shape
carat
color
clarity

Funny things your DH/family says about diamonds

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My DH calls it a Ponzi scheme. First I buy the stone ... then I need a setting ... then it needs a another piece to compliment it. Whenever I mention buying something he asks the price, I tell him and he goes “No, the all in price for once you buy that and all the jewelry friends that go with it.” ;-)
Jewelry friends - I like that! Honey, my Jewelry is lonely it needs some new friends.

Aino

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Alexiszoe I have checked Parks but haven’t contacted them. And don’t believe it is just picture power, it looks perfect! :)) I think I will give a bit more time for my own hunt for perfection and if that remains fruitless start contacting vendors. Mr Alexiszoe has a valid point about online safety, my man has also once commented on that. Some nice wealthy targets here.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH calls it a Ponzi scheme. First I buy the stone ... then I need a setting ... then it needs a another piece to compliment it. Whenever I mention buying something he asks the price, I tell him and he goes “No, the all in price for once you buy that and all the jewelry friends that go with it.” ;-)

It's like house decoration, the same principle. You decorate one room, the one next to it looks shabby or the rugs in the new room look shabby or the couch does.....So it goes on, it's no different with jewellery....

:rodent::angel:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH who is a very funny man has never, to my recollection, said anything funny about diamonds. All he ever says to me about diamonds is that he wants me to be happy and I should get what I want. Gotta love a man who says that. Funny about many things but when it comes to da bling he is dead serious.
:halo:

besthusbandever.gif

FL_Sol

Shiny_Rock
My DH who is a very funny man has never, to my recollection, said anything funny about diamonds. All he ever says to me about diamonds is that he wants me to be happy and I should get what I want. Gotta love a man who says that. Funny about many things but when it comes to da bling he is dead serious.
:halo:

besthusbandever.gif
My hubs is the same, same comments about wanting me to be happy, what ever I want....I have to keep myself in check and not take advantage of him. When I feel like I am starting to take advantage of him, I start having nightmares about jewelry! Those dreams are the worst!

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Not specifically diamond, but the other day in response to asking my 10 year old, something along the lines of “ can you please just make me happy”
10 year old: “mom, you have to make yourself happy”
DH: “ Son, it gets very expensive when mom makes herself happy” :cry2:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He is very sweet and patient and humors my rambling about colored stones. We have a room in the house we converted into an herb/palm tree garden and I keep some loose stones in there. He said "I like how every time you get under the plant light you start playing with the rocks."

We'll see how much he likes it if he ever actually tries his hand at buying one of those "rocks" :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results