shape
carat
color
clarity
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PriceScope Upgrade Completed
    For issues, questions and comments click the link below
    https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pricescope-upgraded-comments-and-issues.229551/

Dismiss Notice

from twist tie to 1.33ct OEC...the evolution of my wedding set!

Discussion in 'Show Me the Bling! (Rings,Earrings,Jewelry)' started by Miscka, Jun 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miscka
    Brilliant_Rock

by Miscka » Jun 23, 2009
    It all started with a humble little twist tie given in love[​IMG][​IMG]

Last 12 Months - 2.jpg

2. Miscka
    Brilliant_Rock

by Miscka » Jun 23, 2009
    Then, a week later came the sterling silver wedding band...

Last 12 Months - 3.jpg

3. Miscka
    Brilliant_Rock

by Miscka » Jun 23, 2009
    We had actually ordered this rose gold one for our wedding band, but her casting failed and so it came later. We got them from Zahour on Etsy! Love her.

Last 12 Months - 4.jpg

4. Miscka
    Brilliant_Rock

by Miscka » Jun 23, 2009
    I actually wore them both together, stacked like this (though on my ring finger!)

misckastackersagain.jpg

5. Miscka
    Brilliant_Rock

by Miscka » Jun 23, 2009
    Then, along came this beauty!!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics, my point and shoot is on the fritz and my DSLR isn''t doing what I want it to [​IMG] (my incompetence, not it''s!).

Last 12 Months - 5.jpg

6. Miscka
    Brilliant_Rock

by Miscka » Jun 23, 2009
    Here are some MUCH better pics, from Jewels by Erica Grace (review to come in a minute)

untitled event - 182.jpg

7. Miscka
    Brilliant_Rock

by Miscka » Jun 23, 2009
    another

untitled event - 183.jpg

8. Miscka
    Brilliant_Rock

by Miscka » Jun 23, 2009
    side view

untitled event - 181.jpg

9. Miscka
    Brilliant_Rock

by Miscka » Jun 23, 2009
    larger version of my Av...

untitled event - 184.jpg

10. Miscka
    Brilliant_Rock

by Miscka » Jun 23, 2009
    Compared to (IIRC) a j/k .95 in illusion setting.

resneakpeeknewsletterjune12009 - 2.jpg

11. dannyandterry
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by dannyandterry » Jun 23, 2009
    What a beautiful Ring. Great looking twist tie [​IMG] that is so darling!

12. Miscka
    Brilliant_Rock

by Miscka » Jun 23, 2009
    So...there it is!

The setting is an actual antique, Grace said it is likely around 100 years old. I love that! The stone is a similar age, most likely. I remember in HS, thinking that I would want an antique ring, it just seems so romantic.

I love love love this stone and ring. Funny thing, whenever I would peruse the SMTR folder, I was always most drawn to the rings with 1.25ct rounds. I always thought this would be out of budget, so I am over the moon to have this size. In my area of the country, it is really huge and all my female relatives asked me if I needed to start hand exercises to hold my finger up! LOL!

Some of you may have seen it on the JBEG Sneak Peek newsletter, but if not, they listed it as a Q/R color SI1 clarity. I emailed Grace a MILLION questions about the color, and she was incredibly patient and helpful. She even sent me a video...if you are interested wouldn''t be hard to find it on YouTube and it really shows the fire.

Oh, good Lord, the fire. It''s incredible. I stare at it all day. It''s a sickness!

The facet pattern is amazing, and I love the culet size, it''s just right to me...not too big, not too small.

I had it appraised, and it came back as O color VS2 clarity, and said it faced up like a 1.34 (the 1.33 was weighed), with measurements around 7.25x7.07 or something. What a pleasant surprise that was! I had a hard time believing it was a Q/R anyway, it has great white light performance (is that brilliance or scintillation??) so it really rarely looks tinted. Mostly just warm, really slightly warm. My favorite place to look at it in the house is in my yellow office!

I could not say enough about JBEG. I already told hubby that I will be needing some earrings from there at some point [​IMG][​IMG] He agreed. What a keeper!

I was going to reset it into a Caleb Meyer bezel, or maybe even a Leon, but now I am not sure. I love this setting a lot. This wouldn''t happen until next summer, anyway, so lots of time to decide.

