shape
carat
color
clarity

Future (or present) children''s names

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone here already picked out the names for their future children?

My fiance and I picked them out well before we were even engaged. We want two boys or possibly two boys and a girl, though you never know what will happen. We''ve already picked Alexander "Lex" Thomas and Aiden James. For a girl, I love Alyssa but no clue on the middle name yet. I want "Lynn" because my mother and grandmother''s name is Lynda, but my FFIL name''s is Lynn, so not sure about that yet.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think there was another thread on this but i don''t remember what it was called or where it was...but it had alot of responses! :)

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Searching "baby names," the closest that I can find is a thread on unusual baby names like Apple Paltrow. (It does have a lot of responses though.)

My BF and I have spent the last 6-7 months picking out a puppy name, so I hate to think of what we''ll be like when it comes time to pick out baby names. We were seriously considering Aiden Walker Hislastname for a son, but then I read that Aiden was the most popular name for male babies in 2005. As someone who often had 3 or more girls in the same class with her name, I''m not sure that I want to name my kids something so popular. Not to dissuade you from using it though -- I love the way it sounds.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it may be that old thread on Baby Names...it was so long and I think it started out ''unusual, but there were a few pages on what you''d name your child as well in there.

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Hm, it was probably before my time or I just missed it. I didn''t start coming around to this part of the site until recently.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe it was in the family home and health forum?? I remember it but don''t recall the title??

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
That's possible, and I don't think I've ever been in there.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Oh well, no harm in creating a new thread.
9.gif

We have a hard time agreeing on names. With girl names, it''s nearly impossible, but we both really love one: Claire. Boys names are a bit easier, and we were able to agree on several: Henry, Elliott, William, and Timothy, to name a few....

I love Aiden too, but it''s so incredibly popular.

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 12:23:49 AM
Author: EBree
Oh well, no harm in creating a new thread.
9.gif

We have a hard time agreeing on names. With girl names, it''s nearly impossible, but we both really love one: Claire. Boys names are a bit easier, and we were able to agree on several: Henry, Elliott, William, and Timothy, to name a few....

I love Aiden too, but it''s so incredibly popular.

Very classic names, always great choices. Kind of like with Alexander. I''ve always loved the name, but I don''t really like any of the nicknames associated with it. Thats when we decided on "Lex."

It Aiden common? I don''t know anyone with that name and have only seen a few people on tv with it.

On a sidenote, my mom has already picked out a name for my new sibling if its a little boy. Connor, I really like it.
9.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 12:26:56 AM
Author: XChick03

It Aiden common? I don''t know anyone with that name and have only seen a few people on tv with it.

I don''t personally know anyone with that name, but none of my friends have started having children. I just read about it in an article.

My guess is that Sex and the City popularized it. Their main demographic is probably the right age to be naming babies.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 12:23:49 AM

Very classic names, always great choices. Kind of like with Alexander. I've always loved the name, but I don't really like any of the nicknames associated with it. Thats when we decided on 'Lex.'

It Aiden common? I don't know anyone with that name and have only seen a few people on tv with it.

On a sidenote, my mom has already picked out a name for my new sibling if its a little boy. Connor, I really like it.
9.gif

Thank you! I like Alexander a lot...it is indeed a classic. Connor is a wonderful name too.

Aiden is now very popular, but only recently. It's one of those names everyone likes and hopes is unique enough so that their child isn't the 4th Aiden in his kindergarten class. If it wasn't so popular, I'd strongly consider it too...and if you really love it (and don't care about the popularity factor) who's to say you shouldn't use it? It's a great name.
1.gif

koko

Shiny_Rock
My son''s name is "Evan Andrew", dtr''s. name is "Kristen Michelle", grandson''s name is "Matthew Griffin" and granddtr''s name is "Madeline Grace".......

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Hm, if Aiden is super popular by the time I have kids, I doubt I''ll use it. I want unique, but not overly unique, if that makes any sense.

koko, I love the names Evan, Madeline, and Griffin. And my middle name is Michelle and my last name is Grace.
5.gif

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
My boyfriend and I first talked about names a few months ago. We've pretty much decided to use James for a son- it's his name (he's Jim) and he was named after his paternal grandfather. For a middle name I'd like to use a K name like Kellen or Kaden and then use the nickname Jake.

For a girl we plan to use Joanna Karen, the name of my mother and his mother. I just hope my future MIL doesn't mind that her name will come second! I'd like to use the nickname Joley, not like Angelina Jolie but more like Joely Richardson.

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
I only have one name picked out and it's for a girl. It's Jocelyn.

I'm naming my daughter (if I have one, god willing) after a good friend of mine. She passed away this past Sept from a tragic accident
7.gif
and it just feels right to me, to name my daughter after her. Her middle name will be "Ann" after mine and my FI's mom. FI is cool with it.
1.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I have to LOL XChick b/c two of your names are my children''s names!

