shape
carat
color
clarity

Funny things your DH/family says about diamonds

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My dear man has had to suffer through my diamond talk, and while he doesn't know much about diamonds, he tries, although he often teases me about my obsession, like last night:

Him: If I brought you into a room full of naked diamonds, you wouldn't say no!
Me: Naked diamonds? What's that?
Him: You know, naked diamonds! Like, diamonds without the rings, just the diamond.
Me: You mean a loose diamond.
Him: Well, I have no idea what your fancy terminology is! :boohoo:

Have you guys ever experienced this? Non diamond loving spouses / friends or your kids using odd terms to describe bling!

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My dear man has had to suffer through my diamond talk, and while he doesn't know much about diamonds, he tries, although he often teases me about my obsession, like last night:

Him: You know, naked diamonds! Like, diamonds without the rings, just the diamond.

Have you guys ever experienced this? Non diamond loving spouses / friends or your kids using odd terms to describe bling!

For the birth of their first child, my brother gave his wife a diamond pendant (just under 1ct). Tasteful. Nothing crazy. His mother in law asked whether it was real.

Q

Queenie60

My DH says - "how many diamond things do you have that I don't know about" - I just smile and say "well, I certainly enjoy what I have!" He knows that it makes me very happy so he's very happy! It's a win win.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mother said my EC aka Miami (onion roll) is ugly. She previously asked if it had hearts and arrows.:wall:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bahahaha :lol-2:"if you wanna see me naked you better DRESS that diamond appropriately!":twisted2:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mother said my EC aka Miami (onion roll) is ugly. She previously asked if it had hearts and arrows.:wall:

Ugly!?!?!? :shock:

Not Miami!!!!

She was just being 'cool' and 'with it' ... you know what i mean, 'sick' is a compliment, and all that stuff. :cool2:

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My friend (not an aficionado) but knowing my obsession, was describing to me her new old stock ring as 14k platinum with a GS stone in it.
I'm like ooh it's beautiful (and I couldn't find anything in the stone with my loupe).

My husband wonders why I would want to spend an amount similar to what our (70s muscle) cars cost to wear on my finger. I tell him because I like em. And if I sell "my" car, ima buy whatever I want (currently drooling on a sub2 ct kvs2 ACA- I'm economical that way).

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine doesn't really care or say anything (the occasional "that's pretty") as long as it makes me happy. We discuss other stuff we both like instead. Though he does love my "ring to end all rings"

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@ringo865 , I get that from other male friends too, why spend money on a diamond that costs as much as a Tesla, or any nice car. I just tell em diamonds will last for a long time while the car has a limited life span! :lol:

@PintoBean , you crack me up with the getting naked requires dressing up a diamond first, LOL!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Recently I told my husband how Kate Middleton's sapphire might have broken the diamond ering monopoly. How Diana made something to DeBeers that no one was able to. Sapphires are becoming more popular as e-rings, I said. My husband asked, hopefully, "I hope, you bought a lot when they were cheaper?" Not those, I said, and not nearly enough...:(

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hubby hasn't said anything funny about jewelry in a while. He's gotten so educated, there are no adorable moments of ignorance! HA! But my favorite was when Jocelyn/AthenaWorth/GildedLane was at a local get-together with him, and was educating him on her stash. She showed him a "cabochon", and he heard "cabotron". That's stuck forever, and is the cutest thing.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hubby: I've been nice to you in this life! Next life I get to be the pretty girl and I won't marry you unless you get me a BIG pink diamond and it better be pink and set it rose gold. Real pink, none of this light coloured crap they pass off as pink.

Me: I buy you a pink zircon. You wouldn't have a clue.

Him: I know I need one of those GIA certificate thingies that says "Fancy" on it! You better have one of those.

Lol he's more clued in than I thought!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Recently I told my husband how Kate Middleton's sapphire might have broken the diamond ering monopoly. How Diana made something to DeBeers that no one was able to. Sapphires are becoming more popular as e-rings, I said. My husband asked, hopefully, "I hope, you bought a lot when they were cheaper?" Not those, I said, and not nearly enough...:(

:lol:

Mine suggested I stock up on Chrysoberyl because it is so cheap and sparkly and looks like a yellow diamond to him.

I was like "I don't think many people are into greeny yellow love!"

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mine can recognize a GOG video by sound- from the first intro music alone. He'll groan and shout from across the room 'no more fire and scintillation comparisons please!'. if he uses terms like 'critical angles' or 'cornflower blue', I'll get all excited and ask him to keep saying sexy things,which is funny. Or even better, to talk dirty to me, which means he'll switch to saying things like 'clarity enhanced, diffused, heavily included, windowed, beryllium treated' . I've educated him well, all against his will!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband is clueless. A couple years ago, I was sitting at the kitchen table, playing with my loupe, looking at my diamonds and even a cz ring I bought many years ago, to use as a travel ring. Well, everything but that travel ring made it back onto me or into my jewelry box, and he found it on the kitchen table. To his credit, he noticed it, and handed it to me. But wanted to know why my engagement ring was on the table. That stone is noticeably bigger than my erring and the settings are not nearly the same. (ering is a split shank, the other a solid shank solitaire.) Clearly, I could make a switch and he'd never know.

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Omg laughed aloud when reading these! Especially mellowyellow. You trained him well.

Aino

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Totally unrelated but @Alexiszoe that OEC in your profile picture is simply beyond gorgeous! :love: I tried to find a thread for it but couldn't. Could you please share the specs of it? I have been looking for an OEC that has that kind of stunning petal table within my color, size and clarity preference for a while now. Yours is probably the most beautiful OEC I've seen!

BFftw

Rough_Rock
Premium
When I look at LT or SMTB FH freaks out. "WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT" Shiny things, just looking I swear! :roll

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Aino , thank you for the compliment! I call it the power of photo taking - IRL it's actually a lil wonky, but still beautiful nonetheless! There's no thread on it as Mr Alexiszoe is security conscious about what's shared online after a hacking incident :eek2: Have you checked out Parks Fine Group? They are pretty good at finding beautiful old stones.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me : “ooooo, look at this”
DH “it’s not another diamond is it?” followed by a loud groan :lol:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Husband passes by the computer screen, notices a big glimmering honker in SMTB......'Oh s--t.....' and disappears.

runawaysad.gif

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH calls it a Ponzi scheme. First I buy the stone ... then I need a setting ... then it needs a another piece to compliment it. Whenever I mention buying something he asks the price, I tell him and he goes “No, the all in price for once you buy that and all the jewelry friends that go with it.” ;-)

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH calls it a Ponzi scheme. First I buy the stone ... then I need a setting ... then it needs a another piece to compliment it. Whenever I mention buying something he asks the price, I tell him and he goes “No, the all in price for once you buy that and all the jewelry friends that go with it.” ;-)

:lol-2::lol-2::lol-2: "jewelry friends" :lol-2::lol-2::lol-2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results