shape
carat
color
clarity

Gemstone ID

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Are these synthetic, real, topaz or citrine? My mother gave this bracelet to me a couple of years ago. A friend of hers gave it to her along with some other jewelry items in 1973. It use to belong to his Aunt. So it''s pre 1970s but I don''t know the exact date it''s from.
Thanks.
-Casey

gemstoneid.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Another photo.

gemstoneID1.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
P.S. As you can see t one of the stones came out, happened last year and I haven''t gotten it fixed yet.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Hi Kitten. The stones have the "look" of natural citrine. I''d be surprised if they were other than that.

The piece is not antique. Probably 60''s.

Nice looking.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Citrines, cool. I thought they might be but I''m no gem expert.
Thanks Richard :)

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and my mother and I had thought it was from the 40s or 50s from lookin at it, but I guess 60s is possible too.

The Joker

Shiny_Rock
Since one of the gemstones is loose, you could easily do a "Specific Gravity" test on it.
SG of Citrine = 2.65
SG of Topaz = 3.4 to 3.6

Joker....

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2005 11
6.gif
1:45 PM
Author: innerkitten
Oh, and my mother and I had thought it was from the 40s or 50s from lookin at it, but I guess 60s is possible too.
You know, in taking another look at the bracelet I think you guys might be right. It has a hint of "retro" styling to it, and the little interconnecting links look like they are rose gold, with the rest being yellow gold. Is that the case?

If so, it would date the piece to the late 40''s, possibly early 50''s. Citrine was used a lot in retro jewelry.

Richard M.

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
innerKitten,

The stones look like citrine to me also. To reassure you, synthetic citrine quartz was not common on the market until the mid-90s.

Richard M.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results