shape
carat
color
clarity

Gabriel & Co Halo - please help me choose setting

malish985

Shiny_Rock
Hello all - I've been looking at settings for close to a month and have been getting quite discouraged. I'm having a tough time buying something online as I don't feel comfortable buying something without seeing it on my finger. I finally found a vendor in my area that sells Gabriel & Co settings and was able to try one of the settings (same as Farleysmom [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-my-halo-reset-of-my-rhr.173641/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-my-halo-reset-of-my-rhr.173641/[/URL])

So I have 2 settings from Gabriel & Co that I like

http://www.gabrielny.com/engaged/style/ER8271W44JJ
Pros - looks like less metal is visible between stones, melee (from calculation) is about 2 1/2 pointers which I like. My stone is 2.22
Cons - the basket isn't as fancy, sits low, didn't see it in real life
Not sure what the width of the shank is but I gather its about 2.5 mm as the stones I'm calculating to be 2 1/2 pointers.

http://www.gabrielny.com/engaged/style/ER6304W83JJ
Pros- saw in real life, LOOOVE the undergallery and that it sits higher, shank is 2.4mm which is what i want as I have longer fingers
Cons - looks to be more metal, when i saw in person i noticed that on the shank especially i could see the metal, melee is 1.5 pointers

Ultimately I'd like the melee to be around 2 pointers

What are your thoughts. I also wonder if Gabriel and co does any customizations

Thanks

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I love the gallery of the second one so that gets my vote. Gabriel & Co does do customizations so I would find out what it costs to go with bigger melee in the second option.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
The second one looks much more elegant to me for some reason. I think the first one comes off as a little squat.

malish985

Shiny_Rock
do you notice the metal being more apparent in option 2 or is it just me?
Thanks

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
malish985|1352137112|3299115 said:
do you notice the metal being more apparent in option 2 or is it just me?
Thanks

Maybe a little, but without seeing them in person it's hard to tell if it's just the angle/quality of the image.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You seem to really love the profile and height of the second setting, so I think you should go for that one. As for the metal, I really can't see a big difference between the two. It looks like it has claw prongs too, which is nice.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have also seen the second one IRL and it is a beautiful halo setting! I saw (and tried it on!) at IDJ, when I was in NYC last week. I know you have a vendor but if you are interested, I'd suggest perhaps calling Yekutiel and asking if the stones can be upgraded. He was INCREDIBLY helpful and I think you'd be very impressed with the PS quality he can get for you!!

bernersnuggler

Rough_Rock
This is too funny. I have been agonizing over the exact two settings that you are looking at! I actually saw the first setting you posted that is the lower set of the two. I actually opted for the second setting since I found the first just sat a little too low for me. Seeing Farleys mom setting here on pricescope sealed the deal for me. I have a 1.31 G SI1 with GOG waiting for the setting to be custom made by Gabriel NY since that setting for some reason does not come with a 7 mm head. Gabriel NY will apparently customize any of their rings.
The setting should have been ready today but with the disaster in NY it looks like I will be waiting a little longer. Will post pics when I receive the ring!
I don't know who you have been dealing with but Jonathan and Lynda at GOG have been a pleasure to deal with. Very prompt with returning emails and helpful with any concerns I have had :appl:

malish985

Shiny_Rock
bernersnuggler|1352210738|3299767 said:
This is too funny. I have been agonizing over the exact two settings that you are looking at! I actually saw the first setting you posted that is the lower set of the two. I actually opted for the second setting since I found the first just sat a little too low for me. Seeing Farleys mom setting here on pricescope sealed the deal for me. I have a 1.31 G SI1 with GOG waiting for the setting to be custom made by Gabriel NY since that setting for some reason does not come with a 7 mm head. Gabriel NY will apparently customize any of their rings.
The setting should have been ready today but with the disaster in NY it looks like I will be waiting a little longer. Will post pics when I receive the ring!
I don't know who you have been dealing with but Jonathan and Lynda at GOG have been a pleasure to deal with. Very prompt with returning emails and helpful with any concerns I have had :appl:

Oh thank you so much for replying! I'm leaning towards setting 2, but am trying to find out if Gabriel and Co is willing to larger size melee (i want 2 pointers).
But now I'm also considering ERD's Noel - i'm driving myself, my hubby, and my mom CRAZY :roll:

bernersnuggler

Rough_Rock
Bahaha!!! I have basically given myself a bleeding ulcer due to my indecisiveness. I like the Noel, but I prefer when the wedding band can lie flush along the ER. Almost passed out when I finally had to order a setting. So pathetic! My fiance to be and Mother are ready to smack me silly over this also! Fiance to be narrowed it down choosing the higher setting. I may also choose to wear some colored diamond stacking bands with it also so its nice to have that option!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results