shape
carat
color
clarity

Gemstone Rings vs Gemstone Fine Jewelry (bracelets, necklaces, etc)

DreamingOfDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
What do you like more gemstone rings or gemstone fine jewelry, and tell me why? ISO timeless gemstone pieces but don’t know if a ring would be realistic for me compared to a bracelet or earrings…

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I like both actually! One of my favourite pendants that needs a repair in order to wear safely is a pale green stone. I think it might just be a green quartz. Honestly not sure. But I adore it!! I wore it so much the bottom of the little frame snapped off lmao. I was lucky the stone didn't fall out.
I love rings the most but I feel like gemstones make beautiful earrings and necklaces and bracelets!! If I ever get to have a tennis set created it's going to be coloured stones :D

voce

Ideal_Rock
Rings and bracelets for me are a lot more visible than pendants or earrings!

Ring is definitely the easier to do budget wise because bracelets that aren't chain bracelets take a lot of precious metal to cast...

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just prefer all my bracelets to be with colourless stones, black or white pearls.

DK :))

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with @voce - it is nice to be able to see what I am wearing, and admire it!
When I wear stuff items I cannot always see - like earrings, brooches or pendants — I regularly check that they are still there.
But having said that, I love colored stones in all formats.

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer rings at all times. I like how they feel the most among all types of jewellery, and I like being able to see my stones and enjoy their beauty.

Necklaces are in second place. It's a distant second, but still second.

I don't wear earrings much, so I only have few, all lightweight and daily wear. My next project will most likely be earrings, though. There's this Bulgari necklace that sold at HH's auction that's my inspiration piece.

I don't wear bracelets at all, they're impractical and inconvenient with my desk job, and bother my wrists.

Why do you doubt whether a ring would be realistic for you?

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
I feel naked without earrings, so they are a must. The bigger, the better! Haven’t always been able to afford real gemstones until recently in any great size. Rings and bracelets are favourites because I get to see and enjoy them. Necklaces are last on my list because I have a relatively short neck, but lately I have been wearing glorious Colored stone pendants on long chains so I can see them. It is also better for the more fragile stones.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do you like more gemstone rings or gemstone fine jewelry

Not sure of the terms -- when you say "fine jewelry," do you mean anything other than rings? When I think "fine jewelry," I usually think of something better than what we own. :mrgreen2:

But, our (her) "use case" is determined mostly by the abuse that something is likely to receive. Safest is a pendant, followed by earrings (which get lost), bracelets (which she dislikes when they bang on the table), and then rings. The only things she wears constantly (while awake) are earrings (usually silver), a necklace (usually a handmade silver chain), and wedding band +/- old diamond e-ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results