shape
carat
color
clarity

gemology certification

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DAN ROSEN

Rough_Rock
how i can become a certified gemologist .i live in los angeles.any good school???????????

dan

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
You can go to the g.i.a school ,It happens to be the headquaters of the gemological institue of america

good luck

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
All you have to do is go down the coast a bit to Carlsbad where you can do GIA's in residence G.G. - takes about 6 mo. and $ - they do not, however, certify you for anything.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A Certified Gemologist is ONLY a title available to Graduate Gemologists who also work for AGS Member firms and who take a Certified Gemologist, AGS course of study and renew their title annually. No one else can claim to be a Certified Gemologist. Although, you can see that many do claim this status who are not AGS Members.

A Graduate Gemologist diploma does not confer the status of CERTIFIED although I did see one guy get away with calling himself CERTIFICATED.
Neat trick.

Education and experience are primary keys to success in this business. They are not all that is needed, but they allow you to gain the other things you will need, such as an entry level job....etc, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results