shape
carat
color
clarity

Frustrated...Help setting

bubu

Rough_Rock
Hi Guys,
Am almost getting so frustrated with my setting hunt mainly dues to my limited budget the settings i love are so out of my reach and the ones i can afford i absolutely hate. can anyone please tell me where i can find a setting like this for a reasonable price.

Thank you Jun%2011-139_0.jpg

Kimmy

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I think your budget is necessary in order to help you. "Reasonable" is relative. Some people on this forum would consider $5,000 a very reasonable price while others would consider $500 to the the limit on reasonable.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
That picture is of a double halo which is very $$ if done right and well. If you are wanting such a complex ring design it really would be better to save up and get one made by someone like Steven Kirsch, Victor Canera or Leon Mege. What is your budget?

bubu

Rough_Rock
My budget is about 1000- 1500. What i like most is the double halo surrounding the stone.

bubu

Rough_Rock
Yes i really would love the double halo. My budget is btw 1000 to 1500 dollars.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kimmy|1307392953|2939194 said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/0-70-CTW-DIAMON...ltDomain_0&hash=item3a62c1f4c9#ht_2259wt_1018

I don't know the seller, but here is an 18k double halo with a squared shape like the one you posted.

That thing's going to fall apart after three months of wear.

Here's the truth... unless you get lucky with a second hand setting what you want is NOT available in any type of quality that will work for engagement ring wear in today's market. Metal and diamond prices (including melee, the tiny diamonds in pave) are at an all time high and cheap pave falls apart and what you will pay in repairs will make your original budget look like peanuts.

That setting, in today's market will be about 6-7K if handmade and high quality. Probably closer to 5 with CAD and Cast.

Your budget, to be perfectly frank is one that is for a solitaire, with some pave on it. Not for a double halo.

My suggestion is to buy the cheapest safest setting for your stone and save up for your dream setting. You will be thrilled when it is finally on your finger.

bubu

Rough_Rock
Thank you. Appreciate ur help.

bubu

Rough_Rock
Thank you. I appreciate ur honesty i probably am living in fantasy land. I guess ill just settle for some thing i can afford for now

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would get a solitaire and save my pennies, or else get a halo from another reasonably priced company that is not double halo, maybe with a plain shank to save money.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is hard to balance what you want with what you can have.

I know what it is like to wait for the right setting. I waited 4 years for my setting (and um... just got it redone again this year) and I was ANTSY.

But the advice of this board to WAIT and MAKE SURE I get EXACTLY what I want was what saved me from wasting a TON of money on things that were close, or almost there, or just plain affordable and tempting.

So I wanted to give you the same advice-- because although it wasn't what I wanted to hear-- it was the RIGHT advice. It is worth waiting for. And if you know what you want DO NOT SETTLE for less. Just save up and gather your intel and buy it when everything is right.

:wavey:

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
That is a beautiful and unique setting - double halo with split shank and a bezel like element between the two halos. I know what it feels like to not want to settle.

I am going to throw out another option that may not be that popular but ... what about going for a LOGR or Lan.Bo4 setting. They are popular sellers in China who has ready made settings and also do custom work. Their settings won't last you a life time but I found them to be compareable in quality to the average store. Heck .. for the price .. after it falls apart you can still afford a new one. I own around 30 settings from them and they are lovely in my opinion. I also had custom pieces made by them .. one turned out ok and one so so but where the heck would I get custom made ring with pave and gold for a few hundred bucks.

http://stores.ebay.com/Lord-of-Gem-Rings
http://shop.ebay.com/lan.bo4

Example of a split shank halo: http://cgi.ebay.com/7mm-Round-14K-Gold-Pave-Diamond-Semi-Mount-Ring-3-17g-/250830541862?pt=US_Fine_Rings&hash=item3a66aa5426

Example of a double halo: http://cgi.ebay.com/7x9mm-PEAR-14K-WHITE-GOLD-31CT-DIAMOND-SEMI-MOUNT-RING-/370501098614?pt=US_Fine_Rings&hash=item5643961c76

A bit crazy - triple halo: http://cgi.ebay.com/6-6-5mm-ROUND-14K-WHITE-GOLD-55ct-DIAMOND-RING-SETTING-/370507826747?pt=US_Fine_Rings&hash=item5643fcc63b

Double Halo and Split Shank: http://cgi.ebay.com/6x8-EMERALD-CUT-14K-WHITE-GOLD-DIAMOND-SEMI-MOUNT-RING-/250801932406?pt=US_Fine_Rings&hash=item3a64f5c876

They can customize for any diamond size and shape for you.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Charmy's suggestions are along the lines of what I was thinking -- a temporary setting while you save for higher quality. If the price is low then it might be worth it to you.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
My RHR is a split shank halo from one of the Chinese sellers (Lan.Bo, but has another store with eBay name jewe2004, I think). You can see it in my avatar <------ It isn't the most amazing setting in the world, but I think I paid less than $300 and my local jeweler set my spinel and tightened everything up for me so I wouldn't lose any of the tiny melee diamonds. I am very happy with it and nobody knows it was a cheapie eBay setting, they just see the diamonds! I wore it heavily for a while, wearing it less now, but could be an excellent option if you can save the remaining $1,200 now and add a bit to it here and there to save up for a Steven Kirsch. :love:

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Here are some of my china settings with stones set in them. I sitll have many unmatched settings and stones :( but I have banned myself from the gemstone sites as I was too obsessed.

CharmyPoo-EbaySettingMay.jpg

bubu

Rough_Rock
Awww thank you for all the links and advise i will take a look at their store and see what i can find. I so appreciate ur help

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you were given some good advice thus far, you can contact Diamonds by Lauren and eternity diamonds to see about having a double halo made. Or you can look to get a temporary setting for now and save up for an anniversary or special occasion to have your stone set into the forever setting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results