shape
carat
color
clarity

Gem-Scan grading

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kdoub

Rough_Rock
I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and I've been looking into diamonds for a little while now. Most of the stores have Gem-Scan certificates. Is anyone familiar with Gem-Scan and their ratings?From their web-site I gathered they measure Table diameter, Crown height, Girdle thickness, Pavilion depth to grade the cut. The certificates only have the quality of cut (ideal, good, medium, etc..) on them, no specifics.I would like to buy a diamond whose measurements I know but it seems most local stores don't have that info. Would the Gem-Scan appear to be enough to go from.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Kdoub hi,I've been told that Gemscan is the #1 appraising company in Canada. All their graders are GIA graduates. Diamonds with their grade reports could be found in Canadian stores like Bay. Unfortunately I never heard any references on how accurate/consistent their gradings are.

Greatcall

Rough_Rock
Gem Scan is only available in Canada their Cut grading is very vague. I prefer to go with an International certificate like IGI or HRD

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results