clarity

Gas in your area?

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I paid $3 a gallon over the weekend, I’m also in CT (central) and filled the tank which could last over a week if I am careful.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Luckily I filled up 2 days ago at $2.69 a gallon and haven't been anywhere except work, praying they get trucks in here soon.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I paid $3 a gallon over the weekend, I’m also in CT (central) and filled the tank which could last over a week if I am careful.
That ain't nothing. I have been paying over $4.00 for the pass 6 weeks. I expect my next fill up to be closer to $4.50 per gal X 22 gals... ;(

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ain't nothing. I have been paying over $4.00 for the pass 6 weeks. I expect my next fill up to be closer to $4.50 per gal X 22 gals... ;(

Sorry, I know we aren’t the worst. At $4.50 a gallon I would start looking at an electric bike :oops2:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There ain't no gas here.

Haven't you heard?
Gay people don't fart. :saint:

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I paid $3.49 today.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys are so funny, the price is over $7 per gallon equivalent here in the good old U.K. That’s why I drive a car that does 50+ miles per gallon.......

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys are so funny, the price is over $7 per gallon equivalent here in the good old U.K. That’s why I drive a car that does 50+ miles per gallon.......
Yeah but you guys don't drive as many mileage as we do here in the US.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah but you guys don't drive as many mileage as we do here in the US.

DF, your statement is the opposite of an argument that makes sense.

If you have to drive more miles, driving a vehicle with higher (not lower) MPG makes economic sense, and is more green.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF, your statement is the opposite of an argument that makes sense.

If you have to drive more miles, driving a vehicle with higher (not lower) MPG makes economic sense, and is more green.
16 MPG in town maybe like 22 MPG all freeway.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I paid $3.89 today for super or high test or whatever you call it. I haven't seen any signs of real shortage here though. at least not yet. I haven't been driving much the past year but I think it was below $3.00 a gallon at one point. But not much. We have high gas taxes here. I do remember several years ago paying close to $5.00 a gallon so the current price isn't shocking to me.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Per litre across the different companies today near us (NZ)
We pay a ton of tax here
Screenshot_20210512-134442.png

A US gallon is 3.78L
(US$5 = NZ$6.68)

Today's price for 91 NZ$2.129 x 3.78 = about NZ$8.05
So US$5.85 a gallon for 91

Opps and @Lookinagain bought super ....

We pay a lot of tax here and we have one refinery that the big 4 jointly own
if you are lucky in some parts of the country there is more competition with a 5th player
But never were we live

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
4.90 USD / Gallon (regular, octane 87) here in Canada for forever (the same exact price or more than when crude oil was 100 USD/Barrel). And we produuce alot of oil.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
and that’s not even the most we’ve paid in the recent past for petrol!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is (or will be) affecting gas everywhere in the USA I think.

I am not so concerned with prices (well I am but that isn't the most important concern I should say) but more worried about supply. Out here in the suburbs we need a car to get everywhere and gas is a critical component of that.

Last night the gas in our area was $3.00 a gallon for regular.
And the gas station was more crowded than usual.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I’m freaking out bc my husband is driving from TX to TN with our two cats and is supposed to leave today! And there’s no gas anywhere in Nashville right now! Ugh I wish people wouldn’t panic buy.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I’m freaking out bc my husband is driving from TX to TN with our two cats and is supposed to leave today! And there’s no gas anywhere in Nashville right now! Ugh I wish people wouldn’t panic buy.

I think much of this is due to panic buying. Similar to with storms. It is totally avoidable. That pipeline being down hasn't even caused an actual shortage yet. Places that don't even get gas from that pipeline are panic buying. People are... interesting.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here in NC the lines are ridiculous, price is currently 3.00 gal. However I saw only 2 stations that had gas last night and the lines were 5 miles down the road. My poor daughter is here for work and only has 1/2 tank left and cant find any and needs to go back home Thursday which is 2 hours away

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I think much of this is due to panic buying. Similar to with storms. It is totally avoidable. That pipeline being down hasn't even caused an actual shortage yet. Places that don't even get gas from that pipeline are panic buying. People are... interesting.

Totally agree. It’s frustrating. This happened during the power outages in TX ppl were buying gallons of milk and freezing them! Seriously?!

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Sometimes I think surge pricing should be in effect to curb demand and ensure those who really need/want it can get access, similar to Uber/Lyft pricing. Although many others view this as price gauging. They also should not allow people to fill up gas cans, limit dollar or gallons, etc. It would be too complicated to enforce, but could also prioritize essential workers, like with COVID vaccinations.

We have half tanks (I think) in 3 cars with no plans to go anywhere in the next few weeks other than a few doctor appointments, so not wasting time topping off or adding to the shortage problem. Only thing I think about is in an emergency situation, if we needed to go further.

Silver lining...maybe this will further curb COVID cases a little? This does make me think about diversifying our cars and getting an electric car again.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Filled up both cars yesterday. The price was 2.89 for regular, and 3.49 for premium.
This is about 2 hours north of NYC.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good news. On our morning walk we passed our gas station and the price of gas went down from yesterday. So that is a positive development imo. If there was a shortage here I don’t think prices would decrease. Hopefully everything will be back to normal for everyone soon.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Panic buying in TX, where we have plenty of gas. Just got back from Sams and lines were long at the pumps and no one at the checkout in the store. Sheesh.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Regular was $3.06 near us in Brooklyn when we filled up on Monday. Given how little we drive we're set for the next 2-4 weeks. As far as I know, no shortages here at all.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results