shape
carat
color
clarity

Generic and Royal Asscher

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Furry

Rough_Rock
Hi Guys
After much search my girlfriend and I have fallen for the Asscher cut diamond. But I am confused on how to distinguish between Asscher and Royal Asscher, is one the Fabrikant only and all others hybrid? I thought Asscher was a patented cut. Is the Asscher available from most stores or only spoecific stores. And finally what are the ideal dimensions for an Asscher?

Lots of questions, hope someone can enlighten us, Thanks!

9.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Hi Furry. The Royal Asscher has an extra 16 facets over the original Asscher cut.

The Asscher site will answer a lot of your questions:

http://www.royalasscher.com/

emeraldcut

Rough_Rock
You can't go wrong with the Asscher cut especially if you like the antique look which the Asscher and Cushion are known for. Rich gave you the website which should answer most of your questions but as far as I know you can get it from just about any jeweler.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
The Royal Asscher (which IMO has no equal among generics) is sold only by their distributors. www.mednikow.com is one of them.

Generic so-called asschers, which vary widely from what are basically square emeralds to ones that mimic the asscher octagon much better, are increasingly more common. Still, I don't think many jewelers carry them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results