carat
color
clarity

getting lost in stupid stuff

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1380605680|3529975 said:
Beautiful! I love the last two!
Thanks! I love those the best from that bunch!

TooPatient|1380605680|3529975 said:
Some good news today -- my grandparents will come to the dinner/reception! I didn't think they would come. That brings us to 9 for dinner (including us), 9 for brunch, and 7 for wine tasting.
The winery cut our contract a couple of months ago from 27 minimum to 14 minimum so all food/drink minimums are based on 14. They are putting together gift baskets for each room including a bottle of wine, winery logo glasses, corkscrew, chocolate truffles, and more. Also doing fruit/cheese/cracker trays in each room so people can have snack/lunch and not starve before 7pm dinner. Dinner swapped to beef. Have appetizers, soup, salad, main and cake/champagne. Brunch is off restaurant menu now.
All of our meals while we stay a couple of days count towards the minimum. With only 7, the wine tasting won't be included in minimums.

Still short $1000+ on the minimum. Looking for more stuff to add. Not critical. Any minimum we don't meet will just be loaded into our car in the form of cases of wine.
That's great news! It's wonderful that they've been so accommodating.

audball

Ideal_Rock
antiquesparkler|1380641380|3530120 said:
Gorgeous photos Aud! I love the last one! You ARE skinny, girl! :bigsmile:
:appl: Hah! You're my favorite person right now.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All of this planning seems so very unimportant right now.

I just got a phone call letting me know that my uncle's body was found just a few hours ago. (more detail posted in Hangout "I just want to say...")

I've got these last details to work out, but I feel like I should be DOING something to help my grandparents. I know there isn't anything I can do. They already have lots of people with them and people wear Grandma out.

Sorry to always be posting bad news here. I don't know what is going on lately but life just seems to not be cooperating right now. (and to make matters... worse? More interesting? -- we had record breaking rain through September, more snow than has fallen at this time of year in 50+ years (woo hoo -- the winery is over those mountains :rolleyes: ), and there was a TORNADO -- What gives?)

audball

Ideal_Rock
Oh TP! Hugs. Sending prayers and positive thoughts to you and your family during this difficult time.

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
I am so sorry to hear about your uncle! that is just awful. sending hugs your way!!! :blackeye:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the hugs and kind words. We weren't super close so I'm doing okay. My grandparents, mom, and aunt are having a very tough time. They lost their oldest son/brother (at 52 yrs) just over a year ago and now they've lost another. Both to alcohol.

Got marriage license today!

Making some progress with insurance stuff.

Last dress fitting done! It fits just right :appl:

New ketubah confirmed this morning. It will be sent. Not sure if we'll have to pay for it (if UPS deems it "not damaged enough") or not. They will let me know after the claim processes in the next couple of months.

Tallit finally shipped.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Updated lists.
Getting more done. Hope to get the cakes, photography, and all room changes done by tomorrow evening. Also need to call our (hopefully) witness.
Haircut for FI, ketubah frame, and tux on Sunday. New dress for me to wear to ceremony? If so, get that Sunday. (also check out another store for a dress for "A")

Done:
STD's mailed
his w-band bought
venue selected/booked
wine tasting arranged
cake
invitations
figure out who is sharing room with "A"
who to drive "A" over on the day of
Place in our house for TWO guests to stay (not a couple so need two locations)
My necklace (sapphire & diamond)
my w-band
new kippah for FI
kippah for "A"
DRESS
order kosher wine for blessings
plane ticket for out of town guest
gift registry
Staying Friday night too!
KETUBAH!!!
photographer
engagement photos -- taken!
someone to watch animals for at least 2 nights
find a glass to break
toasting glasses
special Kiddush cup
schedule mikvah visit for me
chuppah
new tallit for FI
translate Hebrew sections to English to print for guests (leaving this to FI)
rental car of OOT guests
underwear to go with dress
outfits to wear for e-pics! :-o
veil (hanging with my dress now!)
shoes
flowers
dinner menu
kippot (plural of kippah) for guests
brunch menu (so close!)
pre-wedding counseling with Rabbi
NEW date and time for ceremony set
dress fittings
marriage license
call all guests to notify of change/cancel
confirm changes with winery regarding guest count and timing
change menu
figure out what to wear for dinner
GET A NEW KETUBAH!

