shape
carat
color
clarity

Gabrielle Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jutdean

Rough_Rock
Well after spending days studying this website and others, I finally went out and braved the jewelry stores. I started with the band and ended up getting a Fillagee (sp?). After that, it was time to look at diamonds. After browsing through about 10 diamonds, the gemologist showed me a diamond I didn't remember reading about. It was the Gabrielle diamond and it was beautiful! The brilliance in that diamond just blew away the other diamonds I saw that day. I told him to hold that diamond and I spent the weekend mulling it over (since this diamond put me over my budget). The money hasn't been paid, but I am having the stone set. Its .64, color F, si1. I can't remember the angles, but the reflection was amazing, better than any other diamond he had available. The diamond cost about $2,000. Any one familiar with the Gabrielle Diamond? I am starting to think it sounds too good to be true.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Jutdean,

What is the shape of your diamond?[/u]

jutdean

Rough_Rock
It is a round cut.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Be sure the stone is being examined so that the back is shaded, light entering the rear of a loose diamond can make it loook more brilliant than it will when it is set. Ususllay the appeal of a Gabrielle is the romantic patterns in the stone; they are not renown for brilliance.
Consider buying a $20 www.ideal-scope to check for leakage.

jutdean

Rough_Rock
I plan on purchasing the ideal scope and the return policy seems very good at this store. I wish I had the ideal scope over the weekend, but I only learned of it this past Wednesday. Has anyone viewed a Gabrielle Diamond through an ideal scope?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have, and as I said you would buy these stones for reasons other than the fantastic brilliance/ light return.

They have a different type of scintillation, and they also have Gabi Tolkowsky, who is a larger than life person - a true romantic gentleman who designs and cuts these stones with his heart and soul.
Me - I am just a boring analytic bloke :)

SoCal

Rough_Rock
Hi Jutdean,

I looked at a Gabrielle round the other day and they wanted $7,800 for the loose stone, it was .8 f1 I think. Seems really high. Where did you shop for yours?

Thanks,
SoCal

whirled

Rough_Rock
Jutdean,
I have a Gabrielle diamond and I think it's beautiful! (check out the topic under Class 1a cut). Also check out this web site that one of the wonderful advisors here gave:
http://www.gabriellediamonds.com/home/default.asp

Should give you a good idea of what kind of cut you're dealing with. The sparkle is definately different. To me, it looks like the brightness is intensified, kinda like looking straight into a flashlight (ok, that's exaggerating, but you know what I mean). My diamond is a G, SI2. The cut really conceals the inclusions well (to naked eye), so your SI1 should not be a problem at all!

andria

woman1

Rough_Rock
I've seen the Gabrielle at Fey & Co. in Naperville, IL. These diamonds are different because they are said to have 105 facets, while other diamonds normally have 58.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The number of facets is not so important. More is not neccessarily better.
I examined and tested a 221 facet stone the other day. the Brilliant Lady. it is interesting, but needs a little more development because some of the facets actually appear too large - even though there are soooo many!!

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
Garry, I have seen those too. Much too busy for my taste. I really wonder how they arrived at that design. Most of the time it seems like these new cuts are just adding facets as an attention-getting ploy. 221 facets just strikes me as silly--where is it going to end?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results