Right now I wear it all the time next to my rose gold stacking band. I plan to get a plain 2mm plat band to match it, hopefully for our vow renewal/"wedding" in september. My DH has a wooden and silver band so he needs a new one too.

Thanks for looking!

13. Miscka
    Brilliant_Rock

by Miscka » Jun 23, 2009
    oh, I forgot one!

This cracks me up...my original "set"!

Last 12 Months - 7.jpg

14. beechezz
    Brilliant_Rock

by beechezz » Jun 23, 2009
    Miscka,

Your new OEC is stunning to say the least. Love it! Gorgeous pattern, and flashes of color!

15. decodelighted
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by decodelighted » Jun 23, 2009
    Love your original set [​IMG] but am out of my mind with envy over the new crystal doorknob jobby. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

16. Circe
    Ideal_Rock
    Trade

by Circe » Jun 23, 2009
    Miscka, I LOVE your ring. I tend to be a big fan of the warmer stones, period, but this is GORGEOUS. And your setting is hands-down one of my favorites on the board - I''m normally not a fan of cathedral-type settings, but the two little "loops" pull the whole thing together so gracefully! Thanks for showing us the evolution of your set!

17. Loves Vintage
    Ideal_Rock

by Loves Vintage » Jun 23, 2009
    Very beautiful ring. I love the stone, and I never would have guessed the color!!! The patterning is really wonderful! I think you're setting will grow and grow on you more and more. It looks like it's 6 hearts around -- very sweet! Enjoy your new ring!!

18. MichelleCarmen
    Super_Ideal_Rock

19. Maisiebelle
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Maisiebelle » Jun 23, 2009
    Gorgeous rings! And very interesting ceiling area in your home (photo number 4) [​IMG]

20. akmiss
    Brilliant_Rock

by akmiss » Jun 23, 2009
    Miscka, I love your journey! Congrats and the ring is gorgeous [​IMG]

21. ckrickett
    Ideal_Rock

by ckrickett » Jun 23, 2009
    aw... I love that how everything progressed... I hope you still have that twist tie!

22. tigian
    Ideal_Rock
    Trade

by tigian » Jun 23, 2009
    So fun to see the evolution! Beautiful stone and setting. Perfection!

23. Miscka
    Brilliant_Rock

by Miscka » Jun 23, 2009
    Thank you D&T, Beechezz, Deco, LovesVintage, MC, akmiss and tigian!! I feel so lucky to have found such a great stone for a STEAL!

Maisie-Haha! That is my old loft apartment. The building used to be a tobacco warehouse! I have moved since then, though.

Circe-what a compliment! I have always adored your set. It''s funny, I have the same reaction to my setting. I normally don''t like cathedrals AT ALL, except for this one.

ckrickett-of course I do! I pinned it in my dress as my "something blue" for our ceremony. I actually took that "set" picture this morning. I keep it in a safe place so it doesn''t get thrown out on accident [​IMG]

Thanks again everyone [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

24. Miscka
    Brilliant_Rock

by Miscka » Jun 23, 2009
    I totally forgot...Grace mentioned that the stone used to belong to a fellow PSer...

come out, come out, wherever you are! I am dying to know whose it was and where they found it [​IMG]

25. Catmom
    Ideal_Rock

by Catmom » Jun 23, 2009
    Miscka, while your original set is quite lovely, [​IMG], I absolutely love your new ring. It''s so gorgeous!!!! Oh, I love the stacking bands too.

26. LaurenThePartier
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by LaurenThePartier » Jun 23, 2009
    Miscka - wow, that is just an amazing find! It looks absolutely stunning! Wear it in good health!

27. luv2sparkle
    Ideal_Rock

by luv2sparkle » Jun 23, 2009
    Miscka, I love your stone! It''s beautiful! Congrats on finding it, that makes it even more of a treasure! Wear it in good health!

28. Skippy123
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Skippy123 » Jun 23, 2009
    swooooooon, I love it; congratulations honey, it is gorgeous[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!

29. Kaleigh
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Kaleigh » Jun 23, 2009
    Awww what a great journey, love this story!! It''s soooo gorgeous, I just love it. I adore the older cuts, it''s a beauty for sure!!![​IMG][​IMG]

30. SeattleSweetheart
    Shiny_Rock

by SeattleSweetheart » Jun 23, 2009
    What a wonderful story! I just love the heart bands.

[​IMG]That is one knockout diamond ring![​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.