shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally -- my halo reset of my RHR

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
I bought a very pretty 2.5 ct M SI1 last year and had it set into a temporary 6-prong solitaire setting. It is an older stone (not sure if it is a tranny) :confused: and has very chunky flashes. I just didn't like the way it looked in the plain setting (too much like a traditional ering) and it never sat flush with any band. After looking at all the beautiful halo settings here on PS, I decided to set it into a halo setting made by Gabriel and Company. The ring is 18k with .50 ctw of VS1/VS2 melee. My initial concern with the halo was how my M colour stone would look against the G/H colour of the stones in the halo. I think it turned out rather well. Sorry for the onslaught of photos to follow. :tongue: Thanks for looking.

The first photo is the original 6-prong setting for reference.

reset12011.jpg.JPG

IMG_4951.JPG

IMG_4887.JPG

IMG_4890.JPG

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry.....just a few more photos.

IMG_4900.JPG

IMG_4906.JPG

IMG_4910.JPG

IMG_4922.JPG

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Last one. The band is the previously loved band I purchased from Dreamer_D. :naughty:

IMG_4936.JPG

Eilonwy

Shiny_Rock
Love it :love: the wedding band looks great with it as well, I think that the larger wb balances the look out and I prefer it to a thinner wb in this case.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Your beautiful diamond looks perfect in its new home!! I agree that the halo works much better for a RHR than a traditional solitaire. I love the profile of that setting too :love: :love: :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks great Farley! *Very* different from the plain solitaire - ditto stargurl, it does look a lot more RHRey. How are you adjusting to the extra bling? :cheeky:

The G&Co. setting is beautiful :love:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks great!! I looove that setting!!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Eilonwy - thank you for your kind comments. I tried on a variety of bands but like the look of the. 07 pointers the best. The new setting allows the band to tuck under the halo and sit flush.

Stargurl78 - I'm glad you like the halo as well for a RHR. I must have tried on this setting 10 times over the past year while debating on a reset.

Yssie - Thank you. Although I've not had the ring very long, so far I'm happy with the quality of the Gabriel and Company setting. I guess time will be the ultimate test as to how well the melee setting holds up. As for the bling factor, what can I say, it is a very substantial and different look and I'm enjoying wearing it.

Amys Bling. - thanks. I love it too! It gives my "m" color a very pretty antique look.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out lovely, love it. Very blingy now!

A gorgeous stone by the way!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love it! Your stone looks wonderful in the mount, it has a perfect antiquey feel. And I had not seen such nice photos of your RB before. It is beautiful. It definitely has shot lower facets, but whether it is a true antique or not we may never know!

I am smitten with a particular Gabriel and co. mount, so am happy to see you have a positive opinion of its quality.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the new reset! Does this new setting sit pretty flush w/ your eternity band? How will you wear it?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks fabulous in that halo!! :lickout:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love it! It's a gorgeous setting for a gorgeous stone!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
...GASP!!....
oh

my

GOODNESS!!!
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

That is stunning stunning STUNNING in that halo setting! I literally did go WHOA when I saw the reset - INCREDIBLE! You must be so thrilled to be sporting that now!

I love the scroll work on the head. Really enhances the antique feel. Love the way it pairs so beautifully with your WB.
Congrats - good job Farleysmom!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Bright ice, tyty333, starrynight, laila619 and yennyfire -- thank you all for your nice comments. It's a so nice to be able to share with others who can appreciate all styles of bling, even if it isn't their taste.

Dreamer_D -- Thanks. I also like the antiquey feel the ring now has. This setting is definitely a better match to the personality of the stone. I was surprised that the photos actually came out not half bad. I just wish I had your photo skills. My photos never seem to do justice to the jewelry pieces. BTW inquiring minds want to know......what God&Co setting are you looking at and for what project?

Mom2boys -- Thank you. The eternity band does sit flush with this setting. I'll probably wear this ring with either my 1.0 ctw eternity band or my 10 stone band that was previously loved by dreamer_d.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it Farlysmom, it is a stunner! I love the basket! It is pretty and a little different and kind of antique looking. Beautiful!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Lovely!

cheers-=-Sharon

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, this is just gorgeous!! I loved your stone in the solitaire setting, but this combination is a knock-out! I love it Farleysmom, you made a great choice - and your pics are fantastic! :love: :love: :love:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Farleysmom, this is my dream ring :love: ...I admire many different kinds of rings here on PS and i acknowledge their beauty, but this specific ring is the one and only that i'd wish to have for me.....one day maybe... ;-)
Huge congrats on a perfect reset...And i mean P.E.R.F.E.C.T. :appl:

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Enerchi, Canuk-gal, luv2sparkle and junebug. I'm so happy to hear that others like this choice of setting. I can often be over the top in some of my bling choices but really wanted this to be a forever setting. I really liked the scroll work on the basket and it was one of the things that drew me to this mount.

NatyLad -- you are soooo sweet and kind....thank you! I'm very happy with my choice. I love all the custom mountings posted here by Leon,VC, and SK, but just didn't want to ship cross-border to have the work done. I've looked at this setting many times the past year and kept going back to it so knew it was the one for me.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! Love the profile view!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
You have such a great collection! I just love your reset! gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!! :love:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful.....so big & beautiful! An awesome combination! :love:

fridays_child

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, it's a very pretty ring! I'm often curious about warmer stones set with higher color melee, I agree with you, it turned out great.

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Lknvrb4, purplesilk, alene, Christina, Mayk and Fridays child.....thank you all for your kind words. I just love PSers, everyone is so nice and supportive.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow! I have been recommending Gabriel and Co. here a lot lately, and I am really happy to see how GORGEOUS that setting is with your diamond in it!!! :love: I think it looks like great quality and the underside is just beautiful!!! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results