shape
carat
color
clarity

G versus I diamond color. Is it worth a trade in for an upgrade?

ARN70

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I agree, I would not be happy with this either. Did they maybe set it too low? Or is the setting too big for your diamond, seems strange.

The prongs look lovely though.

The prongs do look better. I also told them the view of the bars needed correction too. They didn’t do it.

So I have to email them again.

Do you have a diplomatic way I should respond?

I’m thinking:

Thank you changing the prongs. They are beautiful.

However, the bars are still visible from the top view of the setting.

Please revise the setting to match how it is shown on the website.

See attached pictures.

Thank you.

I don’t want to come off as a difficult “B”, but I also don’t want a setting that was very expensive that does not look like what I thought I was getting.

ARN70

Shiny_Rock
Trade
And, is it just me, or does the band look wider?

I’m tempted to just tell them to send my diamond and setting back. Get mine fixed. Or go look at settings in stores and pick something different.

Attachments

• 25563BC6-64B7-48D8-9F4F-37EEA42C3B79.jpeg
    25563BC6-64B7-48D8-9F4F-37EEA42C3B79.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 11

ARN70

Shiny_Rock
Trade
No, you're not being too picky. I would not want to see that metal from the top-down view either.

I emailed them. They’re getting their master jeweler to fix it.

They probably hate me.

sugarcloud

Shiny_Rock
I emailed them. They’re getting their master jeweler to fix it.

They probably hate me.

No don't stress I am sure that they get a lot of requests for tweaks and corrections. We are all obsessed with jewellery here and undertsand how frustrating it is when things turn out differently to what you were expecting.

ARN70

Shiny_Rock
Trade
YES!!! This looks so much better. The petite claws and the hidden bars. Makes such a difference.

I’ve requested a front picture. I’d love to see the crown profile. But… I might be asking for too much.

Just one image I haven’t seen yet.

B72B04E0-EE0C-4C7A-BD80-FBFBEF785A8D.jpeg

ARN70

Shiny_Rock
Trade
From that:

1658180843295.jpeg

To this.

1658180932657.jpeg

I’m obsessive about details. To my eyes these tweaks make a huge difference.

How do they fix that? Set the diamond higher?

ARN70

Shiny_Rock
Trade
No don't stress I am sure that they get a lot of requests for tweaks and corrections. We are all obsessed with jewellery here and undertsand how frustrating it is when things turn out differently to what you were expecting.

What do you think of the new images?

ARN70

Shiny_Rock
Trade

Just hope they don’t think I’m a “bridezilla” nitpicking details that may go unnoticed.

sugarcloud

Shiny_Rock
It looks gorgeous!!! I love the prongs so much, I think I might go for petite claw prongs when I upgrade my diamond one day! The tiny details definilty make a huge difference, so excited for you!!

Last edited:

ARN70

Shiny_Rock
Trade
It looks gorgeous!!! I love the prongs so much, I think I might go for petite prongs when I upgrade my diamond one day! The tiny details definilty make a huge difference, so excited for you!!

I can’t wait to get it!
:kiss2:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ARN70 do not worry about being nitpicky! We are your people.
I think it looks gorgeous now!! Hope you love it when you see it! :)

ARN70

Shiny_Rock
Trade
@ARN70 do not worry about being nitpicky! We are your people.
I think it looks gorgeous now!! Hope you love it when you see it! :)

Thank you!

I really appreciate everyone’s help and advice.

I’m about to give the approval and tell ‘em to send it my way!!!

I wanted to see the front view- the tulip basket. The view I haven’t seen yet. Do I ask for that pic or just tell them to send it?

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it were me, I'd definitely wait to see that profile photo before giving approval for shipment -- I am surprised WF didn't send it as a matter of course but particularly in this case where there have been quite a few issues with the setting.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d ask for the profile picture too @ARN70

sugarcloud

Shiny_Rock
If it were me, I'd definitely wait to see that profile photo before giving approval for shipment -- I am surprised WF didn't send it as a matter of course but particularly in this case where there have been quite a few issues with the setting.

If you want to see the different angles then yes definitely ask for them. It is always better to confirm things before they send it off than to deal with regrets afterwards. It will also save WF the dramas of any returns or things like that so I am sure they would be more than happy to send more photo, in fact I know this because i did the same thing with my ring and they happily obliged

ARN70

Shiny_Rock
Trade
If you want to see the different angles then yes definitely ask for them. It is always better to confirm things before they send it off than to deal with regrets afterwards. It will also save WF the dramas of any returns or things like that so I am sure they would be more than happy to send more photo, in fact I know this because i did the same thing with my ring and they happily obliged

Email sent requesting pictures at all angles.

I was surprised too. I only got the top view and this side view.

Thank you everyone for your advice.

