shape
carat
color
clarity

full disclosure to my fiancée about the diamond I got her?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: full disclosure to my fiancée about the diamond I got he

zeedeen, Google this, Gemscan compared to GIA

Read the first link that come up.

Can you return this diamond for a refund or exchange?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny|1307900572|2944126 said:

Interesting that Neil posted on that link.

I agree that this indicates the stone is probably lower than G SI2 if it was graded by GIA. I think if color or clarity was important you should have thought about this before buying the stone.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1307915131|2944247 said:
kenny|1307900572|2944126 said:

Interesting that Neil posted on that link.

I agree that this indicates the stone is probably lower than G SI2 if it was graded by GIA. I think if color or clarity was important you should have thought about this before buying the stone.

I tend to agree with this. If you are really concerned that she will be so disappointed with the G SI2 that you should lie about the statistics, then maybe you should have bought a stone graded higher in color and clarity and then drop in carat. It's a tough position to be in- as I am sure she has a carat weight in mind also- and then to match that within your budget...

Honestly, you can be honest with her and tell her the stats when she asks. Present her with the stone - she will fall in love with it I am sure..- and then when she becomes curious about the stats tell her the truth. You bought a G SI2 stone and that when looking at the higher color and clarity stones you would have to drop down significantly in carat size so you though this color and clarity was a nice compromise to get the size you felt was appropriate.

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock

I wouldn't lie about the stats either but the subject may never come up.

If she brings it up, then yes, be honest with her. Just be careful about 'educating' her about diamonds. Some women (myself included) don't react well to getting a lesson on something they didn't ask for. People that come on Pricescope are receptive to being taught but not everyone is so accepting of being 'educated'.

I think this is one you'll have to play by ear.

zeeden

Rough_Rock

To tell you the truth I am not going to return this diamond. I made my choice I've seen enough diamonds gia and gemscan to know that this is the one. I am no longer concern about it's graded color. I got it at good price, taxes in.

Anastasia

Shiny_Rock

It sounds like you are happy with the diamond. You did your research, and you got a beautiful diamond for a good price. Do not lie, and do not worry about it.

By the way, I have been wearing my rings since 1991, and NOT ONCE has anyone asked me anything about specs or price.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

zeeden|1307922330|2944320 said:
To tell you the truth I am not going to return this diamond. I made my choice I've seen enough diamonds gia and gemscan to know that this is the one. I am no longer concern about it's graded color. I got it at good price, taxes in.

Sounds like you made a good decision and I bet she is going to really love her ring!

zeeden

Rough_Rock

I really hope she like it too guys. Thanks for all your advice and suggestions.

Everyday when she's not around I pull it out from it's secret hiding place and stare at it. I think I might end up keeping it for myself.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

zeeden|1307930307|2944410 said:

Everyday when she's not around I pull it out from it's secret hiding place and stare at it. I think I might end up keeping it for myself.

She will love it Zee, and when she gets it and squeels with excitement, get a hand shot and post a pic for us :)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

Zee I am sure she will love it! I think after a major purchase like this everyone starts to second guess themselves, my FI asked me everyday for a week straight if I loved my ring or if I wanted something different! this coming from someone who knew exactly what I wanted and bought me exactly what I wanted :wacko:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

Autumnovember|1307931950|2944430 said:
zeeden|1307930307|2944410 said:

She will love it Zee, and when she gets it and squeels with excitement, get a hand shot and post a pic for us :)

Yes!!! Don't forget us during all the celebrating, come back with handshots :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results