shape
carat
color
clarity

Gem/crystal healing: do you believe in it at all?

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
I believe that gemstones carry energy that affect us mentally, emotionally, and spiritually but I also hold some beliefs that 99% of you would balk at the thought of.
I believe these things and other unmentionables not because Ive read something or have been influenced by someone preaching about certain aspects or qualities but because of my own experiences that ive tried to explain with science over and over yet get nowhere. Experiences that can only be explained as spiritual and they have happened my whole life and continue to happen unprovoked.
So yes, because of countless first hand experiences with what we would call the spirit realm or the "other side" I believe that stones can and do also carry energy that can/is transferred to our body.

There may well be a scientific explanation, it’s just that science hasn’t advanced enough to cover that realm of experience as yet. I too have had a few ‘interesting’ experiences in my life that I can’t explain in a scientific sense, so I am open minded and acknowledge that some experiences don’t always have an explanation. Now that I am a bit older, I am much better at accepting the unexplained and unknowable and just getting on with the important business of loving and making a productive contribution to my family, friends and community. Have a beautiful day :)

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
I never believed in gemstone healing or powers until I met a ‘magic’ aquamarine. Ok not magic but that’s what I call her. I was at a jewellery shop many years ago trying to choose between two rings. One an aquamarine in a setting that I didn’t really like and the other a green tourmaline in a beautiful setting. I loved the green tourmaline ring but there was just something about that aquamarine that kept me going back to it. It was strange but when I put that ring on I felt really calm and relaxed (but still alert and awake). My partner couldn’t believe that I was even considering the aquamarine given the setting and pushed for the tourmaline which I loved, so I got the tourmaline over the aquamarine.

So there I am at work that week unable to get the feeling of the aquamarine ring out of my mind. Come Friday I told my partner that I was going to get it on Saturday and that I would get two pieces of jewellery that year and not buy anything the following year. Saturday morning rolls around and I walk into the jewellery store and there is a woman at the counter taking off the aquamarine ring. She has just made the decision to purchase it. I walk up to the counter and say hello to the sales assistant who knows me as a repeat customer and I start talking to the woman who has just decided to buy the aquamarine. I told her that I tried the aquamarine ring on the week before and that I was coming back to purchase it but that she beat me to it. Then I said something like, ‘there’s something very special about that ring’ to woman who was purchasing it. She turned and looked at me with a surprised look on her face and said, ‘yes’. I continued on, ‘It makes you feel really good and very calm’. She looked even more surprised and said, ‘yes, yes!’.

That was all the confirmation that I needed that there was something very special about that aquamarine ring. I don’t understand what it was or how it worked but I know that I felt it and so did someone else. So now I am willing to say that there may well be something that wearing a gemstone does for us. I wouldn’t rely on them for healing but I think if you come across a chunk of rock that makes you feel really good on a ‘feeling’ level then you need to listen to your feelings and buy it. It has absolutely nothing to do with how the stone looks and everything to do with how it feels.

I still love the green tourmaline ring and I still think of the magic aquamarine. Hopefully one day I will come across another chunk of rock that makes me feel as good as that aquamarine did. So after that unusual experience I am open to the idea that some of the earth’s little treasures might have some sort of effect on us.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
C5DA925A-283D-42CB-894C-1DE8A30D60EC.jpeg I’m sorry that Aquamarine slipped through your fingers. Keep looking, the right one for you will fall into your lap.
I’d wanted a big Aquamarine ring for close to 20 years. Seen plenty, all much too expensive for me to afford but I kept looking and looking and looking.
One week, what a long week, I found her on eBay. Auction. And we all know how those usually end up ie outbid at the last second (geez I hate that).
So I couldn’t even bear to follow the auction. Given the time difference (US / Australia) it was ending during my sleep time. I got up in the morning and with that sort of sick tummy feeling checked to see just by how much I didn’t win her.
She was mine.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never believed in gemstone healing or powers until I met a ‘magic’ aquamarine. Ok not magic but that’s what I call her. I was at a jewellery shop many years ago trying to choose between two rings. One an aquamarine in a setting that I didn’t really like and the other a green tourmaline in a beautiful setting. I loved the green tourmaline ring but there was just something about that aquamarine that kept me going back to it. It was strange but when I put that ring on I felt really calm and relaxed (but still alert and awake). My partner couldn’t believe that I was even considering the aquamarine given the setting and pushed for the tourmaline which I loved, so I got the tourmaline over the aquamarine.

