shape
carat
color
clarity

Friends please help with my decision!!!!

What should I do?

• Upgrade your stone to a 2.1 ct., or as big as you can get for the $$ you have now.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Are you crazy girl? Dont touch your ring, get a blingy eternity band, that should satisfy the urge

• Reset your stone into a delicate halo. Extra blingage right there.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
hmm, not sure what happend to my links, but just noticed someone has allready posted them, so the Leon one are just yummy!!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I voted for a halo, although I really like the 3 stone idea that others have suggeested even more. I have a friend with a small 3 stone ec ring, and it is just a super classy ring!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for your responses so far!!!!! This is so hard! Keep those opinions and input coming!!!!
2.gif
I appreciate it!!!

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Dani,

I followed this thread all day at work, just dying to jump in. I love your project and your ring.

First your ring is beautiful. As someone mentioned it is classic Harry Winston look, ditto that, emeralds are a thing of beauty, grace and elegance.

A delicate halo on a pave band would of course be absolutely sublime, but OMG , as many mentioned and even posted pictures, setting it as a 3 stone with trap sidestones would really give you the dramatic presence, hefty weight and sense of an entirely new look.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
You have a classic solitaire, and I would not mess with that. Your ring is absolutely gorgeous as it is. I suggest getting another ring, (or two, or three) to wear. Frankly, I''m not a fan of tiny round stones surrounding a classic emerald cut. It just looks wrong to me, and I agree that in the future, it will also look dated.

Here''s my suggestion. Put your EC away for a few weeks, and go without. When you take it out again to wear, it will look huge to you and you will fall in love with your ring all over again. That''s my receipe for both DSS and boredom.

Best wishes on your decision.
35.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, no fair! A three stone ring wasn''t an option! Ha!

Resetting your stone with traps would be gorgeous - too bad I didn''t think of that!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
OMG, blingy eternity band and halo are sooooo close!!! Also, many are suggesting the 3 stone option, which I like, but are sidestones going to make my center stone look smaller? I saw a woman today at the grocery store with an AMAZING 3 stone EC ring. It really was gorgeous.

Ok- stupid question-If I remove my stone from my current setting, Im assuming it will be re-usable in case I wanted to mount my stone back into it in the future? Would just the prongs need to be re-worked? I dont know!

Thanks everyone!!!!!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 5:47:30 AM
Author: Dani
OMG, blingy eternity band and halo are sooooo close!!! Also, many are suggesting the 3 stone option, which I like, but are sidestones going to make my center stone look smaller? I saw a woman today at the grocery store with an AMAZING 3 stone EC ring. It really was gorgeous.

Ok- stupid question-If I remove my stone from my current setting, Im assuming it will be re-usable in case I wanted to mount my stone back into it in the future? Would just the prongs need to be re-worked? I dont know!

Thanks everyone!!!!!
OOOOH, I LOVE the idea of sidestone traps
18.gif
. And yes, as long as you take it to a good jeweler that is careful when they remove your stone, it should be fine to remount your original stone back in if you ever change your mind. But I would just keep it and put a nice colored stone in it for a great RHR!

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
If you want it more 'blingy' then definately the sidestone idea would give a much bigger impact / finger coverage.

I would go 5 stone for max effect

Your current wedding bands are lovely and I dont think an eternity band would work with them.

Upgrade to 2.1 wouldnt be noticeably different sizewise IMO - although mentally it might make a difference to you cos its over the magic 2.

Haloing would be my second option but I dont think it will be as effective for BLING as the sidestone idea.

the Leon 5 stone is fabulous - go for something similar to that

ETA: I didnt vote cos I wanted to vote "other"

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Your ring set is amazing! I have it saved it my favorites folder for frequent drooling!

On the other hand, I also have emeraldlover''s in there, and hers is in a delicate halo. But I really love your set too. I guess you can''t go wrong. Upgrading to a bigger stone but keeping the same(ish) setting would be good too. I suppose I''m no help.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldn''t upgrade unless it was significantly different.

I''m not the biggest fan of the halo but I do concur with Vesper and say that Emeraldlover1''s ring is sublime and makes her EC pop and I think this would be stunning.

I also love the Leon''s but if it were me, I''d reset to an east/west style and get a kicking eternity ring.

Sorry, I''ve been no help but for some ideas check this oot:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/emerald-cuts-asschers-a-collection.113993/

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Dani,

I agree with the comments about your ring looking like a classic HW. Your ring has always been one of my favorite solitaires. I just love it, but I understand the need for more bling. I really like the idea of adding some sidestones. Then later on if you still want more bling you could add an eternity band. And you could always add a pretty gemstone in your current setting so you can wear it as a RHR.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi guys,

I dont know. This is so hard!!! I think I just want a 2ct stone- is that bad? Why is that the magic #? Where will I start to see the size difference visually from my 1.7? I may be able to stretch the budget to get around a 2.25ct, although I probably would have to drop to a H/VS2. I dont want to go any lower than that.

