shape
carat
color
clarity

Gene's newest stones (precision gem)

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Black Friday sale stones arrived and they look even better in person than I had expected. The yellow Grossular garnet is so sparkly! It shows an orange flash at times that I find very interesting and beautiful. I think it might even be my favorite yellow stone in my collection so far. The rubellite tourmaline is very pretty in person too..that stone was so hard to capture in pictures what I am seeing in person. These were all taken inside in natural lighting.
86F1C255-EA29-49FC-A83F-E087FB2F9B88.jpeg
4EDF4EE9-2658-4C39-A0F8-36B4CB8D6F1F.jpeg
73ACEF20-7F1E-4904-A62A-B87FF50318E5.jpeg
15A159DA-7E41-43DC-A986-B54795703D3F.jpeg
ACBD7BE8-B486-458F-93E2-8F3E621E0070.jpeg
8935AC0A-0B68-4E87-9AF3-2D83E93051DF.jpeg

Oh wow, that yellow garnet! :kiss2: It looks better than I imagined too. Wowzers!
The rubellite tourmaline is gorgeous too. I found my rubellite was super difficult to capture properly on camera. They look so much better in person.

gwcynthia

Rough_Rock
Is his website not working anymore??

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Is his website not working anymore??

It was acting rather weird yesterday. Today it was at the bottom of the page where you would click to look at new stones. I hope that is still how it is and that it helps.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gene dropped a bunch of new gems yesterday and they’ve all already sold, with the exception of that yellow sapphire.

I’m hoping someone here snagged something off of this recent drop so we can look forward to some hand pics. :mrgreen:

EFD0EB37-D4FB-44DA-BE07-140FD22DAF4C.jpeg

D9238283-AC50-4E52-AB5F-9DB81192F486.jpeg

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
Dan did a great job on my ring, I recognize those prongs (learning to read his CADS) and you are gonna love them.

20201227_131148.jpg
I now get the fuss about precision cut, what a huge difference. And the sparkle!

Yours is beautiful, this is my first project with him. He is also setting a spess from Jeff. His prices are unbelievable too.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dan did a great job on my ring, I recognize those prongs (learning to read his CADS) and you are gonna love them.

20201227_131148.jpg
I now get the fuss about precision cut, what a huge difference. And the sparkle!

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love how the more angular halo pairs with a round. Totally drool worthy. :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

I’m starting to think I need to try Daniel M for a project. How was your experience with him?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@CSpan I love your setting!!! I was planning to work with Daniel M prior to the drama about him, and then got scared off. Now I am thinking I want to try working with him!

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
@CSpan I love your setting!!! I was planning to work with Daniel M prior to the drama about him, and then got scared off. Now I am thinking I want to try working with him!

I read about but I think it was quite awhile ago. This is my 5th or 6th project. He is very responsive and like @Myshinybestlife said, his prices are very reasonable.

@elle_71125 You should. He does his own CADs and is super personable. I had a wonderful experience with this project and took his suggestions about number of prongs, he nailed the metal to stone ratio really well I think. And did you see @voce's dragonfly? Swoon!

Nancewbl

Rough_Rock
I kind of love the weird, included pink sapphire...debating getting it.

I wish there was a video so I could see the color a bit more! I loooove raspberry reds...

Are returns easy enough?

1610068251011.png

I dont think he appreciates returns very much. But I purchased a pink spinel from him and I was quite happy.

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
I kind of love the weird, included pink sapphire...debating getting it.

I wish there was a video so I could see the color a bit more! I loooove raspberry reds...

Are returns easy enough?

1610068251011.png

I like this a lot too. Those kinds of inclusions wouldn't bother me.

I miss his videos too, they made a really big difference in being able to see the gem moving and in different light. It's hard to tell by this one still photo.

I almost returned a gem, he was fine. I didn't return it. I should have never inquired about a return! I looked at it in my car. I needed to see it in better light, then I was blown away! I feel if you say you will offer returns you should do it pleasantly. He was :)

Good luck deciding!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I like this a lot too. Those kinds of inclusions wouldn't bother me.

I miss his videos too, they made a really big difference in being able to see the gem moving and in different light. It's hard to tell by this one still photo.

I almost returned a gem, he was fine. I didn't return it. I should have never inquired about a return! I looked at it in my car. I needed to see it in better light, then I was blown away! I feel if you say you will offer returns you should do it pleasantly. He was :)

Good luck deciding!

Thanks for the details. Honestly a lot of inclusions don’t bug me, I think for diamonds I’m a bit pickier, but even then... :roll:

Appreciate the insights!

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the details. Honestly a lot of inclusions don’t bug me, I think for diamonds I’m a bit pickier, but even then... :roll:

Appreciate the insights!

Of course! I'm pickier with diamonds too. It depends on the inclusions. It just seems at times, especially with colored stones , that some inclusions even add to the stone's beauty.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Ask him for video. He might do one, especially since that stone has sat awhile.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Not sure if it is kosher to share a video on PS that was sent in an email...it is pretty, but might be a bit more purple than I was after - granted the video is indoor lighting.

Here is a terrible and likely useless screenshot.... :D

Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 12.20.14 PM.png

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure if it is kosher to share a video on PS that was sent in an email...it is pretty, but might be a bit more purple than I was after - granted the video is indoor lighting.

Here is a terrible and likely useless screenshot.... :D

Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 12.20.14 PM.png

I think it’s pretty.
It may not be the pink you were looking for (in all lighting environments) and that’s understandable.
In regards to returns - I had an easy transaction with him a few years back. It was a winza that really went weird in natural light.
But at this price range it’s listed at, I probably wouldn’t bother a vendor for a return and try to rehome it instead, or keep in my ‘learner’ appreciation pile. (Loupe time fun!!)
I do miss the videos being included as well. It’s a good ‘feel’ for how it is outside of the studio glamour shot.

Edited to add
‘Bother’ isn’t the correct word I want to use - but you get my drift. Can’t think of a better word to use?

Last edited:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I think it’s pretty.
It may not be the pink you were looking for (in all lighting environments) and that’s understandable.
In regards to returns - I had an easy transaction with him a few years back. It was a winza that really went weird in natural light.
But at this price range it’s listed at, I probably wouldn’t bother a vendor for a return and try to rehome it instead, or keep in my ‘learner’ appreciation pile. (Loupe time fun!!)
I do miss the videos being included as well. It’s a good ‘feel’ for how it is outside of the studio glamour shot.

Edited to add
‘Bother’ isn’t the correct word I want to use - but you get my drift. Can’t think of a better word to use?

Thanks so much for your thoughts. It's weird, there are a mix of videos, and not. I get that the price is low so a video may not be a great use of time, but the purple sapphire for $50 more has one...anyways.

I think you are right, RE returns, (I know what you mean by bother - if it was even a smidge more expensive, I might feel differently)... $250 is incredibly low stakes compared to other gem purchases....it is a very pretty, saturated color, I like that it is a well cut sapphire for a very reasonable price. I am drawn to it, by no means is it a dream stone. I was hoping it showed more red, less purple. Still might sleep on it....the question for me is - will it be nice enough to set?

My goal is a glowy, reddish / pink stone (a juicy spinel or ruby), but what I want will be in the thousands and is years off (I have a few other priorities first, both financially and with jewelry, hah!) - so I thought - this might be a fun one to bide my time! I was assuming I'd only find a garnet for a small budget...hmmm

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results