shape
carat
color
clarity

GemEx Brilliancescope Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rocknovice

Rough_Rock
I was reading a bit on the GemEx website and ran across the following...

"GemEx recommends people do not rely only on the instrument results, but get a hard copy LPA "Report" to validate the data. GemEx is very aware of some of the circumstances (both natural and unnatural) that can lead to incorrect results. That is one of the reasons we do not sell the instrument... only contract to allow its use."

http://www.gemex.com/htmdocs/consumer/more_q_a.html#common13

According to this, they seem to imply that the results can be incorrect. If the diamond is place in the machine incorrectly, the results could be lower than they should be.

Because of this, what good would a Brilliancescope report do for me. If the results for a diamond I like are low, I have no way to use them to make an informed decision. I guess if the results are high then I can assume the diamond caused them to be high so I could use the information in my deicision-making.

By the way, what is an "LPA Report" The link to an explaination in the GemEx site does not work.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I gather the 'LPA' report costs the vendor about $35 to have Gemex authenticate that the report has been done honestly - as they stated - there are many ways to trick the device, and this is probably the only way Gemex can control the cheating that will inevitably happen with a device that is used by vendors to market diamonds.
There is another thread running on this topic - it is probably better that anyone interested read and reply to it.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/brilliancescope-variance.4438/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results