In process:
nails (1st place no good... trying 2nd place soon!)
Place for OOT guest to sleep in our house (both rooms figured out, one ready to use, one almost ready)
dress for "A" (waiting for September since she's growing fast!)
wine pairings (just about done!)

To do:
hair
his tux
frame to hang ketubah
FI haircut
verify cake canceled from 1st lady
confirm cake with 2nd lady & figure out new decorations
ask witness to attend new ceremony time
change hotel reservations (now going over Thurs instead of Wed)
cancel extra hotel rooms
figure out what to wear for ceremony
discuss photos with photographer (don't want pictures of 7 of us sitting around eating dinner with no ceremony!)
photographer at ceremony & winery?
figure out new timing of nails & hair in relation to new ceremony time

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1380770659|3531279 said:
Thanks for the hugs and kind words. We weren't super close so I'm doing okay. My grandparents, mom, and aunt are having a very tough time. They lost their oldest son/brother (at 52 yrs) just over a year ago and now they've lost another. Both to alcohol.

Got marriage license today!

Making some progress with insurance stuff.

Last dress fitting done! It fits just right :appl:

New ketubah confirmed this morning. It will be sent. Not sure if we'll have to pay for it (if UPS deems it "not damaged enough") or not. They will let me know after the claim processes in the next couple of months.

Tallit finally shipped.
Great progress!

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1380771120|3531282 said:
Updated lists.
Getting more done. Hope to get the cakes, photography, and all room changes done by tomorrow evening. Also need to call our (hopefully) witness.
Haircut for FI, ketubah frame, and tux on Sunday. New dress for me to wear to ceremony? If so, get that Sunday. (also check out another store for a dress for "A")

In process:
Place for OOT guest to sleep in our house (both rooms figured out, one ready to use, one almost ready)

To do:
hair
his tux
frame to hang ketubah
FI haircut
cancel extra hotel rooms
discuss photos with photographer (don't want pictures of 7 of us sitting around eating dinner with no ceremony!)
Your done list is so long! And everything else is shrinking!

So the ceremony is now going to be the same day as the reception, just earlier in the day, right? You don't want to wear your wedding dress to the ceremony?

audball

Ideal_Rock
Updates from audball land...shoes look like they're going to work out! I don't have pictures yet because my personal modifications to them are still curing. As I mentioned before, I found a super comfortable pair of white flats last weekend at DSW with an adorable print on the inside along with cushioning and arch support.

There were two problems with them. They had an ugly flower attached to the toe made from the same leather material as the shoe and the company logo "b.o.c." imprinted on the outside of the beautiful white shoe...in black. :rolleyes:

But for the clearance price of $26, I thought I'd give modifying them a go. As planned, we cut the existing flowers off the toe (they were attached to a small leather circle, it was pretty easy). We then took one flower with us and headed to the craft store. At the craft store, we spent 45 minutes in the paint aisle and found a satin finish acrylic paint by Martha Steward for $1.39 that dried the exact color of the shoe material. Score. We then found a section of fabric flowers in the scrap booking section and they had a pair of white satin flowers with a haloed pearl center in the same size as the ones we took off for $3.99. Even better, they were finished with a flat felt circle on the back. We bought some special glue and for a total of $12 in craft supplies, I was able to replace the ugly flowers with more dressy and more pretty flowers on the toe and I was able to carefully paint in the black logo so that you can't even see it anymore unless you're looking right at it. The imprint is still there, but it blends in seamlessly with the shoe. I'm really happy with how it worked out! It's been curing for 36 hours and it said to give it 24-72 so I peeked last night and all was looking good, but I'm just going to let them sit in their box happily curing for another couple days! Pics soon!

