shape
carat
color
clarity

Garnets garnets garnets!! What to keep and what to sell!

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi all,

I’ve been on a bit of a garnet buying spree lately. I don’t know what to do but there are just so many options! Million different colour combinations to choose from!

So I have these two mehenges and One umbalite and I would love to get your opinion because I definitely cannot set them all! What’s rare and special and what I can get other wise also I would so love to know!

1. 7mm mehenge asscher - hot pink, sometimes red

2. 6 mm mehenge octagon - pink and a lovely orange. Shades of peach too. **edited by moderator** I have a video of this but not great pics right now.

3. 6.5 mm umbalite octagon red and purple mix . Looks pink when it blends

CB68FC36-4C2D-48FE-82B4-1BB762EBCEFD.png 85E06BA5-9AFA-47A8-B59D-8CEE527336FA.png 37675262-8B19-4C48-9FFB-BD5EDF673E7C.png DDD2033E-6DBA-4BDA-B758-BD347FDC6F21.png 9E19A87D-94C3-42F6-83D2-27DD49770665.png C76753ED-672C-482A-8A44-4270BAA3FE4F.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gemobsessed, I would suggest you have the mods delete the information on the second stone, as it is against the rules to post stones for sale and then start a thread here to discuss them (once a stone is listed, the only place you can post it for discussion, is on the Preloved page).

Pretty stones, but I have pretty much scuttled all my red based garnets as they tend to go dark or brown out in fluorescent lighting...

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Put them side by side. Then we can tell the different

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gemobsessed, I would suggest you have the mods delete the information on the second stone, as it is against the rules to post stones for sale and then start a thread here to discuss them (once a stone is listed, the only place you can post it for discussion, is on the Preloved page).

Pretty stones, but I have pretty much scuttled all my red based garnets as they tend to go dark or brown out in fluorescent lighting...

How do I edit ? Report concern ?

Nosean

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Edit the topic in "...! What to keep?

and edit that the second is on LT...

They are all nice - I love Ascher cuts

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Edit the topic in "...! What to keep?

and edit that the second is on LT...

They are all nice - I love Ascher cuts

I tried reporting so moderators would let me edit. But nothing has happened yet

shinyrocks

Shiny_Rock
Premium
All are very lovely stones! Looks like two of the three are the same shape, with #2 potentially not being a good fit from a color standpoint, so seems logical that it might be the first one you might want to try to re-home. Between the other two, that would be a tough choice! I love asschers, so I would probably be inclined to keep that one. However, from one of the hand shots it also appears to have a touch of orange. Is it enough to be a concern to you?

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
All are very lovely stones! Looks like two of the three are the same shape, with #2 potentially not being a good fit from a color standpoint, so seems logical that it might be the first one you might want to try to re-home. Between the other two, that would be a tough choice! I love asschers, so I would probably be inclined to keep that one. However, from one of the hand shots it also appears to have a touch of orange. Is it enough to be a concern to you?

Hi Shinyrocks! Yes I think you’re right. I love asschers too! It’s not really orange, it changes colour a lot but never so orange it would bother me. The third one is a complete impulse purchase! I bought it because though it’s an octagon it’s a bit different. It’s half Portuguese. Hard to explain but basically it’s got more steps and facets.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results