his SOMA ($70-140 per week) and partially with the chiropractor ($30/visit = $90-120/week), nurse practitioner ($12/visit = $36-48/week), and general practitioner ($$$ per visit still waiting for bill but should be about $80/visit so another $80-160/month). So it is "funny" when the insurance claims he isn't doing enough to get better...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results