My DD''s name is Alyssa Amanda, my first DS''s name is Aidan Harrison and my 2nd DS''s name is Dillon George
1.gif

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I have oodles of names I like but FI doens''t seem to agree. The one boy''s name we agree on is Brendan. I LOVE Henry, Patrick, Matthew, Leo, Eli., none of which he likes. My MOH is naming their son Henry so I at least get to have the name in the ''family''. For girls pretty much the same he doesn''t agree with my love names; CHarlotte, Rachel, Ella (Ellie), Tessa (Tess) but the three names we do like are Molly, Ashleigh, and Allison. I''ve always loved Molly but Allison is actually starting to grow on me more and more.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband wants to use his name, Michael, for a boy, and I want to use my mother''s middle name, "Neva" for a girl. That''s about as far as we''ve gotten with talking about baby names. We''re mostly busy with finding a bigger house to start a family in first!
35.gif

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock

Three close friends of mine have sons named Aidan or Aiden. Another friend of mine is a teacher and she has 4 Aidans in her class. It has become a pretty popular name. I still love it though!

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Girls: Hannah, Alannah, Leila, Kendall
Boys: Matthew, Daniel (DH''s name), Logan

My nieces: Kaitlyn, Alysa, Madison

My sister is expecting but she won''t tell us the name. It''s a girl!

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 9:28:40 AM
Author: february2003bride
I have to LOL XChick b/c two of your names are my children''s names!

My DD''s name is Alyssa Amanda, my first DS''s name is Aidan Harrison and my 2nd DS''s name is Dillon George
1.gif

Oh, I like Aiden Harrison, very good name.
9.gif

As far as my middle names, "James" was my FI''s grandfather and "Thomas" is after my grandfather, stepfather, and brother. I still might change the "James" to "Joseph" though after my great-grandfather and grandfather. The only problem I have with that is the Superman character, if any of you know what I''m talking about. The villain, Lex Luthor, his full name is apparently Alexander Joseph from what my FI said and I''m not sure I want to name my kid after a bad guy.

For girls, I also like Brianna and Alyson, well Alyson is more my FI''s idea because it''s supposedly a German name and he''s mostly German. And Brianna is Celtic/Gaelic and I''m mostly Irish, so we''ll see.

My nephews: Kodey, Auston, Kevin, Dustin, and Dillon
My niece: Savannah
His nephews: Hunter and Ethan (also my brother''s name)
His nieces: Carson and Avery

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I love this thing. It will show you the trend for any time just by typing it letter by letter.

http://www.babynamewizard.com/namevoyager/

eta: we both agree on Presley for a girl - bf is a big Elvis fan

boy is uncertain but we like his mother's maiden for a boy's middle name - Finn

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
My thirteen year old daughter''s name is Jennifer Erin and my eleven year old is Kathleen Marie. People are already calling Jennifer, "Jen" which I don''t really like. No one calls Kathleen "Kathy". I hope she stays Kathleen. I think given names are so pretty, much nicer than the shortened version is.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/6/2006 12:09:35 PM
Author: Virginia
BF and I picked out baby names in about 5 minutes sitting by the pool this summer. We were amazed at how quickly we were able to agree! I loooove the name we have picked and they are very meaningful. For a girl it would be Sofia (I like the spelling with the ''f'' because it is the way Italians spell it) and her middle name will be Antionette (after my late grandmother who I adored) I was suprised he agreed to Antionette since it is so long and uncommon but he understood how much it means to me. For a boy it will be David (which is also a family name in my family--my brothers name and my great-grandfathers name) and the middle name will be Albin which is his middle name and his grandfathers name.

Now, the only thing is what to do if we dont get a boy and a girl!
Virginia, my best friend had a baby girl last summer and named her Sofia Elizabeth! They call her Sofie, and also spelled it with an "f" because my friend is Italian! My husband''s cousin named her two girls Isabella Peppina and Allessandra Nicole--their father is full Italian. I love all their names, even though I''m not Italian (my hubby is a quarter, though, and very proud of it, lol!)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/6/2006 12:09:35 PM
Author: Virginia
For a girl it would be Sofia (I like the spelling with the 'f' because it is the way Italians spell it)

The English pronunciation of "Sophia" is actually So-Fye-uh. I was surprised to learn that in high school. [I was also surprised that "gaol" was pronounced "jail" and meant "jail". I had a bit more growing up to do :).]

Deb
34.gif

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Next baby..
If a boy~ Silas Elliot
If a girl~ Isobel Helana (long first A)

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Well we decided the next time we are expecting we are not going to tell anyone what names we like. All I got each of my pregnancies was "what names are you choosing?" It got tiresome after a while b/c we couldn''t agree on anything. Well, we knew if we had a boy he would be named my husband''s first name and had debated about having the "III" or not. We did, and a lot of people gave us grief about it. My daughter is not named after anyone; we just liked the name, but we didn''t name her until after she was born.

Jensia

Shiny_Rock
We named our daughter Shyanne . Supposed to be spelled Chyenne , but I wanted to be different:)

If my husband had his way, a boy would have been Zarrathustris, and a girl would have been Ruth.

I carried her and I named her,lol I also considered the names Annastacia for a girl. If I had a boy it would have been
Gabriel or Jonas.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Me, my family, my husband, the Doctors and the Ultrasound thought my last one was a boy.. but she disagreed. We were going to name her Gabriel Lee...if she was a boy.. I love the name Gabriel

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results