Since these were looking like they were going to work out really well, I called the myglassslipper company about the shoes I bought and don't want to wear that are past the 30 day return period. She said as long as they still sell the shoe on their website (they do), that they will take returns past 30 days. I asked about the restocking fee and she said it varies, that sometimes it's nothing, but the max they can charge is 10% of the shoe price (~$13). Score. I'll take it. That still has me getting more than $100 back for shoes that I'll never wear and I don't have to deal with the pain in the rear of trying to sell them privately. Waiting on them to email me a new return shipping label and they'll be off in the mail for a refund.

I feel like we may actually be able to RELAX this weekend! No real big wedding errands to do! Eek! Yay!

DONE:
His wedding band
Her wedding band
Her dress
His suit/shirt/tie
Booked hair/makeup for day of
Booked elopement package
Booked additional nights stay
Selected officiant
Selected cake style/flavors
Purchased cake topper supplies
Booked dinner reservations for wedding dinner
Booked photographer
Ordered flower selections
Wrote personal vows
Finalized ceremony script and got it approved by the officiant
Scheduled engagement pictures
Purchased new point and shoot camera for trip
Purchased garment bags to transport wedding outfits
Purchased outfits for engagement pictures
Purchased clutch
Purchased stationary (small cards/envelopes) to write vows on for ceremony and to have as a keepsake
Purchased fun socks for Groom
Purchased bridal hair accessory
Purchased undergarments for dress
Made spa appointments for pre-wedding beautification!
Assembled vows/stationary
Assembled/finished cake topper
Restrung pearls finished picked up
Purchased bridal shoes

IN PROGRESS:
Borrow/purchase earrings
Get dress altered

TO DO:
MARRIAGE LICENSE (will make apt in early Oct for day before wedding)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1380806788|3531427 said:
TooPatient|1380771120|3531282 said:
Updated lists.

In process:

To do:
hair
his tux
frame to hang ketubah
FI haircut
cancel extra hotel rooms
Your done list is so long! And everything else is shrinking!

So the ceremony is now going to be the same day as the reception, just earlier in the day, right? You don't want to wear your wedding dress to the ceremony?

Ceremony 1pm in Seattle area. May be us, Rabbi, Cantor and 5 random people or it may just be us signing the papers in Rabbi's office with cantor and whatever Jewish male is around (including random staff we've never actually met).
We have to jump in the car and go straight from there to the winery (2 1/2 hour drive from Rabbi's office -- assuming no traffic).

I was wavering, but I'm sort of afraid I'd show up in my beautiful white dress only to sign the papers with Rabbi and then have to worry about it getting wrinkled/dirty in the car.
Wearing jeans or something would be sort of embarrassing if Rabbi actually managed to find 10 people to have around.

Anyway...
I'm torn but leaning toward thinking I'd be most comfortable in some different dress. Possibly my all purpose black dress, but I have a hard time picturing getting married in a black dress...

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1380807784|3531437 said:
Ceremony 1pm in Seattle area. May be us, Rabbi, Cantor and 5 random people or it may just be us signing the papers in Rabbi's office with cantor and whatever Jewish male is around (including random staff we've never actually met).
We have to jump in the car and go straight from there to the winery (2 1/2 hour drive from Rabbi's office -- assuming no traffic).

I was wavering, but I'm sort of afraid I'd show up in my beautiful white dress only to sign the papers with Rabbi and then have to worry about it getting wrinkled/dirty in the car.
Wearing jeans or something would be sort of embarrassing if Rabbi actually managed to find 10 people to have around.

Anyway...
I'm torn but leaning toward thinking I'd be most comfortable in some different dress. Possibly my all purpose black dress, but I have a hard time picturing getting married in a black dress...
Ahh, ok, that makes sense. I forgot it was several hours before the reception and in a different city altogether. I think another dress would be nice. I see what you mean about black dresses, but the most important thing is that you are comfortable and feel pretty! If your all purpose black dress does that, wear it! If not, maybe look around to see what you can find when you take A shopping for her dress. Summer dresses are on clearance everywhere so finding a simple white dress may not be very hard!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay Audball!!!