E3ADF545-9EFD-4ECD-B32D-FFCCC5DABE47.jpeg

ARN70

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I’m sure they’re ready to be done with me.

Kya

Shiny_Rock
I’m sure they’re ready to be done with me.

Don’t be too sure ;-) They are used to this. Their entire niche is on a perfectionist premise, offering the best of the best stones. So it would only make sense to set the stones accordingly.

Seemingly small factors can make a significant difference overall. With workmanship, sometimes it is even difficult to pinpoint a problem due to size, yet something can be messing with symmetry. Prongs are small but are a key component of a ring’s aesthetic, they literally frame the diamond. Side view is definitely worth seeing.

Ultimately sending you a picture should be worth it to them because it can help avoid the return shipping cost and hassle for tweaks and repairs.

Last edited:

sugarcloud

Shiny_Rock
Don’t be too sure ;-) They are used to this. Their entire niche is on a perfectionist premise, offering the best of the best stones. So it would only make sense to set the stones accordingly.

Seemingly small factors can make a significant difference overall. With workmanship, sometimes it is even difficult to pinpoint a problem due to size, yet something can be messing with symmetry. Prongs are small but are a key component of a ring’s aesthetic, they literally frame the diamond. Side view is definitely worth seeing.

Ultimately sending you a picture should be worth it to them because it can help avoid the return shipping cost and hassle for tweaks and repairs.

100% agree! My ring is very modest compared to all the beauties here and it took me literally years to finally go ahead with my order. My emails would literally start with "Hi, it's me again!" A tonne of questions and back and forth and finally I got my ring. I'm sure the day I upgrade it will be another never ending process, but everyone at WF is so lovely and patient that no question was too silly or ridiculous.

ARN70

Shiny_Rock
Trade
100% agree! My ring is very modest compared to all the beauties here and it took me literally years to finally go ahead with my order. My emails would literally start with "Hi, it's me again!" A tonne of questions and back and forth and finally I got my ring. I'm sure the day I upgrade it will be another never ending process, but everyone at WF is so lovely and patient that no question was too silly or ridiculous.

Thank you.
I’ve sent them tons of questions myself and now requests for all these tweaks. I don’t want to come off petty.

Reactions: Kya

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending top- and side-view photos should be standard, and I think with WF is the norm -- not sure why they failed to follow their own practice this time.

Keep in mind you weren't asking for tweaks -- you were asking them to build the setting as shown on their website and per your order -- WF failed in their first attempts and you had to go back and ask that they provide what they actually listed -- in a sense, you had to do WF's Q&A process, as IMO these things should have been clearly obvious as sub-par/inconsistent with the item parameters.

Last edited:

ARN70

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Here are the pics they just sent

@marymm
@sugarcloud
@Anne93
@Slickk

Thoughts? See any issues? Ready to hit approval?

Thank you everyone for your help, advice, and support!

58E616A0-A5B7-49DC-89B0-128B87720191.jpeg

Attachments

• 80EB74B2-9508-4096-83CF-EBBE66A3C939.jpeg
    80EB74B2-9508-4096-83CF-EBBE66A3C939.jpeg
    599.5 KB · Views: 32
  • F50E6C81-C753-42A0-8080-8B119BCE25AA.jpeg
    F50E6C81-C753-42A0-8080-8B119BCE25AA.jpeg
    579.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

ARN70

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Here are the pics they just sent

@marymm
@sugarcloud
@Anne93
@Slickk

Thoughts? See any issues? Ready to hit approval?

If I approve today, they’re going to overnight it so hopefully I can get it by Friday before our vacation to San Diego

Thank you everyone for your help, advice, and support!

Last edited:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks fantastic to me!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Based on these pics, yes, I would approve for shipment.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ARN70 looks pretty perfect to me!! Love it!

Kya

Shiny_Rock
These pics look just right, everything looks neatly done and proportionate to your stone. Hope it makes it to you on time!

ARN70

Shiny_Rock
Trade
These pics look just right, everything looks neatly done and proportionate to your stone. Hope it makes it to you on time!

It’s been prepared for overnight shipping. I should have it tomorrow! :mrgreen2:

ARN70

Shiny_Rock
Trade
It’s here! Picked up after work.

WOW. The detailing is amazing. It looks much more “delicate” than I imagined. Exquisitely crafted. My fiancé’s said it makes the diamond look bigger. An unexpected design feature is from the side the diamond looks like it’s floating over my finger.

I can’t get a good picture of it with my phone. They’re all blurry. Will try tomorrow in the sunlight. It’s better than I expected. The basket is what I thought I loved so much about the design. It’s gorgeous, but the side view - the diamond daintily hovering over my finger, wow. Was not expecting that.

How does Vatche do this?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results