clarity

Fur Baby Prayers

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry Missy, sending gentle hugs to you and Greg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so saddened to read this about your Francesca, Missy. I can't even come up with words. I lost my wonderful red tabby cat unexpectedly in August of 2018 and I still grieve. Every. day. The vets weren't sure what he had, but complications of a cancer like Francesca's seemed likely. I hope that a medication will be found that can ease her discomfort and give you more time with her. It surely does hurt to lose one that you love deeply. :(

So very sorry for your loss, Missy and Greg. You truly have my very deepest sympathy.

I am so sorry you lost your sweet baby too. My heart goes out to you. (((Hugs))).

So sad. Please remember to take care of yourself.

Thank you Luv. Our hearts are breaking.

@missy, I am just so very sorry, you did all you could. I'm heartbroken for you and sending you and Greg all my love. ((((Hugs))))

Thank you sweet Junie. And we are heartbroken for you as well and the loss of your sweet girl Zoe. :cry2:

HI:

Oh this is very sad news @missy. I am sorry for you both--take care.:cry2:

kind regards--Sharon

Thank you dear Sharon. Appreciate your kind words. (((Hugs))).

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Thank you JPie.

So sorry to hear about your loss @missy.

Thank you EC8.

I'm so sorry, honey.:cry2::cry2::cry2:. ((((((Hugs)))))))

Thank you Stracci. (((Hugs))).

I'm sorry, missy, I send much love and prayers to you and Greg. :cry2:

Thank you Kipari.

Oh missy my heart is breaking for you guys!
I'm so sorry for your loss, Francesca is at peace and I'm sure she felt your love for her. Xx

Thank you Weeivy. I hope so. We will always love her. Such a special girl. I don't think we will ever recover from losing her.
She deserved so much more time than what she had :cry2:

Oh NO missy! I'm grooming but came on here for a minute because I was thinking of Frankie and wanted to see if there was any good word. I'm very saddened by this news. I'm sending my most heartfelt condolences to you and Greg.... you tried so hard and I know you're devastated. I'm deeply sorry for your loss.

Thank you Sandy. We are devastated. Beyond what words could ever express. Sadly I know many of you have experienced deep and tragic losses as well. I know it is a part of life. I know it is the price we pay for loving our sweet dear furbabies. But it stinks and when they are so young it is that much more tragic. :cry2:

I am so sorry for your loss :cry2:

Thank you diamondringlover.

@missy - so very very sorry. You and your dh did a
all you could and eased her way out of her pain with love, kindness and compassion. She is in your heart and remains there!

Caf

Thank you Caf. Yes she is in my heart and I am seeing her everywhere.

I'm so sorry Missy. Please express my sympathy to Greg as well. I was so hoping that you could have some more quality time with her.
You are in my thoughts. We are here for you if when you need to talk.

Thank you tyty. Appreciate your kind offer and thank you. We so hoped we could have some more quality time with her as well. From diagnosis to death was so horribly fast. She died less than 7 days after her diagnosis and she did suffer that last day. :cry2::cry2::cry2: We gave her peace as fast as we could but didn't want to write her off before we knew for sure. All such a horrible nightmare and I am relieved she is at peace now but there is a deep and huge hole in my heart that will always be there from losing our sweet Frankie.:cry2:

My heart is breaking for you. I know how special she was. ❤️❤️❤️ Hugs my friend.

Thank you Mary. She loved you too.

@missy I am so very sorry to read your update, and for the pain losing your sweet Francesca brings to you & your husband. May the fond memories of the love and happiness she brought to your home bring you both comfort, and knowing she will be watching over you both till you meet again bring you peace. My deepest sympathies to you both.

Thank you for your kind words mother thing.

I am so sorry for your loss Missy...sending you tons of dust & lots of hugs....hurting for you tonight, will include you all in my prayers....

Thank you Sarah. Appreciate that.

