shape
carat
color
clarity

Future (or present) children''s names

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kbaker

Shiny_Rock
We''ve decided to use our "baby" name for our next doggie instead. Her name will be Makena- named after Makena Beach in maui. Either way, I Love the name for a dog or a kid.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the name Makena, so pretty. Cymbrie told me my name on PS in Hawaii is pronounced Kahlay. I love the sound of that. I knew when I was young if I had a daughter her name would be Ashley. Our son is named Robert but we call him Rob. It was the only name we could agree on. I was named get this, Alice. Yup I hate it. But was called Lisa from birth. I was named after my grandmother Nanny who many of you know about. She doesn''t go by Alice either. Her nickname is Bunny. I so wanted to change my name but my mom said it was bad luck. Maybe I should add that to the supersticious thread, haha.
3.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kaleigh, I actually LOVE the name Alice for a girl! Now you''ve got me thinking....

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
My daughters'' names are

Sabine Hiver (pronounced sah-bean-ah eve-air) Hiver is the french word for winter, and is a nod to when she was born and her french-canadian heritage, and

Naomi Michaela We (I) wanted to give Naomi the name Zoe Sofia instead, but Zoe was awfully popular in the SF Bay Area at the time, and Michael just wouldn''t go for Sofia.

Also, we wanted the first names to be old -- a minimum of 2000 years old -- don''t ask why, that was our thinking then, a name that has REALLY stood the test of time.

We wanted names that would stand on their own instead of being turned into nicknames. Little did we know at the time that 1) only europeans can reliably pronounce and spell Sabine correctly, 2) Naomi only has about a 50% chance of her name being pronounced and spelled correctly as well.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sabine is a beautiful name!

My brother wanted to name me, Starblanket-Dakota-Wolfchild, after a Sesame Street episode he saw when my mom was pregnant with me when he was 3 and a half, lol!

My mom wanted to name me Heather, because it was her mom''s favorite flower. Her MIL wanted to name me Lorrie Lynn. My mom just told me 2 or 3 years ago that she decided on Heather Rene (Rene spelled in the masculine form just to spite my grandmother, because it was her second choice after Lorrie Lynn.) Jeez! I took 4 years of French in high school and always thought my mom was a little clueless until she told me she''d done it on purpose!

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Everyone has such wonderful names!! I posted in the other thread about baby names, I just had a baby in Dec. and I left it up to DH what to name him. DH is a fourth and I didn''t want to be the one responsible for breaking the name! We ended up naming our new son Zeke Finn. Dh decided not to carry on the name which we both feel was the right dec. (DH''s name is Wilbur Clark, goes by Clark, which I like!) Our 3 year old DD''s name is Eden Grace.
Friends childrens names:

Elijah Lake
Jaida Breeze
Zion Josiah
Jagger Paul
Jaida Brooke
Aydia
Marrissa
Julia
Maddisen Steale

The names we had picken out for a girl, had out newest been a girl were Sofia or Mya Raine I still love those names but I think I might be done having babies!!!

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Forgot to mention another friends choice of names for her kids, Zalia and Xavier, Love those names!!!!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
We''ve decided on Andrew Bailey and Christian Matthew (or James) for any sons, but daughter''s names are still up for grabs. We like Kathryn (Kat), Alexandra (Alex), and Megan. I really like the name Logan, but unfortunately, that''s my husband''s last name, so we really can''t have a Logan Logan!

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
My youngest son is 10 and he already has 2 friends named Aiden ... there are also quite a few Liams in his age group, and (for some reason), several "Willie"s (isn''t that cute)?
2.gif

Also, Max, Sam and Jack - solid, no-nonsense names - seem to be popular and IMO are just adorable for boys.

BTW, my youngest son''s name is Preston - a name we still love, and it comes with a cool nickname (i.e., "Presto").

My daughter is Morgan ... a name we also love because Morgan has such a nice classic sound to it, even after 14 years ...