I can't wait to see pics of your shoes! Glad you like how they are turning out!
WooHoo for the return of the others! No need to have uncomfortable shoes sitting around your closet.

Your list is almost gone! You've still got a few weeks and you are pretty much done :appl:

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1380808000|3531440 said:
Yay Audball!!!

I can't wait to see pics of your shoes! Glad you like how they are turning out!
WooHoo for the return of the others! No need to have uncomfortable shoes sitting around your closet.

Your list is almost gone! You've still got a few weeks and you are pretty much done :appl:
Thanks! I've got some cell phone shots I'll try to load of the before pictures I took. I'm waiting for the drying to finish before I take after shots, though!

I'm so happy to see the list disappearing. I didn't make my goal of having everything done by the end of September, but it's so darn close to done that I still consider it a win overall. I think FI will be SOOO happy to have a totally quiet weekend at home, though. He's been such a trooper with wedding errands every weekend all weekend long to get these things done. I'm relieved it's just about all wrapped up!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Sidenote: I chatted with my sister last night and my 4 year old niece wanted to talk to me. She told me that her mommy showed her my pictures on the computer and that I looked pretty. But then she asked me where my glasses were. When I told her I didn't wear them she asked me how I was able to see! Hah. Such an observant little girl. My sister then told me she had to tell her daughter that it was me because she didn't even recognize me. That made me sad! I took the engagement pictures without my glasses so I could get a feel for what pictures of me without my glasses would look like so I could hopefully make a choice about the wedding day. I got all these pictures back and I didn't feel like I didn't look like myself, I was obviously not wearing glasses, but I was feeling pretty good about skipping them for the big day. Now my 4 year old niece has me second guessing myself....gah!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1380808844|3531449 said:
Sidenote: I chatted with my sister last night and my 4 year old niece wanted to talk to me. She told me that her mommy showed her my pictures on the computer and that I looked pretty. But then she asked me where my glasses were. When I told her I didn't wear them she asked me how I was able to see! Hah. Such an observant little girl. My sister then told me she had to tell her daughter that it was me because she didn't even recognize me. That made me sad! I took the engagement pictures without my glasses so I could get a feel for what pictures of me without my glasses would look like so I could hopefully make a choice about the wedding day. I got all these pictures back and I didn't feel like I didn't look like myself, I was obviously not wearing glasses, but I was feeling pretty good about skipping them for the big day. Now my 4 year old niece has me second guessing myself....gah!

A four year old doesn't always recognize people in pictures. I wouldn't worry too much.

If you are concerned, you might have a friend take some pictures of you with your glasses and some without so that you can look at them together and compare.

Whatever you choose, don't second guess yourself later! You look amazing in the pictures without glasses but you also look amazing in the pictures you've posted with glasses. Either way will work out just fine!
If you decide to wear them, you could always ask photography people for any suggestions on how to minimize glare challenges. (I don't know that it is all that much of a challenge though. My grandfather takes pictures of people in glasses all the time and I've rarely seen any issues.)

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1380809545|3531454 said:
A four year old doesn't always recognize people in pictures. I wouldn't worry too much.

If you are concerned, you might have a friend take some pictures of you with your glasses and some without so that you can look at them together and compare.

Whatever you choose, don't second guess yourself later! You look amazing in the pictures without glasses but you also look amazing in the pictures you've posted with glasses. Either way will work out just fine!
If you decide to wear them, you could always ask photography people for any suggestions on how to minimize glare challenges. (I don't know that it is all that much of a challenge though. My grandfather takes pictures of people in glasses all the time and I've rarely seen any issues.)
Lol, she does. She always tells you who is in the picture. I'm pretty sure the practicality of going without is still going to win, I just hate when the doubt creeps in!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Insurance company just called to say they've reviewed the "new" information sent on 9/30 and are still denying the claim.