I'm so sorry she's gone. You gave her a wonderful life full of happiness. You did everything right for her. Sending hugs. :cry2:

Thank you elizat. Sometimes I am at a loss to know what the meaning of life is. Filled with senseless cruelty and death too soon. Taking such a good soul so early.

So sorry Missy, sending you and Greg Hugs!

Thank you stepcutnut. ((Hugs)).

@missy I am so sorry for your and Greg's loss. Our pets are family just as much as any blood relative and it hurts when they go.

Thank you foxinsox. Yes they are not just family but the best part of our family most of the time. I have always preferred animals to most people with good reason. People can be cruel and unkind whereas animals they are such innocent beings filled with love and goodness. And our sweet Francesca was that to a T. Sweet, loving, sassy, and all that good stuff. Inside and out a pure and good and sweet soul. She was delicious.

So sorry Missy, sending gentle hugs to you and Greg

Thank you Cluless.

Sending gentle hugs. The silence their passing leaves behind is infinite.

Thank you Matata. Yes that is the truth. Our home feels so empty and silent without her.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Leaving you with 2 more photos of our sweet Francesca. We have so many photos of her. She loved the camera.

francescablackandwhitephoto.jpg

frrancescasweetbaby.jpeg

We will always love you Francesca and one day we will all be together again. This time forever.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
missy im so sorry
i must confess ive been afraid to look back in on this thread
im.so so sorry for your family

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My sweet niece wrote me an email. She is 11.

Hi Aunt Missy,

I heard Francesa died.
I am very sorry. I know you
loved her very much. She
was a beautiful, sweet cat
and if it wasn't for you she would
have died years before now,
when she was just a kitten.
I know you have given her a great life
and I'm sure Frankie appreciates
all your love and kindness
towards her. Dying is part of
Life, and nature, you can't prevent
it. You can only comfort, and that is just
What you did.

Love,
Alexa

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Daisy.
our cat Tinky is with my mum and dad in heaven - he will be terrorizing my mum because she was afraid of cats
Francesa was beautiful and your neice is right - she did have the best life with you
All cats deserve to be Princes and Princess but saddly not all do

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @missy, What a sweet and thoughtful message from Alexa.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry for your loss Missy. She was such a beautiful kitty and you and Greg took such care and gave so much love.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry, Missy. You and Greg really did do all you could, and gave her every chance, and then wisely stopped her suffering when it was time. She was blessed to have the two of you, and you were blessed to have her.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @missy, What a sweet and thoughtful message from Alexa.

Yes she is an intelligent and thoughtful little girl. Extremely good hearted and kind. When she was a baby she would give you the food out of her mouth and the shirt off her back if you asked her to and I bet she still would. I worry about her as she is too kind and sensitive for this cruel world. And she loves animals with her whole heart. Really such a wonderful kid and I know I am biased but I am being objective here.

I am so sorry for your loss Missy. She was such a beautiful kitty and you and Greg took such care and gave so much love.

Thank you so much Bling Dream. You are so kind. I appreciate your comforting words.

I'm so sorry, Missy. You and Greg really did do all you could, and gave her every chance, and then wisely stopped her suffering when it was time. She was blessed to have the two of you, and you were blessed to have her.

Aww thank you so much Oboe Gal. I am wracked with guilt over her last day. She was vomiting and nothing we gave her relieved her nausea and I called my sister and my sister's colleague too and both of them said to wait another day because anyone can have a bad day. By the time morning came she was in horrible horrible shape and barely breathing. We rushed to a local animal hospital to euthanize her and it was such a nightmare. We waited a day too long but my sister said we couldn't have known. And we gave her peace as soon as we realized there was no more hope left. But in my gut and heart I knew but was afraid to give up on her too soon. I regret that day. I regret all of this because she didn't deserve to die at so young an age. Average life span of a kitty is 15-18 years old. She just turned 10. She was our heart kitty and such a special soul. There is a huge hole in our hearts and the pain is at times unbearable. I appreciate being able to come here and share because IRL I cannot talk about her without sobbing and my friends cannot understand what I am saying I am crying so hard. Thank you for allowing me to share the pain and the love we had and still do for our darling dear Francesca.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Frankie at our first beach house.

