shape
carat
color
clarity

General whinge!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sassee

Shiny_Rock
Hi Guys,

I have been away for a couple of weeks, so haven't had a chance to read the boards much. Congratulations to all of the lovely LIWS who have been "removed" from the list in the last few days/weeks though!!
2.gif

Just wanted to have a general vent/whinge about my wait!!

To recap: we chose a ring over 2 months ago. It was being made (we chose a loose stone and then a setting). Boyfriend was informed by jewellers that it would take a "few" weeks to get the baguette stones for the band selected and brought in. Then it would take up to 3 weeks to have the ring made. Fine, no problem

We then took a couple of weeks holiday starting on Monday 9 July. We'd planned it for about 2 months. I must admit (like all good LIWs) that I was hoping for a proposal sometime over the break. Had done the calculations in my head and thought "surely the ring will be made by then".

One week into our holiday, I decided to run the gauntlet and ask the question (without sounding like a nag). I just made the comment "can you please be honest with me and let me know right now, whether a proposal is on the cards or not, while we are away. If not, that's fine, but I don't want to be a miserable b*tch thinking that something is coming when it clearly isn't". I got an honest answer in response (LOL) and it was "NO."

He explained that the ring still wasn't ready (???!!) and that to be perfectly frank, he was never going to propose at an "obvious time". He likes the idea of "waiting until you have given up all hope" (nice) and "it will be on my [his] terms"!!

Well, I got my honest answer, that's for sure
2.gif
You've gotta laugh, otherwise you'd cry!!

I must say that I was annoyed at how slow the jeweller has been. But I think deep down, I am doubly annoyed at how lax the boyfriend has been about the whole thing. Its not exactly like he has been bashing their door down, demanding to be moved up the waiting list because he's got an urgent proposal to attend to!! I think he has been sitting on his hands and waiting for them to well and truly call him!!

I just don't get it - why NOT do the romantic proposal? We ventured to the mountains and hot springs of central Victoria and then down to the coast where we had a villa on the Southern Ocean (i.e. water coming directly from chilly Antartica!!). All of these magnificant locations to have a wonderful proposal and nudda!!

He'll do it when he is good and ready but there is a bit of a problem with that though - he went and told our friend Lucy that "a ring is being made and we are going to be having a wedding in June/July next year". Easy for him to say, but the longer he holds out in proposing, the less time we have to organise a wedding under his own self imposed deadlines. And of course it will be ME and my mum who will run around frantically trying to find a suitable venue who hasn't been booked out. Our only saving grace is that winter is traditionally wedding "low season" (I am in Australia) so we might be able to get somewhere half decent. GGGGRRRRR
29.gif

Men are so darn irritating!
20.gif

Thank you for allowing me to rant... now I can get back to work!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just want to lend some moral support, and say I hope it will be sooner rather than later. Men are not versed in the intricate nature of planning a wedding, so they rarely think in terms of getting things booked and worked out. I just hope your ring is perfect and the proposal all you hoped for...

Sassee

Shiny_Rock
Thanks DF. I really appreciate the words of encouragement. I keep telling myself that patience is a virtue and that I don''t want to be the obsessing shrew that bullies her future hubby into handing over the ring... BUT... its like "we''ve come this far, so why are you stalling NOW?" LOL. Particularly when he has now gone and told a friend that our wedding date is under a year away. Men are so confusing sometimes!!
39.gif

I have told him a thousand times over that in the end, I couldn''t care less about whether we have the ring in time, or how full on the proposal is. I''d be happy with some heart-felt words over a glass of red and a pizza, whilst sitting on our sofa!! He is the one that says he has to propose with a ring (hence why I had imput - because he wouldn''t do it without my consultation!!) and keeps "comparing" other people''s engagements and how the guys didn''t put in enough effort. But now that he has "talked it up" so much (or rather, talked other''s engagements down!!), I wonder whether he is freaking out - he is not the world''s best planner and has probably been caught out because in actual fact he has nothing spectacular or romantic in mind and now the clock is ticking for him to do something amazing!! Ha ha. I''ve just got to keep a sense of humour about it all.
28.gif

He is probably panicking about how to live up to his big noting!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hope he does it soon!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results