shape
carat
color
clarity

G sidestones with J center stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

taman25thc02

Rough_Rock
We picked out a Verragio pave setting that has the pave style diamonds going up the setting. They are small round diamonds(.4 carat total) and the setting is white gold. Will a J center stone stand out in a negative way since the sidestone''s are G''s? Or are they so small compared to what the center will be(btwn 1.15 and 1.25 round) Many have seen my previous posts but the diamond will be a WF ACA.

DBM

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/7/2007 10:14:42 PM
Author:taman25thc02
We picked out a Verragio pave setting that has the pave style diamonds going up the setting. They are small round diamonds(.4 carat total) and the setting is white gold. Will a J center stone stand out in a negative way since the sidestone''s are G''s? Or are they so small compared to what the center will be(btwn 1.15 and 1.25 round) Many have seen my previous posts but the diamond will be a WF ACA.
if they''re really small diamonds, like 2 ptrs, i doubt that someone really held them all to a color card and verified their G color. Often in a parcel of small stones like that you''ll have a mix of approx G-H-I throughout. It''s best to try and pick the closer matches when you can. It''s a matter of having a diligent professional jeweler I think.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't think the color difference will be noticible, especially with pave'. Here's 8mm J center with baguettes of least G white. The center is just a little bit tinted compared to the sides. (bad photo has a blue or green tint but I didn't take it)

J_GH.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmmm I wouldn''t do it. I *love* the color of my J stone but really the smaller the stone they whiter they tend to face up anyway... now if you were saying a G center stone and J side stones it would probably be fine but to do it in the reverse keep in mind it will likely be noticable. Less noticble if it is a round center stone, but still....

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2007 11:26:44 PM
Author: AdaBeta27
I don''t think the color difference will be noticible, especially with pave''. Here''s 8mm J center with baguettes of least G white. The center is just a little bit tinted compared to the sides. (bad photo has a blue or green tint but I didn''t take it)
when the larger stone is darker you can usually get away with it but I don''t know that I''d do it in reverse, especially if it isn''t pave but genuine side stones.

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
I have a J center stone with F-G princess side stones and I do not notice any difference or color variations.

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
Actually Neil Beaty of AGR discussed this the other night. Lower color center stones with higher color accents. J/K center stones with E/F melee is what we were talking about. And Neil said that combination gives rings a very unique look.

I asked specifically because I'm looking for a lower color stone when I get ready to purchase. And I too was a bit concerned how it might look,........ The larger, lower color center stone with smaller, higher color accents. But Neil said it's perfectly fine.

Hope I got the higher/lower thing right.
33.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it will be perfectly fine!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
It will be fine! I promise you!
I have had 2 different settings with my J colored center stone (which is an AGS-0, 2.36 RB) and in the first setting I had 3 and 5 pointer melee, and in my current setting, I have <2 pointers. All the melee (both settings) have been WF ACA melee, E-F-G color... and they''ve all been gorgeous. NO WORRIES!

46wffishtailpave1.jpg

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
It would definetly be something that would bother me. I would always be searching for the difference between the center and sidestones. So for me, this combination would never work. Even if the difference was hard to see. It would be a mind issue.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It doesn''t bother me in the least. I''m another J center stone G side stone wearer.

cmsset15.JPG

DBM

Shiny_Rock
i think the issue is more how it will look in fluoroscent environments. The majority of these pics were taken in the yellow sun or under incandascent lights...

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
I have a J center stone (1.19) with 2 1/4 ct G sidestones and cannot tell a difference at all. Face up, you probably won''t see any color difference. From the side you may see a slight tint, but nothing over the top.

I say go for it, but if you are really color sensitive, maybe go a little higher in color for the center. Good luck!
face23.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results