shape
carat
color
clarity

Gabrielle Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jutdean

Rough_Rock
Well after spending days studying this website and others, I finally went out and braved the jewelry stores. I started with the band and ended up getting a Fillagee (sp?). After that, it was time to look at diamonds. After browsing through about 10 diamonds, the gemologist showed me a diamond I didn't remember reading about. It was the Gabrielle diamond and it was beautiful! The brilliance in that diamond just blew away the other diamonds I saw that day. I told him to hold that diamond and I spent the weekend mulling it over (since this diamond put me over my budget). The money hasn't been paid, but I am having the stone set. Its .64, color F, si1. I can't remember the angles, but the reflection was amazing, better than any other diamond he had available. The diamond cost about $2,000. Any one familiar with the Gabrielle Diamond? I am starting to think it sounds too good to be true.

Hi Jutdean,

What is the shape of your diamond?[/u]

It is a round cut.

Be sure the stone is being examined so that the back is shaded, light entering the rear of a loose diamond can make it loook more brilliant than it will when it is set. Ususllay the appeal of a Gabrielle is the romantic patterns in the stone; they are not renown for brilliance.
Consider buying a $20 www.ideal-scope to check for leakage.

I plan on purchasing the ideal scope and the return policy seems very good at this store. I wish I had the ideal scope over the weekend, but I only learned of it this past Wednesday. Has anyone viewed a Gabrielle Diamond through an ideal scope?

I have, and as I said you would buy these stones for reasons other than the fantastic brilliance/ light return.

They have a different type of scintillation, and they also have Gabi Tolkowsky, who is a larger than life person - a true romantic gentleman who designs and cuts these stones with his heart and soul.
Me - I am just a boring analytic bloke :)

Hi Jutdean,

I looked at a Gabrielle round the other day and they wanted $7,800 for the loose stone, it was .8 f1 I think. Seems really high. Where did you shop for yours?

Thanks,
SoCal

Jutdean,
I have a Gabrielle diamond and I think it's beautiful! (check out the topic under Class 1a cut). Also check out this web site that one of the wonderful advisors here gave:
http://www.gabriellediamonds.com/home/default.asp

Should give you a good idea of what kind of cut you're dealing with. The sparkle is definately different. To me, it looks like the brightness is intensified, kinda like looking straight into a flashlight (ok, that's exaggerating, but you know what I mean). My diamond is a G, SI2. The cut really conceals the inclusions well (to naked eye), so your SI1 should not be a problem at all!

andria

I've seen the Gabrielle at Fey & Co. in Naperville, IL. These diamonds are different because they are said to have 105 facets, while other diamonds normally have 58.

The number of facets is not so important. More is not neccessarily better.
I examined and tested a 221 facet stone the other day. the Brilliant Lady. it is interesting, but needs a little more development because some of the facets actually appear too large - even though there are soooo many!!

Garry, I have seen those too. Much too busy for my taste. I really wonder how they arrived at that design. Most of the time it seems like these new cuts are just adding facets as an attention-getting ploy. 221 facets just strikes me as silly--where is it going to end?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP