shape
carat
color
clarity

Full National Lockdown in the UK. Again.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here its keeping those big exspensive hotels in bussiness
But you cannot trust private security - look what happened in Melbourne
We are using the defence force with a top man from the air force in charge

Yup, I have read reports alleging private security personnel having sex with some of those in quarantine, and caught Covid-19 from them, and became spreaders themselves.

DK :roll2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup, I have read reports alleging private security personnel having sex with some of those in quarantine, and caught Covid-19 from them, and became spreaders themselves.

I think that is about 99% correct

A few selfish individuals putting a whole city and state into lockdown
Im not sure of the figures but at one stage 90% of their country's 900 death toll was in Victoria

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are STILL trying to perfect our hotel quarantine system and learning from the mini outbreaks along the way as we're a big, populated city.

I hope you guys stay the course and don't abandon it if there is a mini outbreak.

It helps that no matter who you vote for here they will still close borders and lock you up in hotel quarantine. It's not up for debate in Australia. The chief medical officer makes the call and the government does not defy them.

They have cabinet meetings where both sides of the political divide make suggestions on how to further effectively quarantine people lol

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of our covid superstars is actually a Brit
Interesting read
Near the end she talks about the different approach taken by the UK and NZ

I did not read the article in detail, however, I shared her sentiments that we might have sacrificed health over economy, especially with the second lockdown.

We came out of the second lockdown way to soon in order to allow people to go out and spend money for frigging Christmas with dire consequences!!!

DK :wall: :wall: :wall:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are STILL trying to perfect our hotel quarantine system and learning from the mini outbreaks along the way as we're a big, populated city.

I hope you guys stay the course and don't abandon it if there is a mini outbreak.

It helps that no matter who you vote for here they will still close borders and lock you up in hotel quarantine. It's not up for debate in Australia. The chief medical officer makes the call and the government does not defy them.

They have cabinet meetings where both sides of the political divide make suggestions on how to further effectively quarantine people lol

Our Chief Medical Officer & Chief Scientific Officer have advised of many things that the government have opted not to act on timely. The first full lockdown was advised to be actioned with immediate affect a whole week before the government implemented it. The relaxing of the lockdowns were sooner than they advised, the Eat Out To Help Out scheme we ran over the summer, to encourage people to go to hospitality venues & put money back into the economy, was met with shaking heads from both Chiefs, allowing families to form bubbles over Christmas was a huge head shake from them both & they went on record to say that although you are being told you 'can' meet family doesn't mean you 'should' - the list goes on.

The two officers make no bones about the fact that many decisions have been 'political decisions' and not ones that they had advised. I suspect when this is all over they will both resign from their posts, which will be a sad day & given their experience & pedigree, a decision the government will come to deeply regret.

If only our Chief Officers carried the final decisions that yours' does, perhaps the UK would be in less of a shitty hole right now.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our Chief Medical Officer & Chief Scientific Officer have advised of many things that the government have opted not to act on timely. The first full lockdown was advised to be actioned with immediate affect a whole week before the government implemented it. The relaxing of the lockdowns were sooner than they advised, the Eat Out To Help Out scheme we ran over the summer, to encourage people to go to hospitality venues & put money back into the economy, was met with shaking heads from both Chiefs, allowing families to form bubbles over Christmas was a huge head shake from them both & they went on record to say that although you are being told you 'can' meet family doesn't mean you 'should' - the list goes on.

The two officers make no bones about the fact that many decisions have been 'political decisions' and not ones that they had advised. I suspect when this is all over they will both resign from their posts, which will be a sad day & given their experience & pedigree, a decision the government will come to deeply regret.

If only our Chief Officers carried the final decisions that yours' does, perhaps the UK would be in less of a shitty hole right now.

Very sad when politicans don't listen to science
I suspect even this is over our director general of health might be up for a knighthod

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kipari the requirement for a negative test result prior to entering France was the cause of the mayhem in Dover and Folkestone shortly before Christmas, as lorry drivers could not cross the Channel to go home in time for Christmas without a negative test result.

I know, @dk168 , but given that very particular situation it was a necessary measure. It did apply only to travellers coming from the UK and was already an exception to allow those lorry drivers to re-enter at all, when no other traffic with the UK was allowed.

One still only needs that test for flying. If you come into France by car, no problem (I am well aware of the huge population that crosses those borders multiple times per day for work). With all the checks before flying they could have made a PCR test mandatory before boarding any plane months ago. It's a split second more for the staff at boarding.

When they required on site rapid tests for UK passengers upon arrival (in order not to cause too much disruption for individuals .... That way they were still allowed to fly in).
.. they found multiple positive passengers that first day.

It's just common sense and IMHO no big deal administration wise.

Should make people who don't HAVE TO to think twice if they really need a plane right now.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The Times quoted this morning that the problem with hotels for quarantine was finding space for the 10,000 people per day flying into the U.K. Yep, 10,000 per day. Why are that many people needing to travel in a pandemic? Sheer lunacy to leave the borders open like that.

I also agree with DK - what else are the hotels busy with at the moment? You’d think they’d be laying out the red carpet for the business during lockdown.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Times quoted this morning that the problem with hotels for quarantine was finding space for the 10,000 people per day flying into the U.K. Yep, 10,000 per day. Why are that many people needing to travel in a pandemic? Sheer lunacy to leave the borders open like that.

I also agree with DK - what else are the hotels busy with at the moment? You’d think they’d be laying out the red carpet for the business during lockdown.

Ridiculous. Are the governments so concerned with trampling upon others freedoms that they don't care about the people who are the most vulnerable and the people who are behaving considerately and conscientiously towards others?

Unconscionable IMO.

Stay home.
Don't travel.
Don't go to coutries/states/cities that are not where you live.
Do your part in slowing down the pandemic and stop the spread.

Stop the madness.

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 9.00.04 AM.png

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As the Leader of the Opposition said just now:

Why are our schools closed... but our borders are open....?

I am furious with how this is all playing out & how more & more absolutely outrageous, poorly made decisions are coming to light. I had NO idea the UK has continued to let in 10,000 people each day? And also, that only 3% of people who do arrive & are asked to quarantine, are followed up by test & trace people. What the actual F??!

My children are suffering & the oldest cries daily. I am really worried for her mental health, which is a new thing for us as she has always, always been such a happy, buoyant girl. I have hugged my mother ONCE since March 9th last year. I only see my very close family through a computer screen & yet TEN THOUSAND PEOPLE arrive in the UK, largely unchecked, every single day??!

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
I did not read the article in detail, however, I shared her sentiments that we might have sacrificed health over economy, especially with the second lockdown.

We came out of the second lockdown way to soon in order to allow people to go out and spend money for frigging Christmas with dire consequences!!!

DK :wall: :wall: :wall:

^ This exactly:(2

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel you, @Alex T ... Some of this should be common sense.

Most people I know are trying to squeeze in as much social life (meeting friends, shopping other things than groceries) as possible ATM. We're on a 6 p.m. curfew, but not yet full lockdown as in march. Everyone wants "To go see xyz before they lock us up again" . It's not illegal yet but yeah... Just unwise.

I get snarky remarks when I politely decline and say that, no thanks, that's not the right thing to do right now.
Same for the school holidays. "But we haven't gone anywhere since August" ... Yeah, me neither and neither will , ever , be going the three people who have died in my wider social circle since September.

I dunno common sense and all .

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And now I read that Captain Tom (Moore, who walked round his garden to raise millions for NHS charities) is in hospital with covid, aged 100. And he went to Barbados. In December. With all his family. What The Hell????

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And now I read that Captain Tom (Moore, who walked round his garden to raise millions for NHS charities) is in hospital with covid, aged 100. And he went to Barbados. In December. With all his family. What The Hell????

Don't. I'm trying, very heartlessly, to not think about him having Covid. He's had pneumonia apparently for weeks, so add to that his age & Covid...... :cry2:

I believe Barbados was on his bucket list, so after isolation & negative tests, they decided to take him.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don't. I'm trying, very heartlessly, to not think about him having Covid. He's had pneumonia apparently for weeks, so add to that his age & Covid...... :cry2:

I believe Barbados was on his bucket list, so after isolation & negative tests, they decided to take him.

I wondered how he got it
Its just too risky to travel by anything other than one's own car right now
Even if you had a private jet you still have to go thriugh customs and immigration. Some places quareteen

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It makes angry that Rita Ora thinks it is OK just to say "sorry" for attending a private party organised by one of her own staff, after bribing a restaurant for them to host it during the second lockdown or when the area was under Tier 3 restrictions.

The party should not have taken place, full stop, regardless of who frigging organised it!

DK :x2

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wondered how he got it
Its just too risky to travel by anything other than one's own car right now
Even if you had a private jet you still have to go thriugh customs and immigration. Some places quareteen

Not entirely sure how he got it, however, IMHO, he is extremely vulnerable to Covid due to his age, and he really should be shielding rather than to go out and about, let alone going off to some far flung places on a plane, regardless who paid for his plane tickets, sorry!

I wish him a speedy recovery.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poor old chap, let’s hope he recovers.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
News just in, Captain Sir Tom Moore has passed away, R.I.P..

DK :(2

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Aww, that's so sad. Covid is just so hard on the elderly.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results