Also, if I upgrade, will I be able to use my current setting? Im thinking not. So I would probably just mount my new stone in a WG solitaire setting until I decide what I really want in my forever e-ring.

I'M A BRAT!!!
11.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, Dani - I absolutely adore your EC set as it is, but if you want the upgrade to be more noticeable, I think a 2.25 would definitely give you a bit of visual size difference.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 7:30:42 PM
Hi guys,

I dont know. This is so hard!!! I think I just want a 2ct stone- is that bad? Why is that the magic #? Where will I start to see the size difference visually from my 1.7? I may be able to stretch the budget to get around a 2.25ct, although I probably would have to drop to a H/VS2. I dont want to go any lower than that.

Also, if I upgrade, will I be able to use my current setting? Im thinking not. So I would probably just mount my new stone in a WG solitaire setting until I decide what I really want in my forever e-ring.

I''M A BRAT!!!
11.gif

Hi Dani, I did the jump from a 1.7 too, it''s so tricky to get the size increase you want, especially with a fancy cut stone.. 2.25 may very well take you there, look for dimensions rather than carat weight. Try some on and see the difference. I''m no expert, . Just make sure its enough of an increase to please you. The price goes up with each of those tiny carats, so you gotta make sure it will give you what you want , otherwise, wait and save and go for the big one. I brought a bunch of those fakes to see the difference in size on my finger before I made the move. Walked around with it for a few days, until I just knew.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi guys,

I''M A BRAT!!!
11.gif
hahah.. NO! It isn''t bad! The heart wants what it wants. I think I know what you are thinking lady. You want to ge ta bigger diamond but your worry it isn''t "worth" it, that it won''t satisfy the desire, that somehow it is too excessive. I feel that way too when I think about getting a larger diamond. Poop I say. If you can afford it then you should get what you want. I think a 2.25ct HVS2 would be awesome, and you could havea fun time on the search for the right diamond.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IF you can move up to a 2.25 ctw you might see a noticeable difference. But I''m not sure it will be more blingy, just larger. Will that get you what you really want??? And how does your husband feel about a total upgrade?

Sidestones would make it more blingy as would a eternity band...I would try some fake rings at the 2.25 mm size and see. Then try some 3 stone and 5 stone rings.

Good Luck!!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Hi guys,

I''M A BRAT!!!
11.gif

No, it''s not bad. You should have anything you want.
1.gif

Still, I voted for the halo idea. I like the way it looks and I think it would look great with your two bands.

Good luck with your decision!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 8:53:49 PM
Author: gardengloves

Hi guys,

I''M A BRAT!!!
11.gif

Hi Dani, I did the jump from a 1.7 too, it''s so tricky to get the size increase you want, especially with a fancy cut stone.. 2.25 may very well take you there, look for dimensions rather than carat weight. Try some on and see the difference. I''m no expert, . Just make sure its enough of an increase to please you. The price goes up with each of those tiny carats, so you gotta make sure it will give you what you want , otherwise, wait and save and go for the big one. I brought a bunch of those fakes to see the difference in size on my finger before I made the move. Walked around with it for a few days, until I just knew.

Gardengloves- Thanks!!! Where did you go with your upgrade, if I may ask?

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 9:43:20 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

Hi guys,

I''M A BRAT!!!
11.gif

hahah.. NO! It isn''t bad! The heart wants what it wants. I think I know what you are thinking lady. You want to ge ta bigger diamond but your worry it isn''t ''worth'' it, that it won''t satisfy the desire, that somehow it is too excessive. I feel that way too when I think about getting a larger diamond. Poop I say. If you can afford it then you should get what you want. I think a 2.25ct HVS2 would be awesome, and you could havea fun time on the search for the right diamond.

YES!!! You are a mind reader, DD!!!! My worry is, I feel that this will be my last chance to upgrade (until Im old, lol). We plan on starting a family soon, and I just dont reasonably see us spending this $$$ on an upgrade after we have children. Im just being realistic. Of course, we can always use this $$ for something else even now, but I feel like life is too short, I work hard, and let me get it now before life and family just take over-you know what I mean?
2.gif
So many things to think about!!!!
6.gif

Rock Your Socks

Shiny_Rock
do a east west setting, so modern and not very common.

Rock Your Socks

Shiny_Rock
or east west emerald diamond halo..num num

emewh.jpg

Collee

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE your stone and classic setting. I really like the 3 stone idea suggested but it is apparent from your posts that you desire a larger stone (or the appearance of one). My fear is that if you opt for a halo, 3 stone ring or blingy eternity you will regret not upgrading the stone. As you mentioned, 'life is too short, the time is now, i work hard and deserve it'. Don't overanalyze or feel as if you need to justify your upgrade to a bigger blingy rock. If you have the desire, funds, and can convince the hubby, GO FOR IT!!! Can't wait to hear what you decide.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Tough decision, Dani. I love your set but can absolutely see where you''re coming from. I didn''t vote because I can''t decide...although reading your posts makes me think you should upgrade
16.gif
Can''t wait to see what you end up with!! Keep us posted!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dani your set is one of my all time favorites.
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results