He seemed shocked when I said that information is great, but will be replaced shortly with a much more thorough report and additional test results. Apparently the "old" report was over 120 pages. Poor guy actually had an emotion (surprise, but at least it is something!) in his voice when he said "The new one is LONGER?!?!" :lol:

Doctor did a whole new medical evaluation yesterday. Muscle function test (electrodes measure signals in your body -- as objective and non-cheatable as you can get!).
Nurse practitioner shocked that he has almost NO reflexes in his arms. Visible or feel-able.
Going in for MRIs in the next couple of days.

They'll be getting a whole stack including x-rays, MRIs, muscle functions (EMG?) and other test stuff.
Plus reports from two different doctors, a certified therapist, a medical assistant, and a nurse practitioner.
Huge stack of treatment records and medical notes from each treatment.
Treatment plan in place.

Should make the 120+ page report look like a condensed summary!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Oh TP. I'm so so so so sorry you're having to deal with this AT ALL, let alone, so close to your wedding. I hope all the extra documentation helps get this resolved very quickly.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My brother!

Gah!

I let him know about the change in dinner time and ceremony plans. I'm trying to confirm for sure who will still be there for dinner. He had sent an RSVP saying he'd be there for everything (ceremony, dinner, breakfast, wine tasting) but now it comes out that he requested the day off in the computer but hasn't actually confirmed with his manager so he's not sure he'll make it or not....
I don't feel strongly about him being there. He'd probably be super uncomfortable. I just want a YES or NO!

I've asked that he please ask if he'll be able to have the day off or not as I need to let the winery know ASAP -- we're paying for everything (including a room) for him so it is the difference of $500. I don't mind if he'll actually be there but don't want to pay it for nothing!

Oh....
The medical people who were called to my uncle's trailer were told of my grandparent's health (and loss of another son) and asked to be "gentle" when breaking the news. They called my grandparents on the phone! Grandma was home by herself when she was told by some random EMT that her son was dead :nono:

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1380856082|3531884 said:
My brother! Gah! I let him know about the change in dinner time and ceremony plans. I'm trying to confirm for sure who will still be there for dinner. He had sent an RSVP saying he'd be there for everything (ceremony, dinner, breakfast, wine tasting) but now it comes out that he requested the day off in the computer but hasn't actually confirmed with his manager so he's not sure he'll make it or not....
I don't feel strongly about him being there. He'd probably be super uncomfortable. I just want a YES or NO!

I've asked that he please ask if he'll be able to have the day off or not as I need to let the winery know ASAP -- we're paying for everything (including a room) for him so it is the difference of $500. I don't mind if he'll actually be there but don't want to pay it for nothing!
That's very inconsiderate of him! I hope he gets you an answer soon!

TooPatient|1380856082|3531884 said:
Oh....The medical people who were called to my uncle's trailer were told of my grandparent's health (and loss of another son) and asked to be "gentle" when breaking the news. They called my grandparents on the phone! Grandma was home by herself when she was told by some random EMT that her son was dead :nono:
That's terrible. :nono:

audball

Ideal_Rock
I had my first wedding nightmare last night. It wasn't even that bad, but I still woke up totally panicked and upset! Thankfully it was before FI had left for work so he was there when I woke up freaking out.

We totally slept through the wedding. We were in Savannah at the bed and breakfast and on the morning of what is supposed to be our wedding day, we didn't wake up. We were so sound asleep we slept straight through until 4pm and nobody bothered to wake us! The concierge said we shouldn't be disturbed so the hair/makeup artist left, the photographer showed up and left, the officiant left, we had nothing. We missed our ceremony and woke up to what would have been our flowers and cake in the hallway outside our room's door and took the carriage ride in our pajamas while I sobbed. It was awful.

Mental note: set 1,000 alarms for the morning of the wedding. Will not oversleep. Will not sleep through my own wedding!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Lol, aud, don't worry, you won't oversleep. Even if you don't set an alarm.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Haha! I know. Crazy irrational dreams. Only 26 days to go! :))

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1380895058|3532041 said:
I had my first wedding nightmare last night. It wasn't even that bad, but I still woke up totally panicked and upset! Thankfully it was before FI had left for work so he was there when I woke up freaking out.

