shape
carat
color
clarity

Future acquisitions....

GK2

Rough_Rock
My five year plan coincides with turning 50 and our 25th anniversary so on that basis in planning bigger than I would normally (who am I kidding)

1. Three stone ruby and OMC Edwardian platinum ring - will have it in my hot little hands this weekend
2. Three stone 3.12ctw OEC ring in repro Edwardian setting - have seen the candidate and am planning to secure it within next couple of months or so
3. Biggish 4/5ctw eternity ring (mrb preference)
4. OEC bangle approx 4 CTW
5. Reset sapphire and diamond cluster in platinum

Plus always on the lookout for something else that tickles my fancy.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Well, there's the list I tell my husband, and then there's the things I search for on eBay... :lol:

Definitely happening at some point (DH knows):

1) Reset my original half carat radiant into a halo setting like this antique: https://www.etsy.com/listing/165241546/vintage-style-asscher-cut-diamond

2) Upgraded e-ring to 1.5 carat OEC, plus resetting into a bezel at some point--setting which will be inspired by DorotheaBrooke's ring:https://www.pricescope.com/blog/jewel-week-swoon-rose-gold-romance

Would also like (DH doesn't know):

1) a yellow gold band to stack with my 5-stone which is platinum and yellow gold. Not sure what this will be (a CvB diamond band? an antique? some kind of textured band from Etsy?) but I'll know it when I see it.

2) Some kind of diamond dangle earrings. I've looked at some diamond/pearl combos, or thought of huggies. Will likely buy something when I see it on Loupe Troop or Diamond Bistro. I'm thinking something that can be daily wear but also for dress up.

3) A DBTY bracelet.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ooh, really enjoying this thread!

1. Not an acquisition, but I want to reset my engagement ring from its current halo setting to this mounting that I purchased from Grace:

https://jewelsbygrace.smugmug.com/SOLD-Jewels/192ct-Old-European-Cut-Diamond/

That's only if I don't sell my current diamond for the following:

2. I am searching for a larger OEC (hopefully 9-10 mm range). I'm working with a local jeweler who has access to a lot of OECs and his prices are really competitive. Wish me luck!!

3. I would love a big, blingy five-stone ring. I love the look of full eternity bands but I'm worried this might be uncomfortable. I want it made with modern round brilliants, maybe of between 0.3-0.5 carats per stone.

4. I would also love larger diamond studs. I have 5 mm studs right now. Would like something a bit bigger. I can't imagine this will be possible given the other items on my list, but a girl can dream. :lol:

5. Another pipe dream is a three stone ring made of old cuts. I'm hoping the five stone ring will take care of this hankering and I won't want this so badly! :naughty:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is hard because sometimes you just fine something unexpected! But the things I loosely have in mind are:

1) set antique diamond that I have

2) VCA Alhambra pendants to go with my bracelet, maybe MOP and onyx

3) ruby ring

4) reset family .80 diamond in a more significant pendant

5) yellow diamond..would love an antique cushion

6) holy grail sapphire maybe (saw one this weekend, but way above my price point). I will post it just for fun! Perfect color that my phone couldn't capture, sadly! Stone is over 6 cts.

2016-06-18_14.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I always say I am finished, then something comes along and I say, OK.

I like the idea that things come to me when I am not on the lookout...that train of thought takes the immediacy and self imposed stress out of purchasing. Because, really, I never "need" anything.

If a truly special (branded) ruby ring came my way I would be tempted. I might even say, OK. :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, DS, that sapphire is amazing!!!

My holy grail would be~

A gorgeous sapphire ring (like the one DS found!)
a ruby and diamond band-with interesting stones, maybe marquise or emerald shapes
a beautiful five stone ring with a gorgeous peachy pink pad sapphire
upgrade my studs to close to 1.00 each
an AVC bezel pendant
a yellow gold DBTY-hubby got me a white one from BGD for valentines day and I love it, so now I need one in yellow too.
a yellow gold Tiffany zig zag bracelet. I adore the silver one I bought on eBay, just need to purchase the yellow to go with
A DBTY bracelet to start with interesting shapes and sizes-not all uniform that will morph into a full diamond bracelet with future acquisitons.

Maybe one of these will happen. The gold zig zag bracelet. Maybe.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
It's fun to read all the responses! Everyone has such great ideas for future bling!

In no particular order....

Ruby band or right hand ring with diamonds
DBTY bracelet
solitaire pendant

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1466443574|4045960 said:
This is hard because sometimes you just fine something unexpected! But the things I loosely have in mind are:

1) set antique diamond that I have

2) VCA Alhambra pendants to go with my bracelet, maybe MOP and onyx

3) ruby ring

4) reset family .80 diamond in a more significant pendant

5) yellow diamond..would love an antique cushion

6) holy grail sapphire maybe (saw one this weekend, but way above my price point). I will post it just for fun! Perfect color that my phone couldn't capture, sadly! Stone is over 6 cts.

I love how that sapphire is paired with step cut diamonds... it's so elegant. You're lucky to have been able to see something so beautiful in person. ^^

A yellow antique cushion sounds divine! :dance: It'd definitely be one-of-a-kind. Are you considering a true antique in a FLY, FY, FIY...?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1466449782|4045995 said:
HI:

I always say I am finished, then something comes along and I say, OK.

I like the idea that things come to me when I am not on the lookout...that train of thought takes the immediacy and self imposed stress out of purchasing. Because, really, I never "need" anything.

If a truly special (branded) ruby ring came my way I would be tempted. I might even say, OK. :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

Agree completely.
It can be so much fun to impulse buy an amazing find.

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
1) Tennis bracelet! Fi's mom put hers on my wrist for a minute this weekend and I LOVED the way it looked next to my e-ring. I'd like a 3 ct bracelet to start, but would eventually like to upgrade!
2) Blingy round eternity RHR. 15 points with the possibility of a future upgrade.
4) Sapphire halo pendant
5) Sapphire studs to fit in my IDJ jackets

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
I love reading this thread! My thoughts on future acquisitions...

1) A wedding band or two to match my soon to come solitaire reset!
2) A blue sapphire
3) An antique cushion or OEC as an RHR
4) Some sort of yellow gold ring as an RHR, which would most likely be combined with one of the above stones!
5) Some sort of diamond pendant

I am not sure if I will be to get all the above in the next 5 years or so but I am hoping!! It would be interesting to refer back to this list in 5 years and see what changes. I recently had a yellow diamond #1 on my list, but I have since been craving the blue sapphire or antique diamond instead!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the lists and pictures. Such a fun thread.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After having visited VCA a couple of days ago, I just KNOW there will be another VCA piece or 2 in the future, so am revising my list! But now we're talking 10 year wish list! :cheeky: :Up_to_something:

In decreasing order of want:

1. Richard Mille watch, preferably diamond-studded (not sure which model yet)
2. VCA Perlée clover bangle in WG
3. Pair of VCA earrings. I'd KILL for the small Snowflake but would prob "settle", he he, for the small Lotus
4. Upgrade my BGD studs to 3.5-4ct each, probably I VS2; get or another pair, most likely OEC's
5. EITHER upgrade Holly to a MRB of 7-8ct; OR alternatively get an 8-10ct EC in addition to Holly
6. This VCA necklace. Funny I don't normally wear YG but my oh my, this necklace really spoke to me! :naughty:
http://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en/collections/jewelry/alhambra/vintage-alhambra/vcara42300-vintage-alhambra-necklace-10-motifs.html

Actually, 3 and 4 are alternates. Maybe I'll get the OEC's before the VCA earrings, we shall see....

mol42

Shiny_Rock
This is a fun thread! I hope I don't jinx myself, but here goes---

1. VCA Socrate BTF ring
2. (Hopefully) VCA Frivole pave earrings (small)
3. Convert 1.7 MRB to an earring set
4. Thin diamond eternity band to stack

2 and 3 may be simplified to one goal, as they're both diamond earrings, but we'll see. "The heart wants what it wants!!" :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results