shape
carat
color
clarity

Garry whadya think of this one-is aset attached

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

echelon6

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/23/2007 8:15:08 PM
Author: sparkles
Garry, why is the 3.50ct still graded as EX sym - shouldn't it have been graded as only vg or gd? I know GIA are have a very broad range within each grade but is this too broad.

Is this an argument to stick with AGS stones because you know what you are getting.

Also, as a matter of interest what is your cut-off in terms of color and clarity in a stone of this size.

Thanks

GIA symmetry grade Ex should indicate that the facets join up well. (i.e. meet up at well defined points) You can have an AGS Ideal / GIA Ex on symmetry and still have low optical symmetry - they are different symmetries.

Thanks for the info Garry

esumsea

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/23/2007 8:33:54 AM
Author: sparkles
Its a teazer. It was sold some time ago. Its a minefield on that list. I have found some wonderful sounding numbers only to find out they are phantoms or on the other side of the world. (My part of the world) Which confuses me as to why they are advertised at all!
Amen Sparkles. I myself was driving Traci crazy with stones located in HK and India!!! I wish these vendors were not so sloppy, but I ferreted out the companies that do this (they have a program that just lists everything they get on pricescope) and if I see something listed by them and no one else, I know it is usually out of the country. THis does not always stop me from taking a shot in the dark but it is very time consuming. Luckily I am beyond that (hopefully I should say) for I am having three brought in for comparison.

Congrats on the prospect of owning a beauty like this. I am by no means an expert at all, but I would like to say that for that kind of money, you definately should go to Houston and compare at least 2-3 stones (hopefully my name is not being cursed at whiteflash for proposing this.) For the amount you are planning to spend, it represents less than 3-5% of your purchase! If you are not able to travel I would still compare the serin, IS, 40x, videos etc I am sure they will be happy to produce for you. I know there are other options out there (you know what I mean) you should consider.

I believe we are both OCD hyperfocusing freaks (well at least I am) and some people don''t understand why we cannot back away and relax. This IS a very important decision deserving of intense scrutiny and I think that having extra options and comparisons will cull invaluable savings in sanity!
2.gif
While I have bitched a little, I think overall whiteflash provides an excellent array of services (including trade up, I believe) and I get the impression that they are more about making people happy (good long term or foresight business) than making a bigger profit on an inferior stone (good short tem, miopic business). I believe they are out to make people happy so they come back (as you have already). Any stone the others can get, I believe Whiteflash can track down for you. They have always tracked down stones for me that were NOT in HK or India.
31.gif

Good luck on you search. I look foward to drooling over the pictures of what you will actually get
18.gif

Regards,
Mario

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results