We totally slept through the wedding. We were in Savannah at the bed and breakfast and on the morning of what is supposed to be our wedding day, we didn't wake up. We were so sound asleep we slept straight through until 4pm and nobody bothered to wake us! The concierge said we shouldn't be disturbed so the hair/makeup artist left, the photographer showed up and left, the officiant left, we had nothing. We missed our ceremony and woke up to what would have been our flowers and cake in the hallway outside our room's door and took the carriage ride in our pajamas while I sobbed. It was awful.

Mental note: set 1,000 alarms for the morning of the wedding. Will not oversleep. Will not sleep through my own wedding!

:lol: :lol:

Set a couple of alarms. You can also request the bed and breakfast call your room to confirm you are awake.

Wedding dreams are the worst!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Done this weekend:

Called both CA guests and postponed visits.
Called witness and confirmed.
Called lady we aren't using for the cake (just to make sure she didn't show up with a cake since we hadn't confirmed the change to another baker - no contract signed or payment to her) and was glad we didn't choose her -- she is apparently out of business.

To do ASAP:
Confirm changes with photographer. Hoping she can come to the winery on 10/18 to do pictures in dress/tux since we won't be there until after sun down. Also hoping she'll take what we have already paid her as good enough to reduce from 6 hours to something like 3-4. (1200 for 6 hours and we've already paid 800)
If she's willing, we'll go Sunday and get tux for FI. If not, we'll go from there.
Need to tell FI to get in the bath so I can get his hair cut...
Confirm with my brother.
Talk to aunt to see if she thinks grandparents will still attend.
Call 2nd cake lady and see if there is any way to cancel the entire cake.

Hoping either brother or grandparents do attend so that we can send "A" home with them on 10/18 so FI and I can have a quiet day at the winery by ourselves. (our neighbor is awesome and would peek in to make sure she's okay overnight -- may even see if she wants a friend over (with the friend's parents knowing we're gone!))

In process:

To do:
hair
his tux
frame to hang ketubah
FI haircut
confirm cake with 2nd lady & figure out new decorations (hoping she'll let us cancel order)
cancel extra hotel rooms
call Expedia to figure out how to cancel airplane tickets and get refund (we did the insurance so hopefully they'll refund!)
cancel car rental

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Trying to play a little catch up right now...(so busy during school so i wont be posting as much)

TP, i'm so sorry about the passing of your uncle :(

Aud, i'm super excited you found a pair of shoes that work!!!!!! I hope you will post the pic of the finished product! You are so crafty, i love it!

THE WEDDING IS SO CLOSE FOR YOU TWO!!!!

My update, i bought the dress! It wasn't the original dress i wanted. I brought my best friend with me and we just went to a shop pretty close to me (within 20 mins), who had great reviews on customer service and it's been around forever. We grabbed a bunch of dresses, all diff styles and off i went to try them on! I tried on all Maggie Sottero gowns and one Casablanca tulle ballgown. I had specifically picked this shop because they had a dress i wanted (Sottero & Midgley "Adorae"). I LOVED the dress, but it was def more "evening gown" and better suited for a formal affair. My best friend ended up loving this dress that couldn't even be held up from clips, it was so heavy and too big. I tried it on twice. I fell in love...then found out it was discontinued!!!! I guess we should have looked at tags before trying things on. haha. Anyways, the seamstress was there and assured me she could take it in if i wanted it, and that it would look beautiful. SO i went for it. The dress was a Sottero & Midgley gown originally 1400. I got it for 750. alterations to take it in and remove the train will be around 150. I am going for a fitting next sunday for the big "take down"...i figure i would like to get it close to my size so that i can really see how it will look. Also my mom is really upset she was unable to come for fitting (she lives in fl), and she IS coming for my graduation in May - so i will plan for a fitting in May so she can really see it. I think i will keep the train until after she sees it too. At least once i have most of the material off, she can get an idea of what it will look like done! I dub thee "frankendress"!