frankieinseagirt.jpg

Frankie in the sun. She was a sun ho and heat seeker.

frankieinsunatbeach.jpg

She was our precious dear girl so full of personality and charm. Sweet as can be and sassy as all get out. A rare combo. She was and always will be our dear darling daughter.

frankieinjulysun.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 5.55.12 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL going through all her photos these past few days and look at the photo I just found. Hysterical. All 4 of them staring at us waiting for food. Business as usual in our household haha.

Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 6.00.42 AM.png

Fred is on the floor because of his severe arthritis. We used to feed all of them on the kitchen granite but the past couple of years we have had to feed Fred on lower ground because he cannot jump anymore.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last Frankie photo. I captioned this one "Alright (Mr DeMille) Momma, I'm ready for my closeup"

frankiecloseup.jpg

I mean look at that gorgeous girl. OK yes I am biased but still so gorgeous a baby.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, she is gorgeous and it sounds like she had such a beautiful soul. We love all of our pets, of course, but sometimes a special one comes along to join our lives. Someone so unique that you instantly form a special bond. For you guys that was Francesca.

I know the pain is immense right now. Downright unbearable. I wish there was something I could say to make the pain go away but the platitudes we offer never feel like enough. When I lost my Felix (my beautiful panther), I was heartbroken for a long time. We had that special connection, you know? Just like you and Frankie. I’m not going to lie, it look me a long time to come around. A lot of tears. Eventually, we could joke about the adorable/ annoying things he used to do...like sit on my husband every time he ate cereal just because he wanted some of that milk. Or how he loved to let me carry him around the house, with one arm on either side of my neck...like a weird hug, with lots of head bumps. Or how that little brat took special joy in knocking over my cup of water onto the floor. We lost him to cancer 4 years ago today. He was my baby and I still miss him very much but it’s easier to remember the good times now. They temper the sting of loss.

I’ll leave you with a quote that touched my heart, when I was where you are now.
“If my love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.”

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, she is gorgeous and it sounds like she had such a beautiful soul. We love all of our pets, of course, but sometimes a special one comes along to join our lives. Someone so unique that you instantly form a special bond. For you guys that was Francesca.

I know the pain is immense right now. Downright unbearable. I wish there was something I could say to make the pain go away but the platitudes we offer never feel like enough. When I lost my Felix (my beautiful panther), I was heartbroken for a long time. We had that special connection, you know? Just like you and Frankie. I’m not going to lie, it look me a long time to come around. A lot of tears. Eventually, we could joke about the adorable/ annoying things he used to do...like sit on my husband every time he ate cereal just because he wanted some of that milk. Or how he loved to let me carry him around the house, with one arm on either side of my neck...like a weird hug, with lots of head bumps. Or how that little brat took special joy in knocking over my cup of water onto the floor. We lost him to cancer 4 years ago today. He was my baby and I still miss him very much but it’s easier to remember the good times now. They temper the sting of loss.

I’ll leave you with a quote that touched my heart, when I was where you are now.

Thank you Elle for taking the time and energy to share this with me. I am so sorry for your loss. Your words are truth.

And wouldn't you know it we called Frankie our (little) panther too.

I am glad you can remember your sweet Felix with more happiness than pain these days.
RIP Felix. I hope you and Frankie are playing and frolicking together at Rainbow Bridge.

