shape
carat
color
clarity

getting a tiffany ring this weekend. Need advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring looks absolutely perfect on her hand. Great choice and congratulations on your engagement!!
36.gif
36.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Wow....it looks just beautiful! Congratulations!

(And that picture! Maybe you should sell it to Tiffs!)

widget

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a cool picture. You should send it to a photo magazine and win a prize!! Congratulations on your engagement and we all hope the ring sets the stage for a long, healthy, happy and prosperous life together!

Best wishes...........

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
That is an amazing picture, and it looks PERFECT on her hand! Congratulations to you both!!!
9.gif

Dee Jay

Shiny_Rock
The ring looks just perfect on your fiance''s hand and the picture is fabulous -- congratulations!

LuvThatBling

Shiny_Rock
Premium
If the hands are any indication, you two make a lovely couple
2.gif
. Seriously, that is a gorgeous picture & the ring you picked out looks fantastic on her! You did very, very well.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!
36.gif

I agree that your picture could be a magazine ad...it''s wonderful!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks just gorgous and perfect on her. congrats..

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Brown Eyes. I love the sepia tone picture. It looks like an ad in Town & Country. You did great. Congratulations.

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
The ring looks fantastic on her hand - I am glad that you are both so happy with your ring choice.

viaoman

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the kind compliments. I really appreciate them
21.gif

Just FYI, I found this beautiful place in South California area to propose. The restaurant also offers one of the best dining experiences I ever had. The service is superb. So, if you need an idea where to propose, this place would be one of my top recommendations.

http://www.montagelagunabeach.com/resort_overview/index.html

Make sure that you checked out the video preview (listed on the menu on the left, just above the "press room" link).

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your engagement - the ring looks beautiful on her hand and truly - that picture is fit for an advertisement!!!

elvingomez

Rough_Rock
i dont know if this is rude, or why i never see it discussed, but please let me know if it is....

How much is this ring? i''ve never been to tiffanys and am curious

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations to you and your fiance. You picked the perfect ring. Well done and best wishes for your future together.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
that''s a perfect size
Such a beautiful classic.

mara54

Shiny_Rock
WOW, How beautiiful!! Congratulations on your engagement.
35.gif

viaoman

Rough_Rock
elvingomez,

Tiffany e-ring starts just over $1000 depending on its setting.

1 ct/I/VS2 costs ~ $9500
1 ct/D/IF costs ~ $35,300

http://www.tiffany.com/expertise/diamond/pricing/default.asp?

Sorry that I feel uneasy to give you the exact price of my -ering, but I hope this will give you an idea of Tiffany e-ring's price.

vinvin0

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Do you know what is the width of the Tiffany ring at the widest point (at the top?)

Thanks,

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
WOW! That may quite possibly be the LOVELIEST photo I have ever seen here on PS. Absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

The ring you chose is gorgeous, and looks wonderful on her. Congratulations to both of you!
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, I got choked up on this one! The picture is just perfect. Like everyone said, it could be in a magazine! Congratulations and you did a wonderful job choosing the ring!

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE the ring you chose. I think you definitely made the right decision! Congratulations on your engagement!
36.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
I just have to compliment you on the fabulous shot of your fiancee''s ring.
It is one of the prettiest hand shot I''ve seen. And of course the ring is very elegant!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful. You did a great job.

shay

viaoman

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/8/2006 9:26:03 PM
Author: vinvin0
Hi,

Do you know what is the width of the Tiffany ring at the widest point (at the top?)

Thanks,

Vinvin0,

I do not know the width but here are the cut proportions:

total depth = 61.3%
table diameter = 58%
culet = none
crown angle = 35.4
pavilion depth = 42.7
girdle= medium, faceted.

Is this a good proportion? I am not technical in diamond cut. When I saw the diamond, I am very satisfied with its brilliance.

Just out of curiosity, what categorized a diamond as an ideal cut? Does a diamond need to have Tolkowsky cut proportion to be categorized as an ideal cut or you have to see the heart and arrow shape to be categorized as an ideal cut? Is there a standardize metric that a diamond is measured against to be categorized as an ideal cut?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results