Just thought I''d share ...
28.gif

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I love the name Jack. But that''s my doggie''s name!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
My kids'' names are Jayson Gilbert and Lauren Grace. Jayson was named after my husband, because hubby''s name is Jay, and it''s his firstborn son. Gilbert is my dad''s name, and I think the 2 names sound great together. Lauren''s name is one that I just love, it''s not a faily name, but Grace is my mom''s name, which went well with Lauren.

We named the kid''s middle names after my parents because they were already getting their last name from Jay''s family. We don''t really call them by their names though.....Jayson is known as Tweety (tweety bird in the WB cartoons) because of he looked like tweety when he was born. We call Lauren Lolo because it''s cute and appropriate for her age.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Well, we were going to name our son Aidan if we had one, but then we decided it may be odd to have kids with irish names (irish, righ?) when we''re both hispanic. We had decided on a name for a girl years ago, when we were watching a tv show with his nephews (Parker and Spencer). The name for our girl is going to be Dannen (yes, pronounced like the yogurt), and the middle name Ora, after my grandmother. We really like the name Brennan for a boy. With the middle name Pete after my BF''s late father. We''ve been so afraid people are going to steal our names! Lame, I know..
20.gif
You know how it is, eh? Hm, Brennan and Dannen. Huh. I know a family that has girls named Avery, Darren, and Ryan!

E B

Ideal_Rock
I love Avery! Too bad my fiance doesn''t. I also love Julia, mentioned a couple posts up.

My fiance is SO, so picky when it comes to names. He hates almost everything I mention, so I told him that when I''m pregnant, I''ll buy him a baby book. He can make a list of names he likes and I''ll choose from there (I''m the one giving birth, it''s only fair, right?
31.gif
).

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I love Avery too. And Darren is just the cutest little girl, too. They also have a girl named Marley. I think Julia is a beautiful regal name! I was supposed to be a Heather or a Sarah, but then my parents decided to name me Amber. Amber Marie (it was going to be Mary Lou!) Brown. I sound like a freakin'' stripper.

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
My husband named our firstborn as we''d thought we were having a girl and had liked Morgan or Madeleine. Of course he came out face up so we saw right away there was extra equipment so as I was lying on the table my husband says what about Tyler.
I named the other two- Jake Thomas and Owen Albert as I didn''t like any of the names my husband came up with
9.gif
He wanted Keith or Kevin and I wasn''t keen
14.gif

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
My oldest son is Dylan Jude , my b/g twins are Liam Nicholas and Olivia Faith

RedRaider

Rough_Rock
My sister named her daughter Claire Elizabeth, and she named her son John Patrick "Jack." She really liked the name Jack, but she thought it was a nickname not a "real" name. I like those names because they''re traditional, no-nonsense, easy to pronounce names.

I''m an educator, and each year the names get weirder, freakier, and just downright obnoxious. It''s like everyone wants their child''s name to be the most unique, and that''s fine. But to completely make up a name and spell it in an off-the-wall way is just mean to the kid.
38.gif
There are so many kids who''s names areconstantly mispronounced and misspelled because their parents wanted them to be different.

Okay, I''m off my soap box now...

By the way, when DH and I have kids, we plan to name our daughter either Evelyn Rose or Elise Rose. Our son will be William Randell after each of our grandfathers.
17.gif

RedRaider

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
My son is Christopher Nino. Nino is after my DH's deceased father and Christopher was the only boy's name we could agree on. If he was a girl it would have been Christina or Paulina and the middle name Joan (after my deceased mother). He is Chris to everyone but family now so names do get shortened, whether you want them to be or not!

Heather

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2006 12:24:52 PM
Author: AmberWaves
I love Avery too. And Darren is just the cutest little girl, too. They also have a girl named Marley. I think Julia is a beautiful regal name! I was supposed to be a Heather or a Sarah, but then my parents decided to name me Amber. Amber Marie (it was going to be Mary Lou!) Brown. I sound like a freakin'' stripper.
LOL I can identify - I was supposed to be Roxanne!! LOLOL

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
My BF and I have a hard time finding names that each of us like. But these are the names that I love! For a girl Meredith (after my grandfather) and Emma. For a boy Owen Mathias, and Zachary. I love the name Luke, but it would not go with my BF''s last name
8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results