So there I am at work that week unable to get the feeling of the aquamarine ring out of my mind. Come Friday I told my partner that I was going to get it on Saturday and that I would get two pieces of jewellery that year and not buy anything the following year. Saturday morning rolls around and I walk into the jewellery store and there is a woman at the counter taking off the aquamarine ring. She has just made the decision to purchase it. I walk up to the counter and say hello to the sales assistant who knows me as a repeat customer and I start talking to the woman who has just decided to buy the aquamarine. I told her that I tried the aquamarine ring on the week before and that I was coming back to purchase it but that she beat me to it. Then I said something like, ‘there’s something very special about that ring’ to woman who was purchasing it. She turned and looked at me with a surprised look on her face and said, ‘yes’. I continued on, ‘It makes you feel really good and very calm’. She looked even more surprised and said, ‘yes, yes!’.

That was all the confirmation that I needed that there was something very special about that aquamarine ring. I don’t understand what it was or how it worked but I know that I felt it and so did someone else. So now I am willing to say that there may well be something that wearing a gemstone does for us. I wouldn’t rely on them for healing but I think if you come across a chunk of rock that makes you feel really good on a ‘feeling’ level then you need to listen to your feelings and buy it. It has absolutely nothing to do with how the stone looks and everything to do with how it feels.

I still love the green tourmaline ring and I still think of the magic aquamarine. Hopefully one day I will come across another chunk of rock that makes me feel as good as that aquamarine did. So after that unusual experience I am open to the idea that some of the earth’s little treasures might have some sort of effect on us.
im real sad you were piped at the post but ar least that other lady 'got it' and understood what she had

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
C5DA925A-283D-42CB-894C-1DE8A30D60EC.jpeg I’m sorry that Aquamarine slipped through your fingers. Keep looking, the right one for you will fall into your lap.
I’d wanted a big Aquamarine ring for close to 20 years. Seen plenty, all much too expensive for me to afford but I kept looking and looking and looking.
One week, what a long week, I found her on eBay. Auction. And we all know how those usually end up ie outbid at the last second (geez I hate that).
So I couldn’t even bear to follow the auction. Given the time difference (US / Australia) it was ending during my sleep time. I got up in the morning and with that sort of sick tummy feeling checked to see just by how much I didn’t win her.
She was mine.
beautiful
congratulations

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
She was mine.
Congratulations, you have quite a beauty there.
Yes I will keep looking and maybe one day I will find one that is right for me.

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
im real sad you were piped at the post but ar least that other lady 'got it' and understood what she had

Thank you. I am ok with the fact that I didn't get her though as I figure she wasn't meant to be mine. One day I will find another similar stone.

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think if you are going to call crystals possible healing and other effects all bunk, wouldn't you also have to call most religion all bunk too?

How many millions today when they entered a church dipped their fingers in "holy water". Is there any scientific evidence to show this does anything?

Millions, maybe billions believe if they die as a suicide bomber or martyr they will get six dozen hurts or virgins in heaven. Any scientific evidence this is true? In many countries now if you mock this, you can end up in jail, other places loosing your head.

What about a man in the 1800's who dug up golden plates, and an angle came and helped him to translate these into a holy book. Imagine how much these gold plates weighed, yet he carried them off the hill in NY.

Because we were brought up hearing these things, we accept the people who believe them as 'normal', but someone who has faith in a crystal as some kind of a nut case.

But we do know that a quartz crystal produces a precise frequency with a current passed through it. This principle is use in millions of watches and clocks to keep time. Is is any crazier to think that a crystal may interact with the energy of the body?

