carat
color
clarity

Gene's newest stones (precision gem)

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Elle,

That was me with that pad. I'm looking forward to it, and I'll post back on here once I receive it.

Yay! Have you received it yet? I’d love to know what you think (and maybe see more pics). :mrgreen:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m absolutely loving that concave cut pink tourmaline and wishing I was the one who bought it. Please tell me it was another PSer so I can ogle it some more. :drool:

What do you guys think of the Mahenge garnet? I think the cutting is gorgeous but it’s a smidge too peach for my skin tone.

2E577C94-885C-46A0-A5FA-FB550298BAA6.jpeg

5969B11A-A2BB-4D87-8B1C-BDC8BB7D45FE.jpeg

DDE47357-E078-4878-8FA7-BE59FA6E4AE0.jpeg

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m absolutely loving that concave cut pink tourmaline and wishing I was the one who bought it. Please tell me it was another PSer so I can ogle it some more. :drool:

What do you guys think of the Mahenge garnet? I think the cutting is gorgeous but it’s a smidge too peach for my skin tone.

2E577C94-885C-46A0-A5FA-FB550298BAA6.jpeg

5969B11A-A2BB-4D87-8B1C-BDC8BB7D45FE.jpeg

DDE47357-E078-4878-8FA7-BE59FA6E4AE0.jpeg

Yes, that tourmaline is gorgeous, I still need a concave cut gem in my collection. In the meantime, I TRIED to hold off on the garnet, to let someone else go for it, but couldn’t resist, in the end. I, too, am of peachy skin tone, but maybe if I do a rose gold engraved halo, no diamonds? It’s cheaper than a big champagne diamond. :)

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, that tourmaline is gorgeous, I still need a concave cut gem in my collection. In the meantime, I TRIED to hold off on the garnet, to let someone else go for it, but couldn’t resist, in the end. I, too, am of peachy skin tone, but maybe if I do a rose gold engraved halo, no diamonds? It’s cheaper than a big champagne diamond. :)

Oh, I'm so glad you went for that peachy garnet. I kept going back to watch the video because it looks so yummy! Now I can admire your pics. :dance:

I think rose gold halo would be perfect! :kiss2:

Django74th

Shiny_Rock
For all those loving the mahenge garnet, it appears to be back and available on Gene’s site! I’m selfishly hoping someone here gets it so I can see pictures

Django74th

Shiny_Rock
It’s not, he just hasn’t marked it sold yet for some reason. It hasn’t made it to me yet, but when it does, I’ll post a pic or two. :)
Oops — sorry @NKOTB! I happened to be looking and thought it looked fishy but thought I’d mention it. Never mind!

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
Btw, is that little indigo blue sapphire come back after a previous purchase? But could be something wrong with my memory.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Looking forward to seeing what you decide..

I haloed my similarly colored (malaya) garnet with kornerupine.
ring_kornerupine_flower_ring.jpg

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a very beautiful color combination. What is the center stone’s size?

Thank you. I love the combination too..like some, my skin tone is not well suited to soft pinks or anything with the slightest of orange modifier. It's 7mm. I have large fingers so need the coverage lol.

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock
I ordered a lab Padparadscha from Gene last week and he sent word yesterday that he's finished cutting it! I'm so excited for this beauty to arrive :kiss2: I prefer this colour (flame fusion) over the other (Czochralski Process) as I like Pads that are more saturated. Certainly can't afford a natural though, especially at this size :lol: Thank goodness for lab stones! :love:

IMG_1108.jpg

2721.JPG

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
I ordered a lab Padparadscha from Gene last week and he sent word yesterday that he's finished cutting it! I'm so excited for this beauty to arrive :kiss2: I prefer this colour (flame fusion) over the other (Czochralski Process) as I like Pads that are more saturated. Certainly can't afford a natural though, especially at this size :lol: Thank goodness for lab stones! :love:

IMG_1108.jpg

2721.JPG

Saw this on his IG! Look forward to your hand shots!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_1108.jpg

2721.JPG

Ooh, I saw this on Instagram. I can't wait to see your hand shots. I too prefer more saturated pads. :kiss2:

voce

Ideal_Rock
I got it!
First pic is by the window, but no sun at all here today. Others are inside and inside shadowed.

20210923_165146.jpg 20210923_163938.jpg 20210923_163915.jpg

That looks like a wonderful silky sapphire!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so beyond buying any new stones, or otherwise I'd be all over the spess - the desire for more lovelies is just never sated!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I nabbed the Mahenge Garnet yay, per pic and video it is just the color I've been searching for, fingers crossed.

FWIW if I was in the market for a Pink Sapphire, I really love the color and cut of the newly listed round (Gem 2734) -- it would really be lovely for an ER ...

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I nabbed the Mahenge Garnet yay, per pic and video it is just the color I've been searching for, fingers crossed.

FWIW if I was in the market for a Pink Sapphire, I really love the color and cut of the newly listed round (Gem 2734) -- it would really be lovely for an ER ...

How exciting! I love the color on that one and I can’t wait to see you hand shots. :kiss2:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would call that mint tourmaline, colorless. I think I see a hint of mint color, but it looks more icy than minty, if that makes sense. It’s rare to see colorless tourmaline. It would look perfect in a snowflake motif.

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
I would call that mint tourmaline, colorless. I think I see a hint of mint color, but it looks more icy than minty, if that makes sense. It’s rare to see colorless tourmaline. It would look perfect in a snowflake motif.

A snowflake is exactly what I thought when I saw it, too! It's very pretty.

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock
I hear you. I’m constantly telling myself I need to focus on setting gems, not buying new ones…but the urge is always there. :lol:

That spess is stunning! Such a gorgeous color.

Same here! All my gems in their lil gem holders constantly judge me when I browse new stones to buy... I need to focus, gold prices are only going up! :lol:

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock

IMG_1108.jpg

2721.JPG
My lab Pad is finally here! She's a true sunset beaut!

IMG_1372.jpg
Indoor shaded (no flash)

IMG_1371.jpg
Indoor shaded (with flash)

IMG_1367.jpg
Outdoor but not direct sunlight

IMG_1366.jpg
Bonus cat pic

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results