shape
carat
color
clarity

Getting an engagement ring for fiance.. need some help :)

a_diamond_novice

Rough_Rock
Hi guys!

I have been researching engagement rings for the last month or so as I plan to do a surprise proposal for the current gf. I was introduced to two diamonds by a friend in the business and would like your opinion on them. I am stuck trying to figure out if it is a good deal or not. I am especially worried about the table/ depth %'s. My girlfriend loves the princess cut and I do too, so both of these are princesses. I appreciate any help you can give me. :twirl: :twirl:

Diamond 1 (his price: $8200):
Weight 1.33 CT
Shape PRINCESS
Color: G
Clarity VS1
Measurements 6.06 x 5.87 x 4.47 mm
Depth 76.2%
Table 79.7%
Crown 7.2%
Pavilion 63.1%
Crown Angle 35.8°
Pavilion Angle 42.7°
Girdle THIN TO THICK POLISHED
Polish VERY GOOD
Symmetry VERY GOOD

Diamond 2 (his price: $9100):
Weight 1.55 CT
Shape PRINCESS
Color: H
Clarity VS1
Measurements 6.71 x 6.66 x 4.5 mm
Depth 67.6%
Table 81.9%
Crown 5.7%
Pavilion 61.9%
Crown Angle 35.5°
Pavilion Angle 40.9°
Girdle VERY THIN TO MEDIUM POLISHED
Polish EXCELLENT
Symmetry VERY GOOD

Are these good deals? What kind of information would help me out to get a better choice at this price range? Thank you so much!!!!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Getting an engagement ring for fiance.. need some help :

Neither of these are good enough.

GIA doesn't provide all these numbers for princesses so are they AGS? Tell your friend you want an AGS Ideal princess. If they are EGL, tell your friend "thanks, but no thanks" and buy from someone who offers GIA/AGS as a first choice.

a_diamond_novice

Rough_Rock

they are EGL-USA. I know that EGL isn't that great, but I read that EGL-USA is more consistent.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

As I said, work with someone else. You will get a MUCH better deal, these are over priced and not good cuts.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

a_diamond_novice|1354177630|3318096 said:
Hi guys!

I have been researching engagement rings for the last month or so as I plan to do a surprise proposal for the current gf. I was introduced to two diamonds by a friend in the business and would like your opinion on them. I am stuck trying to figure out if it is a good deal or not. I am especially worried about the table/ depth %'s. My girlfriend loves the princess cut and I do too, so both of these are princesses. I appreciate any help you can give me. :twirl: :twirl:

I can't comment on the quality of the stones but from what I've seen on PS, the bolded above is NEVER a good idea. You think that you are getting a great deal because you are working with a friend but that rarely seems to be the case.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results