shape
carat
color
clarity

Future acquisitions....

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
What are the pieces you want to get in the next.... 5 years. List here. With pictures if applicable.

Please limit yourself to no more than 10 pieces.

Mine are pretty modest. Still it's fun anticipating.

1. Platinum diamond band. Either a bezeled graduated five stone or bar set seven stone.
2. Brushed yellow gold diamond ring of unknown style
3. Yellow Gold diamond pendant of unknown style
4. 7.8-8.2mm J-K-L OEC (unlikely to happen) in a platinum vintage setting
5. 80 point pear in a bezel attached to my Odds and Ends necklace
6. Tahitian pearl 'jackets' for my studs
7. Colored stone: tsavorite or sapphire preferred

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
An old cut riviera/choker type necklace. With just OECs and/or OMCs. That's it.

I cannot find a pic of one I really love but here are a few pics of what I can find. Still none of them just right. I will know it when I find it but I fear my budget won't allow me to get it when I do. But a girl can dream right? :cheeky:

First pic is from the Leon Mege website. I want a genuine antique choker though but here is one he will create.

https://leonmege.com/portfolio/custom-work/statement-jewelry/necklaces/riviera-necklace-old-european-cut-diamonds-detail

Second pic is a sapphire riviera and just sharing because it is so pretty but not on my wish list. Perhaps a PSer will want this one? It is really quite lovely. :Up_to_something:

Last pic the OECs are a bit too big for me. Haha never thought I'd say that there were OECs that are too big. :lol:

oecriviera.jpg

sapphireriviera.jpg

oecriviera.jpeg

oecchoker.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I adore that first necklace!! Do you think though it'll be a practical piece to wear? As much as diamonds are practical...not! lol!!

The reason I'm asking is b/c I obsessed for a long time about getting one like that or something similar but less expensive, but in the end couldn't think of many occasions to wear such a beautiful necklace to, so settled for an inexpensive line necklace instead.

Anyhow, I hope you get it sooooon, so I could drool over it!! :love: :cheeky:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As for my 5-year wish list...hmmm...let's see:

1. a Richard Mille watch, preferably diamond-studded (not sure which model yet; thought I knew but now am undecided. I'll need to get this right, and will have plenty of time to plan for it)
2. Upgrade my BGD studs to 3.5-4ct each, probably I VS2; or maybe I'll get an additional pair with lower colours and/or lower clarities like J/K and /or VS or SI (if it's an additional pair, I may go for OEC's)
3. EITHER upgrade Holly to a MRB of 7-8ct; OR alternatively get a 8-10ct EC in addition to Holly (yes, I'm back to that, lol).

That's it!! really!!

Well, if I don't get my Van Cleef Lotus BTF ring this year, it'll happen for sure within the next year or so. Oh also, I'm planning to get another VCA bracelet to stack with my VCA Perlee clover and Cartier pavé Love. Both of these are happening soon(ish), so I'm not including them in my 5-year wish list. :cheeky:

Below are a pic of an RM watch on a SG local tai-tai/ celebrity (not necessarily the same model I'll get) and an online pic of the Lotus ring on someone else's hand:

jamie_chua_richard_mille.jpg

vca_lotus_btf_0.jpg

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love graduated riviera old-cut necklaces too! I've always thought ~10ct would be nice, and still suitable for wear in regular life. The one on Leon's site is 50 (!) lol

For me, a future goal is a largish moi-et-toi style old-cut diamond ring. Preferably an original antique, but will do reproduction if necessary.

I have a Tahitian rope project currently underway, and will post pics on the Pearl forum when done.

Anne

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd like a set of diamond earrings and a set of pearl earrings. A nice watch. Get my chrysoberyl reset. A thin diamond band of some sort to wear w/my wedding set. Maybe a couple stacker bands to play w/...a couple yellow gold ones since I don't have any.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hopefully will acquire/complete sooner than 5 years...