(((Hugs))) @elle_71125

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to add that we were so fortunate because we did have another heart kitty soul mate in our Billy boy. I know how rare it is to have 2 soulmate cats but we did. Billy was also our heart cat. And we deeply mourned his loss in 2009 but he was almost 16 so it was a different type of pain. They are never with us long enough but at least he lived a longer fuller life than our sweet Francesca. So losing him while very painful was not as tragic as the loss of Frankie. If that makes sense. But we were oh so lucky to have had these 2 amazing kitties in our lives. We will always love them with a fierce love that one has for one's children. And the immense grief that comes with losing them.:cry2:

billysashes.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy,
There are no words for the pain you are feeling. I lost my heart cat last year 3/5/2018, and I still mourn him everyday. He was 16, and was suffering from kidney failure and also megacolon.
It will take a long time to be able to think of Francesca without crying, I know.
We bond with our animals in mysterious ways, more intensely than with other people, I believe. Losing them is agony. Be strong, honey.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy,
There are no words for the pain you are feeling. I lost my heart cat last year 3/5/2018, and I still mourn him everyday. He was 16, and was suffering from kidney failure and also megacolon.
It will take a long time to be able to think of Francesca without crying, I know.
We bond with our animals in mysterious ways, more intensely than with other people, I believe. Losing them is agony. Be strong, honey.

Thank you Stracci and yes you totally get how I am feeling. I cannot talk without crying. I cannot get through an hour without crying. She was so precious. So sweet. Truly the best little baby. She was taken too soon from us. :cry2:

At first I didn't want to come onto PS. But it helps talking about her and sharing her with you. Somehow it helps. Nothing will bring her back but sharing her here helps a little bit and knowing I am among animal lovers makes me feel less alone.

I am so very sorry about the loss of your sweet heart cat. There are no words that can convey the deep grief and sorrow and pain. Sending you lots of hugs and love dear Stracci.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, thinking of you and I'm sorry you are in so much pain. I understand. I'm glad you are reaching out and that sharing on PS is bringing you some comfort and support. Continuing to send lots of love to you and Greg. (((Hugs)))

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I wish we could all take this terrible pain away for you. You aren’t alone Missy and have lots of support. I’m so sorry. Hugs, hugs and more hugs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, thinking of you and I'm sorry you are in so much pain. I understand. I'm glad you are reaching out and that sharing on PS is bringing you some comfort and support. Continuing to send lots of love to you and Greg. (((Hugs)))

Thank you Junie. (((Hugs))).

@missy, I wish we could all take this terrible pain away for you. You aren’t alone Missy and have lots of support. I’m so sorry. Hugs, hugs and more hugs.

Thank you Callie. (((Hugs))).

Our sweet baby when she was just a kitten.

frankiesweetkitty.jpg

With Greg and Bobby. In 2010.
gregfrankieandbobby.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry, missy. I just read this thread in its entirety today. Until I saw the notice about Francesca in another thread I did not know that this thread, which I had never opened, was about her. It was heartbreaking to read and was clearly beyond heartbreaking to live. I want to say that you and Greg will be OK in time, but I cannot say it truthfully. The reason I didn't open the thread with the title this one had was that I didn't want my own heart broken again. I feel that every loss we relive through someone else's loss reopens our own wounds. We can love again, but we never fully heal from the losses of the animals we love.

Big hugs,
(((missy and Greg)))
(((Francesca and Bobby)))
Deb

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's not quantity of time but quality of time. We never have enough time in a lifetime, do we? Much love to you and Greg.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

That is a very good picture, Missy. An armful of cats! Such fuzzy goodness.

You will love her always. And that is a good thing. Talk about it, cry about it, but please be kind to yourself--as you know guilt is a useless emotion. Healing vibes across the miles......

kind regards--Sharon

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I really hope you don’t beat yourself up over her last day. I’m going through this with my cat right now, and it’s given me a lot of time to think about how fragile life is and how little control we really have. There’s only three ways it can go down: too early, on time, or too late. That’s a roughly 33% chance to get it right if you want to really oversimplify things. It doesn’t help that some days they seem to feel a lot better and it gives you hope, only to have it all go up in flames when they get worse. The roller coaster makes it nearly impossible to know exactly when the right time is. We’re setting ourselves up for disappointment by thinking that we can succeed, though we must try.