It seems you could make a stronger scientific case for that, than many of the 'truths' taught by most religions of the wold. I personally know of one vet, and one medical doctor who use crystals. Are they nuts, I don't know. If you told people 300 years ago you could cook food in minutes with something called microwaves, they would have dunked you in water or burned you as a witch.

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
I believe in it. Not sure how I got into it but i have a few crystals now. I can feel heat from some of them. I had a custom stretch bracelet made so I can have one of each stone with me at all times and I can feel tingling or other sensations in my hand. Sometimes it gets to be too much so I take it off. I keep a small crystal quartz in my work jacket that I wear everyday, and it's improved how I feel there as well as how others interact with me. Best way to find out is try it for yourself. Buy a small crystal quartz and keep it in your pocket at all times. See if you experience anything different.

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
I know this is an old post but I simply couldn’t help myself. Red and pink diamonds are an especially good cure for heaviness in the wallet and excessive bank balance. Buy a few of those super sized darlings and watch the decimal point make significant leaps to the left.

Very interesting to know! I wanted one just because they're rare. Not that I'll ever be able to get one.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Very interesting to know! I wanted one just because they're rare. Not that I'll ever be able to get one.

She was being sarcastic because they're so expensive and will take all of your money therefore curing a "heavy wallet".

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
So I wanted to write a more in depth response when I got home and I have a proper keyboard and can think better.

I've experienced a lot of things that made me believe in a lot of things like ghosts, God and even crystal healing. I got into crystal healing in college, when I was desperately trying to find stress relief. I found it mostly through yoga and some other holistic healing methods. Along with looking for active stress relief, I wanted passive stress relief. I've always been interested in stones and gems as a kid, and found a book that had "gems" and the ancient beliefs that came with them. I think that's how I got started.

Anyway, I was looking for a passive form of stress relief, and I thought maybe stones really did have those properties the ancient beliefs. So why not? All I had to do was keep them on me. I can't say I did much more than that since I could never remember to keep them with me, but I have heard of some other people's experiences. One man I talked to said he was given a moldavite as a gift and kept it with him at all times. Months later he found his purpose in life (selling stones and jewelry of all things). I like collecting them as well and found a review on quartz that said the buyer felt happier and she and her coworkers would talk about good things and have a good time during lunch instead of their usual complaining and sulking.

So when I saw this thread it reminded me of that review and I decided to get myself a quartz and keep it in my jacket that I wear at work every single day. I have a bad case of social anxiety so it always seems like I'm not interested in people and I've been getting some negativity, some people ignoring me and just some general work tension. Since I've had the quartz I've experienced none of that. My supervisor who seems irritated with me started smiling and has a gentler tone. One woman who ignored me actually smiled at me. My emotions feel little lighter there as well.

People tend to exaggerate things. Like in astrology, your sign doesn't mean you're the same as every person of the same sign! I believe in crystal healing in the sense that it will ASSIST or accelerate you towards what you need, and it can take MONTHS. I don't think it's a cure-all, not always instant, and may not work in the way you expect. For example, if someone has a real problem with you, instead of them turning around and being nice to you they might just start keeping away from you.Or maybe it will heal your relationship to them.

It won't heal bones, but it *might* help ACCELERATE healing. And when it comes to physical healing, there would be limits. So let's pretend sodalite can help your kidney. Your kidney would have to heal itself, and sodalite would just help it heal. You would have to keep it with you for months, and it may not heal it completely.

Crystal healing is more for mental, emotional and spiritual healing than physical imho.

My experience is mostly the sensations it gives me. Sometimes it's tingling, and some stones I could feel a lot of heat. Some I don't feel anything at all. I bought my stretch bracelet for that passive healing I wanted. Plus I think it looks nice! I keep forgetting to put it on but I've been keeping it on more often lately. I don't think you have to feel anything to really get the benefits though.

Btw, it's kind of funny that you said you're not going to judge, but you called your believer friends hippies or dead heads, lol.

Sorry for the long post.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results