1. Two pair WF ACA (or comparable) diamond studs, one pair 4mm, the other pair 3mm.

2. Colored gemstone bypass ring (I already have the two Mint Tourmalines, both cut by Barry) - Stuller 123099 - http://www.stuller.com/products/build/123099/12678236/?groupId=194497#/mounting-options

3. holy grail loose Blue Sapphire

4. Have Jerry recut my Red Spinel, and then have ring made with it and my Red Spinel little pair

5. A 2-stone band with vertical baguettes or rectangle french cuts - Stuller 71893 - http://www.stuller.com/products/build/71893/12647335/?groupId=194379 - I likely will have this Stuller ring made up in RG with 6x4mm Blue Zircon bags (I have a pair already), and then if I like it enough a second (custom?) ring made with diamond french cuts

6. An 8-12mm cherry Tahitian Pearl with green overtones

7. A sub-6mm white pearl bracelet, Freshwater or Akoya or SS keshi, single or double strand?

8. Simple solitaire setting(s) for some of my cabochons, likely by etsy vendors Janish Jewels and Heart of Water

9. SK diamond eternity

Q

Queenie60

Well - here's my list for now, subject to change without notice!!!

1. 17" strand of light golden pearls with a matching pair of drops to attach to my hoops

2. Eternity ring

3. DBTY necklace with 20 pointers to layer with my solitaire pendant

4. OEC to wear as a right hand ring

5. Some type of diamond bracelet (maybe a dbty but not sure yet) to wear for every day

6. Pearl bracelet

7. A nice sapphire right hand ring

8. Jackets for my stud earrings (in process)

That's all folks (for now!!!)

Hopefully I'll be able to fulfill a few of these by the end of the year

Nice thread Gypsy!!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want my statement piece, that statement being "I am in my gaudy and large" phase of life. So, a stone that is minimum 6 carats/maximum 8 carats. Won't decide which stone until I decide if I really want to spend that much money on something I'll be wearing for a few short years before I die. The holy grail will likely be custom cut, top color and cut are non negotiable. It will be one of these:
tsav
paraiba
OEC
emerald cut diamond
fat pear diamond

The irony being that I spent most of my life not appreciating either emerald or pear cut diamonds.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find myself wanting fewer pieces these days, I think I'm pretty much set with everything I already have. There aren't enough occasions to wear it all!

Having said that...... I am planning to buy a small (4.5mm ish) pair of ACA studs at some point. I'd love another VCA piece, maybe a Sweet bracelet?? Maybe another RHR, definitely vintage, cluster or coloured stone? I'm often tempted by things on JbG :angel:

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
I would KILL for a rivière necklace and I'd wear it every damn day, appropriate or not! :lol:

I might have kinda sorta perhaps promised my financial advisor that I won't be buying anymore diamonds until I'm 40 (8 years away), so that gives me plenty of time to save up! :naughty: I want:

1. A statement pendant with a significant centre stone (4mm+) and some interesting detail. Dreamer's antique pendant comes to mind.

2. A brooch of some kind. Not a bar brooch, not necessarily antique, not filigree (filigree gives me the heebie jeebies - the thought of cleaning it - ugh!) but interesting looking, yanno? I have quite a crush on your Marguerite pendant and it would kill birds 1 and 2 with one stone, but the last time I looked at it it was so far out of my budget it was just never going to happen. :(

3. Huggies. I want some! I have bezel diamond studs (.80something cw) that I converted to dangles when I realised I was actually not a stud person. Well, since then I've realised I'm not really a dangle person either, lol! I mean, I love them when I wear them, but I rarely do because the French hook wasn't done properly so now they don't really articulate the way I want them to and I'm always worried I might lose one. I've found them in odd places all over my house and my car as it is. :( Problem is, PS has turned me into a diamond snob, so even when I go to nice jewellery stores I'm not satisfied with the huggies that are available here. The stones aren't cut as well as I'm used to seeing on PS and the low clarity really affects the sparkle. Seriously considering requesting a Small BGD pair the next time my inlaws go to the States.

4. I'm thinking of putting all my random homeless diamonds (about 8, between .10ct-.57ct) in a long DBTY necklace. I'm thinking long, long. Super long. Like 52", at least. But I'd need more diamonds and I promised Ross, sooooo. :( I'm also not sure if DBTY will still be in style 5-10 years from now so don't really want to spend a heap of $$$ on something that will look dated before I've really had a chance to enjoy it.

