shape
carat
color
clarity

Gave Up My Dream, And Found A Bargain! Your Thoughts?

Bijouteried

Shiny_Rock
Hi PSers!

As my DH and I were working on our (my) 20th anniversary project, we (I) spent a bit more than we (I) should have on my diamonds, plus I made an unscheduled jewelry purchase of a lovely 14k rainbow gemstone bracelet. So, as a compromise, I gave up on getting the Designer wedding band that I really really really really wanted.

But, because I'm persistent, my hours of Internet searching brought me to a band that is so similar to the Designer band that I couldn't pass it up! Of course, the diamond grading on the Replacement band is not as high on the Designer band and it's not an eternity, but when we received it yesterday, it still sparkles like nobody's business. Plus, how could we not be happy when the replacement was only 26% of the cost of the designer ring? I really wanted to stick with all custom or handmade rings in my anniversary upgrade, but for this I had to make an exception! I'm so happy!

Here are a couple of photos for comparison....The first pic is the Designer band (CAD image) and the second pic is the Replacement band:

I really like these styles because it's not the usual marquise-round or marquise-square alternating shapes that I've typically seen on these antique, art deco style bands. The rose gold rondel shapes make all the difference for me!

Attachments

• designer.tiff
    84.1 KB · Views: 547
  • replacement.tiff
    64.1 KB · Views: 543

septembergirl

Shiny_Rock
Your band is beautiful and all that matters is that you are happy with it! I know the designer band you are talking about and recently tried it on too a few weeks ago while hunting for my anniversary band. I think you made a great decision!

Bijouteried

Shiny_Rock
septembergirl|1460226426|4017333 said:
Your band is beautiful and all that matters is that you are happy with it! I know the designer band you are talking about and recently tried it on too a few weeks ago while hunting for my anniversary band. I think you made a great decision!

I'm so glad someone knows this Designer band! I tried it on at Robbins Brothers--both the white gold with rose gold rondels and the rose gold with white gold rondels--I wanted them both! But alas, my desires in other areas outweighed the desire!

Thank you also for the kind words! :)

septembergirl

Shiny_Rock
LegsDiamond|1460228680|4017341 said:
septembergirl|1460226426|4017333 said:

I'm so glad someone knows this Designer band! I tried it on at Robbins Brothers--both the white gold with rose gold rondels and the rose gold with white gold rondels--I wanted them both! But alas, my desires in other areas outweighed the desire!

Thank you also for the kind words! :)

You are very welcome!

The one I tried on was the rose gold with the white gold rondels. I would have loved to see the white gold/rose gold rondel one but our store (Diamonds Direct) did not have one at their location.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results