In other news, i finally went to a MAC counter and had a makeup trial since this is the brand the resort uses and i have only worn Bare Minerals for 7 years due to extremely sensitive skin. She used the "mineralize" line on me, which worked out perfectly, no breakouts. In fact, she did SUCH a great job, i wish i could take her to jamaica with me! I will probably have to buy the mineralize liquid foundation and concealer on the off chance that the resort doesn't carry the mineralize collection.

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1381030581|3532946 said:
:lol: :lol:

Set a couple of alarms. You can also request the bed and breakfast call your room to confirm you are awake.

Wedding dreams are the worst!
I definitely will! :))

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1381031891|3532951 said:
Done this weekend:

Called both CA guests and postponed visits.
Called witness and confirmed.
Called lady we aren't using for the cake (just to make sure she didn't show up with a cake since we hadn't confirmed the change to another baker - no contract signed or payment to her) and was glad we didn't choose her -- she is apparently out of business.
GREAT progress, TP! Please keep us updated on how everything is going! You'll be a Mrs. in 11 short days!

audball

Ideal_Rock
LoveLikeCrazy|1381068534|3533069 said:
Trying to play a little catch up right now...(so busy during school so i wont be posting as much)

Aud, i'm super excited you found a pair of shoes that work!!!!!! I hope you will post the pic of the finished product! You are so crafty, i love it!
Thanks! I'll definitely snap a few shots and get them posted for you guys! They are by no means as fancy or beautiful as the ones I've decided not to wear, but they're SO much more comfortable, SO much more affordable, and most importantly, SO much more me that I'm 100% happy with the decision to choose them over the pretty and uncomfortable ones!

LoveLikeCrazy|1381068534|3533069 said:
My update, i bought the dress! It wasn't the original dress i wanted. I brought my best friend with me and we just went to a shop pretty close to me (within 20 mins), who had great reviews on customer service and it's been around forever. We grabbed a bunch of dresses, all diff styles and off i went to try them on! I tried on all Maggie Sottero gowns and one Casablanca tulle ballgown. I had specifically picked this shop because they had a dress i wanted (Sottero & Midgley "Adorae"). I LOVED the dress, but it was def more "evening gown" and better suited for a formal affair. My best friend ended up loving this dress that couldn't even be held up from clips, it was so heavy and too big. I tried it on twice. I fell in love...then found out it was discontinued!!!! I guess we should have looked at tags before trying things on. haha. Anyways, the seamstress was there and assured me she could take it in if i wanted it, and that it would look beautiful. SO i went for it. The dress was a Sottero & Midgley gown originally 1400. I got it for 750. alterations to take it in and remove the train will be around 150. I am going for a fitting next sunday for the big "take down"...i figure i would like to get it close to my size so that i can really see how it will look. Also my mom is really upset she was unable to come for fitting (she lives in fl), and she IS coming for my graduation in May - so i will plan for a fitting in May so she can really see it. I think i will keep the train until after she sees it too. At least once i have most of the material off, she can get an idea of what it will look like done! I dub thee "frankendress"!

In other news, i finally went to a MAC counter and had a makeup trial since this is the brand the resort uses and i have only worn Bare Minerals for 7 years due to extremely sensitive skin. She used the "mineralize" line on me, which worked out perfectly, no breakouts. In fact, she did SUCH a great job, i wish i could take her to jamaica with me! I will probably have to buy the mineralize liquid foundation and concealer on the off chance that the resort doesn't carry the mineralize collection.

Woot! Your dress sounds just PERFECT! I love the nickname, Frankendress! That's amazing. I hope you'll post pictures after your first big takedown fitting! So sweet that you'll get to share that with your Mom in May!

And SUPER great news about the makeup! I know you were worried about breaking out and I think taking your own foundations down for them to use in case they don't have that specific kind is a super great idea!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results