5. A tennis bracelet. Not too big, 3cts or so. :naughty: But I don't think that will be happening anytime soon, haha!

That's pretty much it. I don't have a large collection, but I wear most of what I own pretty regularly. A few years ago my list of wants was a 1ct diamond, diamond studs, DBTY bracelet, a diamond pendant and a tennis bracelet and I (finally!!!) have all that (except the tennis bracelet), so I think I'm doing ok. :)

_4253.jpeg

_4254.jpeg

_4255.jpeg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CS wish list: Paraiba Tourmaline; EC Emerald; Asscher cut medium blue Sapphire; Tsavorite garnet

Pearl wish list: 13-14mm blue AA+ round Tahitian; complete my interchangeable projects: pendant bale for drops and a clasp with the JW 19mm+ Daburite for strands

Diamond wish list: re-set my mum's 1.8ct+ MRB in a convertible ring/pendant setting; have to wait and see if my diamond ID bracelet will curb by desire for a bezel set diamond tennis bracelet, otherwise, one of those!

The above excludes CSs projects already in the pipeline.

DK :))

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Some interesting ideas here, which I can't wait to see when the projects are completed.
First up will be a diamond tennis bracelet (btwn 4-5 TCW) which I'm about to pull the trigger on and hope to have it my hot little hand by next month.
A single station yellow diamond necklace
Some kind of diamond earrings - I'm undecided on diamond studs or cluster diamond earrings

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1466360423|4045707 said:
CS wish list: Paraiba Tourmaline; EC Emerald; Asscher cut medium blue Sapphire; Tsavorite garnet

Pearl wish list: 13-14mm blue AA+ round Tahitian; complete my interchangeable projects: pendant bale for drops and a clasp with the JW 19mm+ Daburite for strands

Diamond wish list: re-set my mum's 1.8ct+ MRB in a convertible ring/pendant setting; have to wait and see if my diamond ID bracelet will curb by desire for a bezel set diamond tennis bracelet, otherwise, one of those!

The above excludes CSs projects already in the pipeline.

I'd like to add a larger pair of earring jackets for my studs.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would like some diamond huggies. I find hoops are more flattering on me rather than studs.

A new setting for the AVR.

In an ideal world, a small AVC for a RHR, maybe in a Sholdt setting.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fun thread Gypsy. What is your odds and ends necklace? I am intrigued.

I love reading everyone's list and seeing the pictures.

Mine changes almost daily and on a whim but here it is for now:

1. Platinum gemstone RHR (I have one and LOVE it)
2. Yellow Sapphire dangle earrings (WG or platinum)
3. Platinum diamond band
4. Pear diamond pendant
5. Pear diamond dangle earrings
6. Larger ruby in my ruby RHR (but it must be as nice of a ruby as what I have now)
7. A strong blue diamond RHR (maybe an oval?)
8. 5 stone RHR ACA and Rubies
9. Peach sapphire RHR
10. Color change garnet RHR

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
fun!! :lickout: I need this kind of distraction RIGHT NOW.

1. Upgrade to under 4 carat OEC, ideally a very well cut I color or higher.
2. Find a forever setting for it.
3. Find the right "never have to take off" bracelet for the left arm.
4. Tiny bezel diamond studs, maybe 25-50 ctw.
5. One other necklace - Cartier or VCA.
6. french cut/OEC alternating eternity band

I think this is a modest list. :halo: Should work right?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried on EC bands with 25, 30 and 40 pointers. And guess what looks good on me? 40 pointers! 40 flipping pointers! I want edge to edge coverage, so it looks like 7-40 pointers. Damn champagne taste...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean I think that EC band would be gorgeous.

Marcy

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trekkie, you're so funny! :lol: I love your post!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1466390780|4045832 said:
fun!! :lickout: I need this kind of distraction RIGHT NOW.

1. Upgrade to under 4 carat OEC, ideally a very well cut I color or higher.
2. Find a forever setting for it.
3. Find the right "never have to take off" bracelet for the left arm.
4. Tiny bezel diamond studs, maybe 25-50 ctw.
5. One other necklace - Cartier or VCA.
6. french cut/OEC alternating eternity band

I think this is a modest list. :halo: Should work right?

