shape
carat
color
clarity

Garnet family (large number of pictures and continuously updated)

JackTrick

Brilliant_Rock
From this thread, I’ve tried to find a topazolite/demantoid for my own collection, but I’ve sadly not been able to find any. Lovely photos.

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
But i have some purple chalcedony from indonesia without any treatment
DSC_7891a.jpg

Thanks. Do you not like amethysts very much? Or is it that it's quite common stone so you don't really collect it? I do like your purple garnets very much though.

landscape

Shiny_Rock
Thanks. Do you not like amethysts very much? Or is it that it's quite common stone so you don't really collect it? I do like your purple garnets very much though.

I have some amethysts, and some other interesting crystals, but most of them are not photographed, if you are interested, I can go and take pictures. It's true that because crystals are so common and amethyst is so much heat treated, I don't usually collect gems that have any heat treatments. I have a few pink crystal photos at hand, and I'll post them here by the way. 5e52c660jw1emd7c2zyuuj20xc18gws5.jpg 5e52c660jw1emd7cbe6hcj218g0xcadz.jpg DSC_5981a.jpg DSC_5982a.jpg DSC_5987a.jpg DSC_5988a.jpg DSC_5990a.jpg

landscape

Shiny_Rock
From this thread, I’ve tried to find a topazolite/demantoid for my own collection, but I’ve sadly not been able to find any. Lovely photos.

Topazolite is really hard to find, for many years I have one only , but now many yellow mali garnets are also identified as Topazolite.Demantoid from Africa is easy to find, demantoid from Russia 1ct+ is a little harder

landscape

Shiny_Rock

Many gem varieties include purple, sapphire, tourmaline, garnet, etc. I also Post a purple copper tourmaline, maybe you will like it

Very bright purple and some other rare colored tourmalines

DSC_9818.jpg DSC_9810.jpg

DSC_9818.jpg DSC_9810.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_9815.jpg
    DSC_9815.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC_9813.jpg
    DSC_9813.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC_9812.jpg
    DSC_9812.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC_9811.jpg
    DSC_9811.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC_9819a.jpg
    DSC_9819a.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC_9129a.jpg
    DSC_9129a.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, so vivid!

Particularly love the second and the fourth ones. Very clean too.

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
I have some amethysts, and some other interesting crystals, but most of them are not photographed, if you are interested, I can go and take pictures. It's true that because crystals are so common and amethyst is so much heat treated, I don't usually collect gems that have any heat treatments. I have a few pink crystal photos at hand, and I'll post them here by the way. 5e52c660jw1emd7c2zyuuj20xc18gws5.jpg 5e52c660jw1emd7cbe6hcj218g0xcadz.jpg DSC_5981a.jpg DSC_5982a.jpg DSC_5987a.jpg DSC_5988a.jpg DSC_5990a.jpg

Oooh, I knew most citrines are heated amethysts but didn't know that most amethysts are heat treated. Yes, if you have nice amethysts I would like to see them, but if it's too much trouble, don't worry about it. I assume the above are pink quartz?

I like amethysts because I just really love the purple colour - it's a different kind of purple to sapphires and garnets (though I do love purple garnets).

Last edited:

JackTrick

Brilliant_Rock
Topazolite is really hard to find, for many years I have one only , but now many yellow mali garnets are also identified as Topazolite.Demantoid from Africa is easy to find, demantoid from Russia 1ct+ is a little harder

Specifically, I was looking for the bicolor both topazolite/demantoid you posted. Which seems hard to find :)

landscape

Shiny_Rock
Specifically, I was looking for the bicolor both topazolite/demantoid you posted. Which seems hard to find :)

Bicolor both topazolite/demantoid is not a normal gemstone variety, too many random factors, it is difficult to have another one

landscape

Shiny_Rock
Oooh, I knew most citrines are heated amethysts but didn't know that most amethysts are heat treated. Yes, if you have nice amethysts I would like to see them, but if it's too much trouble, don't worry about it. I assume the above are pink quartz?

I like amethysts because I just really love the purple colour - it's a different kind of purple to sapphires and garnets (though I do love purple garnets).
yes pink quartz

llamacat

Rough_Rock
@landscape, would you happen to have any green mali garnets? would love to see them if you do

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results