shape
carat
color
clarity

Fun ring comming my way...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/5/2009 11:46:02 AM
Author: mochi
Date: 4/5/2009 9:32:11 AM

Author: icekid

holy crap, mochi. I can't even keep up with you
9.gif
Beautiful stackers- I am really liking the pillbox setting. When will they arrive?

Hehe..icekid... This will be my last purchase for awhile, unfortunately. My husband has put a indefinite stop to my gem purchases.
38.gif

He didn't say anything about a stop to the gem SETTING though right?
2.gif
2.gif

Lori, did you already get your pillbox? Are there hand pics of it somewhere?

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 8:12:24 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade

Date: 4/5/2009 11:46:02 AM

Date: 4/5/2009 9:32:11 AM

holy crap, mochi. I can''t even keep up with you
9.gif
Beautiful stackers- I am really liking the pillbox setting. When will they arrive?

Hehe..icekid... This will be my last purchase for awhile, unfortunately. My husband has put a indefinite stop to my gem purchases.
38.gif

He didn''t say anything about a stop to the gem SETTING though right?
2.gif
2.gif

Lori, did you already get your pillbox? Are there hand pics of it somewhere?
Here is my white topaz pillbox set. The photo is blurry, but the only one I have at the moment. The earrings and ring are superb....excellent craftsmanship/craftswomanship.
36.gif

Lori

pillboxset2.jpg

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
I am strongly considering sending some gems to Sally to be set. I would love to see photos of all these pillbox settings you guys receive.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Finally got the pillbox ring today. I knew, in my mind, that the iolite would be dark and really was expecting it...so when I opened and looked at it, it was dark. So why am I disappointed when I knew this was going to happen????

The ring setting itself is absolutely beautiful and comfortable.

SSCN4775.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I think when I make the other stacker with lighter colors, it''ll may look better..?? Am I trying to convince myself again???? I''m not sending it back because I know it''s not going to be worth the $$.

SSCN4776.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love the side setting...but the iolite..
15.gif

SSCN4777.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
handshot

SSCN4778.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock

SSCN4779.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock

SSCN4781.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Miss vicki, wondering what is going on

SSCN4780.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock

SSCN4782.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock

SSCN4783.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Last one for now. I''m going to be sending a few stones to Sally to make a couple of companion rings for this pillbox, so I''ll go and get the stones and take some pictures with the ring so you guys can give me a few advise on it, ok??

SSCN4784.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Few candidates for the stacker:

SSCN4801.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock

SSCN4802.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock

SSCN4803.JPG

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Where''s the before picture of the stone again?

What do you think of the craftsmanship?

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Oh, the craftmanship is wonderful. Just the iolite (which was picked by Sally) is on the dark side, almost black. But I guess I expected that.

Above your post are a few loose gemstones from my collection. I want to send a couple of them to Sally to make a companion ring for that I can wear with the pillbox iolite. Which ones do you think I should send her??

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Well there are many great choices. What did she say about setting the non round ones? Can she do those?

Are you creating a set of stackers to go with the iolite?

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
of the rounds, the minty green one in the first picture. In the second picture, the sunny colored one.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2009 3:14:02 PM
Author: cinnamon013
Well there are many great choices. What did she say about setting the non round ones? Can she do those?

Are you creating a set of stackers to go with the iolite?

Not sure if she cn do the nonround one...

Yes, a stacker to go with the iolite.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2009 3:18:00 PM
of the rounds, the minty green one in the first picture. In the second picture, the sunny colored one.

The periodot and the spess...I think it would go well with the iolite. They are very bright IRL, it may work to balance out the dark iolite.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2009 3:27:48 PM

The periodot and the spess...I think it would go well with the iolite. They are very bright IRL, it may work to balance out the dark iolite.
I love that color combo! So summery. I think the peridot and spess will kind of drown on the less lively iolite though.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2009 9:16:22 PM

I love that color combo! So summery. I think the peridot and spess will kind of drown on the less lively iolite though.

Do you think maybe I should go the cabachon route??

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2009 9:22:23 PM

I think the peridot. The cabs would be fun, but how on earth could you NOT set some of those lovelies?!

BTW, what is that amazing stone in your av? It''s yummy!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2009 9:23:53 PM
Author: MonkeyPie

Date: 5/2/2009 9:22:23 PM

I think the peridot. The cabs would be fun, but how on earth could you NOT set some of those lovelies?!

BTW, what is that amazing stone in your av? It''s yummy!

Just so confused with this iolite...it''s almost like a black onyx. I am going to make a few stackers with those stones posted above. I think for the iolite, I''ll do cabs.

Thats the new stone from Barry''s May drop. I should get that and another sunstone from him...teeeheee!!
31.gif

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Mochi,

That ring is so beautiful. Thankyou for the pictures! I have one of my own coming so it''s great to see the ring kinda IRL
9.gif
Is the iolite darker in your eyes than in the photo? In the photos it looks to have a little blue also, but you said black onyx so that sounds really dark.

Personally if you''d make stackers with the iolite, I''d set the darkest stones you have. Since they are well cut, they will still sparkle. But maybe that''s not fair to the stones, since it''s a bezel setting. I think peridot and then the darker red round, was it a garnet?

Maybe the cabochon idea is better, though, and stackers of the lighter ones. They would look really beautiful, I think!

I really hope the iolite will grow on you, or that you find someone to give it to if you notice it bugs you too much.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Drool worthy gemstone collection! I really like the green stone in the first shot and the yellow/gold one above it. They would look lovely stacked together.

I agree that cabs may go best with the Iolite.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
30.gif
OH WOW all your gems and ring stackers are beautiful! I love your squarish gems,

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Mochi, this is why, personally, I think it is better for us PS'ers
who are so used to having such fine gems at our fingertips - to send our
own gems to Sally (or have her make settings for them).

Of course for some people, the native gems etc that she uses are totally acceptable,
but I just think we have different expectations - as demonstrated with your pillbox,
if ya kwim?

Sally, I love her, bless her - but I do prefer to use my own gems, and her jewellery skills.
1.gif

As far as the candidates for more stackers - I really like the combo in the first pic you took.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results