I'd LOVE this for you! :appl:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love love love reading everyone's wish list. It's so funny how little sparkly things make us happy, eh?! 8-) :love: :D

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
marcy|1466389936|4045825 said:

This is my existing necklace (if you want read the story behind it, see here: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-odds-and-ends-necklace-by-bgd.158058/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-odds-and-ends-necklace-by-bgd.158058/[/URL] )

I want to replace the largest diamond (the bottom most stone on the drop) with a 7x5.5 or larger stone like this:

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/pear-shaped/0.80-carat-h-color-vs1-clarity-sku-1799311

Odds%20Ends%20Gypsy%204.jpg
file.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1466394206|4045839 said:
I tried on EC bands with 25, 30 and 40 pointers. And guess what looks good on me? 40 pointers! 40 flipping pointers! I want edge to edge coverage, so it looks like 7-40 pointers. Damn champagne taste...

PB, that'd be totally aweome!! :love: :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1466396336|4045849 said:
marcy|1466389936|4045825 said:

This is my existing necklace (if you want read the story behind it, see here: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-odds-and-ends-necklace-by-bgd.158058/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-odds-and-ends-necklace-by-bgd.158058/[/URL] )

I want to replace the largest diamond (the bottom most stone on the drop) with a 7x5.5 or larger stone like this:

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/pear-shaped/0.80-carat-h-color-vs1-clarity-sku-1799311

Odds%20Ends%20Gypsy%204.jpg
file.jpg

Yeah, the pear would be perfect for that necklace.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
LLJ, I think so too. I would be thrilled with an SI2 or I1 unicorn of a pear. I admit. I don't need or want VS, that's just the nicest cut one I found. And while I would PREFER H color, I would be equality happy with a nice white I.

Q

Queenie60

Dear Gypsy: I love, love :love: :love: :love: your necklace. Great "odds and ends necklace."

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Queenie60|1466404165|4045862 said:
Dear Gypsy: I love, love :love: :love: :love: your necklace. Great "odds and ends necklace."

Thank you Queenie. I am constantly struggling with what to do with it. I just don't wear it that much. It has TREMENDOUS sentimental value. But it kills me to have it sitting there unused.

I'm not sure what I will do with the larger stone if I get the pear. Part of me thinks it could be the center for my graduated five stone and then I would just need to do the sidestones as OECs. Part of me thinks I might try to find a match for it (it's estimated as a K so a match would be pretty affordable) and then turn them into studs. I really like that idea.

But I think I would wear it more if I had a pear on there. I really LOVE pear pendants.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! there are so many things here now that i see them, i am going...... yeah, maybe! LOL

The drive (nor funds) hasnt been there to create anything at the moment. So,these could be a 10 yr list! LOL.

1) 3 ring stacker- frenchie, EW bagutte, Assscher
2) Emerald (gemstone) of some description...pin, necklace or ring.
3) Another bar/brooch pin. there is one on etsy that i could get; it keeps coming up on my feed.... :)
4) a middle finger ring.. similar to athenaworth's (???? i forget her screen name) recent ring.
5) a 3 or 5 stone ring... leaning more to a 5 stone.
6) SBF round melee (2mm-3mm) for studs in my second ear piercing. I have been on BGD list for over a year and i think that it is NEVER going to happen- therefore i have revised and i going to settle for ANY flour!!!! It is silly cos, in any case, they are going to be hard to come by.
7) a tie pin or bar with a solitary sapphire

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1466405242|4045864 said:
Queenie60|1466404165|4045862 said:

Thank you Queenie. I am constantly struggling with what to do with it. I just don't wear it that much. It has TREMENDOUS sentimental value. But it kills me to have it sitting there unused.

I'm not sure what I will do with the larger stone if I get the pear. Part of me thinks it could be the center for my graduated five stone and then I would just need to do the sidestones as OECs. Part of me thinks I might try to find a match for it (it's estimated as a K so a match would be pretty affordable) and then turn them into studs. I really like that idea.

But I think I would wear it more if I had a pear on there. I really LOVE pear pendants.

I remember this necklace well! It's one of my favourite PS pieces! :) I remember when you first posted it you said your mom and grandmother would have kittens when they saw it, lol. Did they??? I'd love to hear their reaction!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results