shape
carat
color
clarity

Frustrated >:|

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
turboflgrl said:
I've personally never heard that there was a "disinterest" in Maggie Sottero - I could have purchased much more than I did but I ended up with a Maggie that I found to be prettier than the couture priced gowns I tried on.

That said, if you feel like it could be "the one" for you, I'd pay the $100 and do it. Why don't you try on similar dresses to see if the silhouette is even what looks good on you? That could save you the trouble of ordering it.

The disinterest was expressed in the last thread that was posted by me.

I'm going to go try on other dresses just to see how the silhouettes fit and if I decided the silhouette of the one I originally wanted looks best, I'll pay the 100$ to get it shipped.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D said:
Good lord woman, put on your big girl panties and go try some dresses 8)

Go alone if you think it might feel stressful, at least the first time. Go in the middle of the day during the week when the place will be empty. Walk in and say, "I want a dress, get me some to try!" Then just get trying.

Don't be critical of yourself, just look at the dresses and see what you think! Try 2-3, if you like the sales staff, try more. If not, go to another place. It should be FUN. When you find the right store where they make you feel comfortable, you will find a dress. I am of the mind that there are many many dresses that you could choose and love, so really it is just about trying them on and finding one you like. It is not about "the one". It removes some stress if you think like that. You may also not have that "AAHHH" moment about the dress you choose. I didn't.

You really need to try them because the style you think you would like may not be the one that looks good on your body. So be creative when you try thingsw on and take some risks. You never know what will catch your eye when it is on your body!

This is the only time in your life you get to wear a killer dress and be a princess. Enjoy it and milk it for all it is worth!

I'm going to go with my best friend to try on dresses, I promise! Pictures to follow. Thank you for your great advice :)

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
diamondbuggy said:
Autumn, if I was you I would go have fun trying on a bunch of different styles. I can't wait to start looking at dresses and trying them on.

If you eventually try on the Ella please post pics! I'm also in love with that dress but I would really like to see how it looks on a 'real' person. :)

I will definitely post pictures if I try it on! Look out for my threads ;-)

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Travel Goddess said:
Will any bridal salons in your area be holding Maggie Sottero trunk shows? I went to a salon that was having an Enzoani trunk show but they didn't have the dress I wanted. The owner of the salon had a sample shipped a few weeks later and didn't charge me since she felt bad about not having it at the trunk show (and because the salon was a two hour drive from me!).

Just checked the site, there is going to be 3 at the end of November. Two of which I'll be able to go to! They're kind of far but whatever, it's worth it to check them out. Thanks for the suggestion, greatly appreciated!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember said:
Just checked the site, there is going to be 3 at the end of November. Two of which I'll be able to go to! They're kind of far but whatever, it's worth it to check them out. Thanks for the suggestion, greatly appreciated!

Gather up some friends/BMs and make a road trip out of it!

turboflgrl

Shiny_Rock
Autumnovember said:
turboflgrl said:
I've personally never heard that there was a "disinterest" in Maggie Sottero - I could have purchased much more than I did but I ended up with a Maggie that I found to be prettier than the couture priced gowns I tried on.

That said, if you feel like it could be "the one" for you, I'd pay the $100 and do it. Why don't you try on similar dresses to see if the silhouette is even what looks good on you? That could save you the trouble of ordering it.

The disinterest was expressed in the last thread that was posted by me.

I'm going to go try on other dresses just to see how the silhouettes fit and if I decided the silhouette of the one I originally wanted looks best, I'll pay the 100$ to get it shipped.

Out of curiosity, I checked out the old thread and I agree with what they are saying about Maggie's. I also was not impressed with the lace gowns and found their white gowns to not pull off the same sophistication as ivory... but I've felt like that across the board no matter the designer. It all depends what pricepoint you want to come in at. Just keep in mind that every designer has areas where they are not the best - different fabrics equate different results.

I would also recommend trying on shapes you wouldn't normally be attracted to. I was all about the ball gown and ended up with a trumpet/mermaid style! :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results