shape
carat
color
clarity

from twist tie to 1.33ct OEC...the evolution of my wedding set!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
It all started with a humble little twist tie given in love
30.gif
30.gif

Last 12 Months - 2.jpg

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Then, a week later came the sterling silver wedding band...

Last 12 Months - 3.jpg

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
We had actually ordered this rose gold one for our wedding band, but her casting failed and so it came later. We got them from Zahour on Etsy! Love her.

Last 12 Months - 4.jpg

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
I actually wore them both together, stacked like this (though on my ring finger!)

misckastackersagain.jpg

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Then, along came this beauty!!!
30.gif
30.gif
31.gif
9.gif
4.gif

Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics, my point and shoot is on the fritz and my DSLR isn''t doing what I want it to
20.gif
(my incompetence, not it''s!).

Last 12 Months - 5.jpg

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some MUCH better pics, from Jewels by Erica Grace (review to come in a minute)

untitled event - 182.jpg

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
another

untitled event - 183.jpg

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
side view

untitled event - 181.jpg

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
larger version of my Av...

untitled event - 184.jpg

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Compared to (IIRC) a j/k .95 in illusion setting.

resneakpeeknewsletterjune12009 - 2.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful Ring. Great looking twist tie
1.gif
that is so darling!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
So...there it is!

The setting is an actual antique, Grace said it is likely around 100 years old. I love that! The stone is a similar age, most likely. I remember in HS, thinking that I would want an antique ring, it just seems so romantic.

I love love love this stone and ring. Funny thing, whenever I would peruse the SMTR folder, I was always most drawn to the rings with 1.25ct rounds. I always thought this would be out of budget, so I am over the moon to have this size. In my area of the country, it is really huge and all my female relatives asked me if I needed to start hand exercises to hold my finger up! LOL!

Some of you may have seen it on the JBEG Sneak Peek newsletter, but if not, they listed it as a Q/R color SI1 clarity. I emailed Grace a MILLION questions about the color, and she was incredibly patient and helpful. She even sent me a video...if you are interested wouldn''t be hard to find it on YouTube and it really shows the fire.

Oh, good Lord, the fire. It''s incredible. I stare at it all day. It''s a sickness!

The facet pattern is amazing, and I love the culet size, it''s just right to me...not too big, not too small.

I had it appraised, and it came back as O color VS2 clarity, and said it faced up like a 1.34 (the 1.33 was weighed), with measurements around 7.25x7.07 or something. What a pleasant surprise that was! I had a hard time believing it was a Q/R anyway, it has great white light performance (is that brilliance or scintillation??) so it really rarely looks tinted. Mostly just warm, really slightly warm. My favorite place to look at it in the house is in my yellow office!

I could not say enough about JBEG. I already told hubby that I will be needing some earrings from there at some point
11.gif
12.gif
He agreed. What a keeper!

I was going to reset it into a Caleb Meyer bezel, or maybe even a Leon, but now I am not sure. I love this setting a lot. This wouldn''t happen until next summer, anyway, so lots of time to decide.

Right now I wear it all the time next to my rose gold stacking band. I plan to get a plain 2mm plat band to match it, hopefully for our vow renewal/"wedding" in september. My DH has a wooden and silver band so he needs a new one too.

Thanks for looking!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
oh, I forgot one!

This cracks me up...my original "set"!

Last 12 Months - 7.jpg

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Miscka,

Your new OEC is stunning to say the least. Love it! Gorgeous pattern, and flashes of color!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love your original set
2.gif
but am out of my mind with envy over the new crystal doorknob jobby.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Miscka, I LOVE your ring. I tend to be a big fan of the warmer stones, period, but this is GORGEOUS. And your setting is hands-down one of my favorites on the board - I''m normally not a fan of cathedral-type settings, but the two little "loops" pull the whole thing together so gracefully! Thanks for showing us the evolution of your set!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful ring. I love the stone, and I never would have guessed the color!!! The patterning is really wonderful! I think you're setting will grow and grow on you more and more. It looks like it's 6 hearts around -- very sweet! Enjoy your new ring!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous rings! And very interesting ceiling area in your home (photo number 4)
9.gif

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Miscka, I love your journey! Congrats and the ring is gorgeous
36.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
aw... I love that how everything progressed... I hope you still have that twist tie!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
So fun to see the evolution! Beautiful stone and setting. Perfection!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you D&T, Beechezz, Deco, LovesVintage, MC, akmiss and tigian!! I feel so lucky to have found such a great stone for a STEAL!

Maisie-Haha! That is my old loft apartment. The building used to be a tobacco warehouse! I have moved since then, though.

Circe-what a compliment! I have always adored your set. It''s funny, I have the same reaction to my setting. I normally don''t like cathedrals AT ALL, except for this one.

ckrickett-of course I do! I pinned it in my dress as my "something blue" for our ceremony. I actually took that "set" picture this morning. I keep it in a safe place so it doesn''t get thrown out on accident
32.gif

Thanks again everyone
5.gif
9.gif
10.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
I totally forgot...Grace mentioned that the stone used to belong to a fellow PSer...

come out, come out, wherever you are! I am dying to know whose it was and where they found it
4.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Miscka, while your original set is quite lovely,
9.gif
, I absolutely love your new ring. It''s so gorgeous!!!! Oh, I love the stacking bands too.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Miscka - wow, that is just an amazing find! It looks absolutely stunning! Wear it in good health!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Miscka, I love your stone! It''s beautiful! Congrats on finding it, that makes it even more of a treasure! Wear it in good health!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
swooooooon, I love it; congratulations honey, it is gorgeous
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww what a great journey, love this story!! It''s soooo gorgeous, I just love it. I adore the older cuts, it''s a beauty for sure!!!
30.gif
30.gif

SeattleSweetheart

Shiny_Rock
What a wonderful story! I just love the heart bands.

30.gif
That is one knockout diamond ring!
30.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results