shape
carat
color
clarity

Gas in your area?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here in the Atlanta burbs, there’s very little gas to be found. People are buying 15 cans worth which in my mind is shameful. Fill your tank and move on. If people weren’t selfish, we would all be able to get where we need to go. End rant.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
$3.99 for regular and $4.29 for premium where I live in CA. Thank goodness my teen is going to school 100% online, and I'm working from home 100%. We drive our cars maybe 1X a week for errands. My husband drives a company car and gas is paid for.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Regular was $3.06 near us in Brooklyn when we filled up on Monday. Given how little we drive we're set for the next 2-4 weeks. As far as I know, no shortages here at all.

My parents are also in Brooklyn (assuming you mean NYC), but my mom didn't mention any problems getting gas. Is there a shortage there?

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had a fight at a gas station in NC.

Lady tried to jump the line for gas and when people wouldn't let her in she ran into another car then got out and cursed and spit on the man. Of course he then got out and spit back at her and she started hitting him and it was on.
Oddly enough she only got sighted for simple assault but NOT HITTING ANOTHER CAR WITH HERS INTENTIONALLY) and he got Assault on a female and damage to her cell phone. She should have gotten way more in my opinion.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Plenty of gas here is Ohio...hubby just filled up for 2.87 a gallon and I filled up yesterday and both were because we were low on gas not because of what is going on out there...its all nuts, I heard its suppose to get better on the east coast by the end of the week

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
My parents are also in Brooklyn (assuming you mean NYC), but my mom didn't mention any problems getting gas. Is there a shortage there?

None that I see at all. Prices don't appear to have changed in the last few days at all either.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's no shortage in many places but people are creating one by panic buying...just like with toilet paper. I have 50 gallons from last year...lol I'm good. In the state they did inact the gouging hotline.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good news. On our morning walk we passed our gas station and the price of gas went down from yesterday. So that is a positive development imo. If there was a shortage here I don’t think prices would decrease. Hopefully everything will be back to normal for everyone soon.

Dont you guys have all the refineries on your doorstep ?
It should be cheapest in NJ ?

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
None that I see at all. Prices don't appear to have changed in the last few days at all either.

Hasn't changed up here either.
Kinda looking forward to going back to the city. Miss not having to drive everywhere.

Beagles

Shiny_Rock
I read where Colonial has restarted the process of restarting (if you follow that) the pipeline. Where I live, more than 70% of gas stations are closed. For people who have to commute 50 miles daily to work, it's a problem.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Plenty of gas here is Ohio...hubby just filled up for 2.87 a gallon and I filled up yesterday and both were because we were low on gas not because of what is going on out there...its all nuts, I heard its suppose to get better on the east coast by the end of the week
Please ship me 100 gals.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still haven't seen anything that looks like shortages in my area (although the prices seem a bit higher) but am just wondering if you think that shortages, or not, depend on the availability of public transportation? I have no idea if that impacts this or not, but thought I'd ask. We have a decent amount of public transport here and most folks who work in the downtown area do not drive in, but take the commuter rail, or the subway, or the T as we call it. Do those of you seeing shortages have a good public transportation system? Or are people in panic mode because the have no choice but to drive everywhere?

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
With all the crazy news I was little worried as my tank was getting low. Just went to get gas after picking up my son, and sure little crowded than usual but no line and price was slightly higher but nothing crazy. We don't drive much these days aside from school Drop off and pick up so should be good for 2 weeks. At least it's one less thing to stress about.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What are your thoughts regarding the fact that Colonial Pipeline paid the ransom to the hackers?

Doesn't this open the door to more crimes like this one?
Isn't this a risky precedent to set?

Or was there no choice in your opinion?

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

What are your thoughts regarding the fact that Colonial Pipeline paid the ransom to the hackers?

Doesn't this open the door to more crimes like this one?
Isn't this a risky precedent to set?

Or was there no choice in your opinion?

It’s frightening and sets a bad precedent but I don’t know the ins and outs of the situation and what the alternatives would be or how long it would take to restore order if they didn’t pay. It also is scary as it shows our reliance on both technology to run things and our dependence on oil.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now it's $3.06.9 at BJ's.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I heard there was a gas shortage in Miami, of all places. Miami gets gas by a freaking barge :doh:

I put this in memes but does apply....lol

butwhy.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The gas I buy, Chevron Self-Serve 89-Octane Regular, is $4.29/gal.

Good thing I have a wimpy little entry-level Japanese car, and I'm a hyper-miler. :dance:
Many of the gas-saving driving techniques I perfect back when I owned hybrids do not need hybrid technology.
So I always get way over EPA's MPG estimate from my little putt putt. :sun:

The tanks only holds 10 gal, so I've been waiting till my tank was a bit less than half full to buy gas.
That way I can hand the human behind the glass a $20 bill and fill up my tank without having to return and get change, which might have C19 cooties on it. :mrgreen:

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Paid $3.85 for Costco premium today.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Paid $4.40 for Chevron premium today.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
3.29 in suburban Chicago today.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Paid $4.72 for Chevron premium.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
3.25 87 octane.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it was 2.99 for 87 octane in North Myrtle Beach SC yesterday when we filled up, today here in Ohio in my area it is 3.09 for 87 octane..I tend to use 93 in my Lexus by choice...so I always have to pay more

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2.59 for 87 in NY but that was only at Costco. Nearly everywhere else it's 3.19+

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
$3.23 for 87 octane at the Wawa at the Jersey shore.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2.97 (2.969) at BJ's in CT this past week

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m just under $4 for premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys are paying next to nothing for gas.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results