shape
carat
color
clarity

Friends please help with my decision!!!!

What should I do?

• Upgrade your stone to a 2.1 ct., or as big as you can get for the $$ you have now.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Are you crazy girl? Dont touch your ring, get a blingy eternity band, that should satisfy the urge

• Reset your stone into a delicate halo. Extra blingage right there.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2009 5:41:47 AM
Author: Dani

YES!!! You are a mind reader, DD!!!! My worry is, I feel that this will be my last chance to upgrade (until Im old, lol). We plan on starting a family soon, and I just dont reasonably see us spending this $$$ on an upgrade after we have children. Im just being realistic. Of course, we can always use this $$ for something else even now, but I feel like life is too short, I work hard, and let me get it now before life and family just take over-you know what I mean?
2.gif
So many things to think about!!!!
6.gif
I do know what you mean, but there will be life after babies too, don''t worry!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi friends,

Thanks so much for all of your responses. Your opinions and perspectives really matter alot to me! I am going to have a visit with Mark on Monday to look at some cushions for my soon-to-be sister-in law, and also at some EC''s for myself!!! I''ll keep you posted!!!
1.gif

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/11/2009 5:38:36 AM
Date: 12/10/2009 8:53:49 PM

Author: gardengloves

Date: 12/10/2009 7:30:42 PM

Hi guys,

I dont know. This is so hard!!! I think I just want a 2ct stone- is that bad? Why is that the magic #? Where will I start to see the size difference visually from my 1.7? I may be able to stretch the budget to get around a 2.25ct, although I probably would have to drop to a H/VS2. I dont want to go any lower than that.

Also, if I upgrade, will I be able to use my current setting? Im thinking not. So I would probably just mount my new stone in a WG solitaire setting until I decide what I really want in my forever e-ring.

I''M A BRAT!!!
11.gif

Hi Dani, I did the jump from a 1.7 too, it''s so tricky to get the size increase you want, especially with a fancy cut stone.. 2.25 may very well take you there, look for dimensions rather than carat weight. Try some on and see the difference. I''m no expert, . Just make sure its enough of an increase to please you. The price goes up with each of those tiny carats, so you gotta make sure it will give you what you want , otherwise, wait and save and go for the big one. I brought a bunch of those fakes to see the difference in size on my finger before I made the move. Walked around with it for a few days, until I just knew.

Gardengloves- Thanks!!! Where did you go with your upgrade, if I may ask?

Hi Dani,

If you can do the upgrade now that is a great idea and will make you very happy. I''m so glad you came to a decision. Hey, you can always change settings, but it is always good to have the essential piece- stone you want.

Dani, we purchased my stone loose in the NYC diamond district. My husband has bought diamonds in the past - he had some contacts he previously purchased from and we also had some recommendations from friends. He''s old school, goes back to what he knows. I was dead set on a princess. He called and asked to see princess cut in the 3 carat range. We''d made appointments several places, had to submit SS number and passports with some, and we spent about a week looking at stones. What a wonderful crazy, extraordinary week it was. I love the diamond district - it is thrilling. We looked at princesses, a few rounds and my radiant showed up. Creaking elevators, a warren of booths, appraiser on the same block, setting guy on the street, the diamond district is just amazing.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Garden- I know, I love the DD. Its so fun just to walk around and check out all the eye candy!!! Are there pics of your gorgeous ring on PS? I would love to check it out!!!

I dont know guys, if I upgraded now I would probably just set my new stone in a simple WG solitaire setting until I can figure out what I want in my long term setting. It so hard, b/c there are so many great choices!!!! At least if I set it in a solitaire it will look very similar to my old ring (minus the pave basket). If I did that, at some point I would love to get a EC sapphire to mount in my original setting, since I love sapphires!!!!:)

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Also I meant to ask, what do you guys think about this Tacori 3 stone ring? It had a VERY SUBTLE halo with side trap-like looking diamonds (although I know they arent traps)....

Attachments

• Product4949.M.png
    41.3 KB · Views: 127

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2009 9:11:17 AM
Also I meant to ask, what do you guys think about this Tacori 3 stone ring? It had a VERY SUBTLE halo with side trap-like looking diamonds (although I know they arent traps)....
We should meet up and go to the store this week and try on this setting. I''ve been dying to see what it looks like in person. It''s basically my setting with the cadilac? side stones. I love it with the RB and think I would love it with the EC too. Anyway, I personally love your current setting. I''ve been itching for a BIG eternity band and I think that would look amazing with your current stone and setting. Although, if I had money to upgrade, I probably would. I''m all over the place with my thoughts on this one.

I''m going to email you later or next week. My mom is in town this weekend so I''m super busy but I can meet up with you sometime this week if you want?

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2009 11:47:45 AM
Author: emeraldlover1
Date: 12/12/2009 9:11:17 AM

We should meet up and go to the store this week and try on this setting. I''ve been dying to see what it looks like in person. It''s basically my setting with the cadilac? side stones. I love it with the RB and think I would love it with the EC too. Anyway, I personally love your current setting. I''ve been itching for a BIG eternity band and I think that would look amazing with your current stone and setting. Although, if I had money to upgrade, I probably would. I''m all over the place with my thoughts on this one.

I''m going to email you later or next week. My mom is in town this weekend so I''m super busy but I can meet up with you sometime this week if you want?

Awesome!!! Can you meet up this Monday, I''ll be in the city, going to see Mark!!!!!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results