It’s funny, today I had a stranger ask me why I hadn’t put my cat down already when I mentioned she was dying. It had to explain that if she still has enough fight in her that you would have to hold her down for it, then it’s probably too soon.

Anyway, I’m wishing you find your peace sooner than later.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I really hope you don’t beat yourself up over her last day. I’m going through this with my cat right now, and it’s given me a lot of time to think about how fragile life is and how little control we really have. There’s only three ways it can go down: too early, on time, or too late. That’s a roughly 33% chance to get it right if you want to really oversimplify things. It doesn’t help that some days they seem to feel a lot better and it gives you hope, only to have it all go up in flames when they get worse. The roller coaster makes it nearly impossible to know exactly when the right time is. We’re setting ourselves up for disappointment by thinking that we can succeed, though we must try.

It’s funny, today I had a stranger ask me why I hadn’t put my cat down already when I mentioned she was dying. It had to explain that if she still has enough fight in her that you would have to hold her down for it, then it’s probably too soon.

Anyway, I’m wishing you find your peace sooner than later.

You are so wise. I was worried for a long time that I wouldn't know when it was the right time to put down my Lab, Biscuit, in 2010. Then, I am so glad to say, he bit me when I tried to lift him to go outside to urinate. I knew, then, that it was time. What a gift he gave me!

Hugs
(((JPie)))
Deb

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone who had the pleasure of meeting Francesca knows how truly special she was. She was sweet, loving and had such a graceful way about her. She truly deserved the nickname HRH as it fit her to to a tee. . She had such a special way about her and seemed to sense when you needed a gentle hug or extra comfort, and was always able Tom supply you and Greg with this.

We never seem to get enough time with our furbaby’s but Francesca knew she was loved and cherished by both you and Greg. It truly is our gift to give them a wonderful, loving comfortable life, Take great comfort in knowing that you and Greg were able to give her this. She made life more beautiful with her tender sweet disposition and gave you many laughs also along the way with her spunky side. You were truly blessed to have this little joy share your life with. I hope you are able to take comfort in her knowing how much she was loved,

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone who had the pleasure of meeting Francesca knows how truly special she was. She was sweet, loving and had such a graceful way about her. She truly deserved the nickname HRH as it fit her to to a tee. . She had such a special way about her and seemed to sense when you needed a gentle hug or extra comfort, and was always able Tom supply you and Greg with this.

We never seem to get enough time with our furbaby’s but Francesca knew she was loved and cherished by both you and Greg. It truly is our gift to give them a wonderful, loving comfortable life, Take great comfort in knowing that you and Greg were able to give her this. She made life more beautiful with her tender sweet disposition and gave you many laughs also along the way with her spunky side. You were truly blessed to have this little joy share your life with. I hope you are able to take comfort in her knowing how much she was loved,

Dear Callie, thank you for your lovely and generous comments. Francesca enjoyed meeting you and getting to know you too. I wish everyone here could have had the opportunity to meet our sweet little girl.

We do take comfort knowing that she was dearly and completely loved and adored and cherished. We have no regrets whatsoever when it comes to that. With my first 3 boys (Buster, Butch and Billy) I was in my twenties when I rescued them and I was out lots more than I was home and I do have some regrets with that as they didn't get showered with the attention we gave to our Francesca and other kitties (Fred, Bobby and Tommy). So in that regard 100% we have no regrets.

I know life is unfair and this is just the way it is. We cannot control certain factors and we just do the best we can to make it the best we can be. We will always miss her. And it goes without saying how much we will always love her. My sweet DH has cried so much these past few days. More than I can ever remember seeing him cry in the past 2 plus decades. It's because we have lost our darling daughter. She was our child. Our child who meant the world to us. It's that simple.

Thank you Callie for your kind words.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results